Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LW5x01)
    There is not a single in-store job for greater london, how is this possible @[email protected]
    they already have enough people? :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm glad i have a job because it means i can pay stupid prices to go and see silly people like Rihanna. ahhh bring on payday i'm almost broke lol.

(Original post by LW5x01)
    There is not a single in-store job for greater london, how is this possible @[email protected]
    It's Christmas and the jobs were all taken two weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i'm glad i have a job because it means i can pay stupid prices to go and see silly people like Rihanna. ahhh bring on payday i'm almost broke lol.
    rihanna is awesome, not been to see her though
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mug51)
    rihanna is awesome, not been to see her though
    no me neither, looking forward to november now not so thrilled at paying £103 though lol. come on payday!
    got quite a couple of gigs now! lady gaga on friday, katy perry in march, eliza doolittle in april and now rihanna in november

ReputationRep:
    no me neither, looking forward to november now not so thrilled at paying £103 though lol. come on payday!
    got quite a couple of gigs now! lady gaga on friday, katy perry in march, eliza doolittle in april and now rihanna in november
    wow thats quite a few in a year, i can never find anyone to go with me , i ask them and they say yeah but i have no idea if they are serious or not, and of course i procrastinate to the max so have never got round to it. double unhappy face
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mug51)
    wow thats quite a few in a year, i can never find anyone to go with me , i ask them and they say yeah but i have no idea if they are serious or not, and of course i procrastinate to the max so have never got round to it. double unhappy face
    mmm, already been to see gaga earlier in the year and eliza doolittle x 2! and i went to see disney on ice... lol. my boyf *has* to go with me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saliency)
    If my stores closed on Christmas day and boxing day would I still have to go in?
    I'm on tills by the way.

Does anyone know

ReputationRep:
    ^ Trading times are different than normal during xmas, so it is likely that you will have to work different hours on the same days. In my store there was a really big board showing what these different hours were for every employee and we had to sign next to our names to acknowledge that we'd read it. On xmas and boxing day our store closed, and we were required to take the days off as paid holiday.

You need to check the notice boards at work (there will be an xmas specific one) or ask your department manager or a team leader for clarification on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmg83)
    On xmas and boxing day our store closed, and we were required to take the days off as paid holiday.
    That seems very harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smidster)
    That seems very harsh
    It was the same at my store. They didn't give us the option to work the hours elsewhere in the week...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    is anyone elses store open NEW YEARS DAY? :| the only day we're shut is christmas day!

is anyone elses store open NEW YEARS DAY? :| the only day we're shut is christmas day!
    I thought all stores were open everyday except Christmas Day and Easter Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is open then, as I had to fight to get the day off lol.

I think our store is closed on Boxing Day because there is another store less than 5 minutes away which will be open. We have notices up all over the place to stay the other store is open etc.

ReputationRep:
    mmm, already been to see gaga earlier in the year and eliza doolittle x 2! and i went to see disney on ice... lol. my boyf *has* to go with me :P
    well i hope your paying, nah i suppose those two aren't bad, justin b however

seasonal opening times are up, however there are no dates for new year online yet. well the only days that differ from normal times for my store are
    Wed 22nd Dec 0600 - 2200
    Thu 23rd Dec 0600 - 2200
    Fri 24th Dec 0600 - 1800
    Sat 25th Dec Closed - Closed
    Sun 26th Dec Closed - Closed

ReputationRep:
    I was supposed to be in 24th and 25th, but there are no shifts those days on nights, so Ive just changed my days to 2 other days in the week. The manager just asked me which days do I want to do instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    well i hope your paying, nah i suppose those two aren't bad, justin b however

seasonal opening times are up, however there are no dates for new year online yet. well the only days that differ from normal times for my store are
    Wed 22nd Dec 0600 - 2200
    Thu 23rd Dec 0600 - 2200
    Fri 24th Dec 0600 - 1800
    Sat 25th Dec Closed - Closed
    Sun 26th Dec Closed - Closed
    We are opening until midnight on the 22nd and 23rd. I hope they haven't extended my shift though because I am going home on the night of the 23rd and finishing at 11pm was bad enough lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    We are opening until midnight on the 22nd and 23rd. I hope they haven't extended my shift though because I am going home on the night of the 23rd and finishing at 11pm was bad enough lol.
    Have a word with them asap as sadly I'd have thought if they're opening for an extra hour they'll want to extend everyone's hours to cover this.

ReputationRep:
    if you work a close on Christmas Eve, you can enjoy customers complaining that there aren't any veg or the last few packs are rotten.

a customer the other day thought it was digusting that we had no tv times left, my face was like :confused:. hope it werent mystery customer cos i didnt offer an alternative of the huge selection of others available.

ReputationRep:
    I hate mystery shoppers. I think I can just about figure out what type of person they are though. I read somewhere that they'll only have a few items so I always make sure I'm following the correct procedure when dealing with that type of customer.

Getting busy now, not looking forward to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.