Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Foulish)
    In all honesty, the correct procedure wasn't followed. If us two did do it dual control like we was supposed to, this whole situation wouldn't have happened.

It also turns out that the person that took the money dosen't work for Sainsbury's, but is a contract cleaner so they "can't be punished".

If I ever meet this cleaner they will be getting a few words from me with regards to their d***-headedness.
    I hope it works out for you. But it's not the first time Sainsbury's have punished someone, when it wasn't really their fault.

I hated the contracted cleaners also! :mad: So lazy!

ReputationRep:
    i finally had a disciplinary for my unauthorised absences which were sicknesses, the meeting was finished in about 5 mins because i proved them wrong on all accusations, will this disciplinary stay on my record because it was their mistake for not checking properly that i phoned in and did my rtw during all the times i were sick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I hope it works out for you. But it's not the first time Sainsbury's have punished someone, when it wasn't really their fault.

I hated the contracted cleaners also! :mad: So lazy!
    Personally I think I am partly to blame, but because we had a difficult customer which required a few hours of our time, the petrol station needed relieving for their breaks, the duty manager didn't want to do the 8pm flight - and it was nearer 10pm when it got done, corners had to be cut to get the 11.30 flight done on time.

I havwen't signed anything to say I will follow dual control and I have been given "Unofficial" training. Shall I bring this up do you think?

*first disciplinary*

ReputationRep:
    how much got stolen?

Personally I think I am partly to blame, but because we had a difficult customer which required a few hours of our time, the petrol station needed relieving for their breaks, the duty manager didn't want to do the 8pm flight - and it was nearer 10pm when it got done, corners had to be cut to get the 11.30 flight done on time.

I havwen't signed anything to say I will follow dual control and I have been given "Unofficial" training. Shall I bring this up do you think?

*first disciplinary*
    Do NOT whatever you do, mention that (bolded) during the disciplinary. I know that you perhaps feel you could have done something etc, and that you were partially responsible - however, the second you mention that, you've taken responsibility and are giving Sainsbury's the opportunity to **** you up left, right and centre.

If you haven't been given the relevant training, you should of course bring that up. I know it may seem petty etc, but you need to bring things (like the training) up, because if you don't the managers (who should be responsible for ensuring your training) will get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Do NOT whatever you do, mention that (bolded) during the disciplinary. I know that you perhaps feel you could have done something etc, and that you were partially responsible - however, the second you mention that, you've taken responsibility and are giving Sainsbury's the opportunity to **** you up left, right and centre.

If you haven't been given the relevant training, you should of course bring that up. I know it may seem petty etc, but you need to bring things (like the training) up, because if you don't the managers (who should be responsible for ensuring your training) will get away with it.
    I'm not going to tell them i'm partially to blame, and I will stick up for myself - and not take the blame for something I didn't do.

If i'm getting a disciplinary for this, then so should the duty manager. I'm not taking the blame for him not counting the bags like he was supposed to.

(Original post by BSJ)
    how much got stolen?
    Near enough £300 in coins.

I'll let ya'll all know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to tell them i'm partially to blame, and I will stick up for myself - and not take the blame for something I didn't do.

If i'm getting a disciplinary for this, then so should the duty manager. I'm not taking the blame for him not counting the bags like he was supposed to.

Near enough £300 in coins.

I'll let ya'll all know how it goes.
    please do

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if our pay will rise in proportion to the National Minimum Wage which goes up in October?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    Does anyone know if our pay will rise in proportion to the National Minimum Wage which goes up in October?
    I didn't know minimum wage goes up.

If their gonna increase our wages, they'll probably do it at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    ...and one person will find out and post it in here...then we'll tell all our colleagues...etc as per the way it usually works now! LOL

Silly Sainsbury's. :p:

ReputationRep:
    We never seen to to nothing, did anyones stores get told about the drinks offers in the papers? The ones in the Metro and the Sun, Oasis and Relentless, we never know, and that means we just don't have any left!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean, that oasis one was very popular. As we are a central convenience store in Glasgow we get so many people popping in for just a drink or snack and so everyone travelling into the city centre for work, uni or whatever had those vouichers from the metro. I always start at 5 or 6pm and we had to keep telling customers we run out all night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    We get a 2.5% increase in October/Sept can't remember which now.

ReputationRep:
    Well I left Sainsburys today. 2 managers in my department tried to convince me for 30 mins to stay on longer for a few months but I decided it was time to move on. It was only a brief spell there but I wanted to concentrate on my A2s from September. I was on a 12 hour contract with some bad hours so felt I wouldn't be handle it once college started again. I will look for a Saturday job though now I have some retail experience.

(Original post by Rowan126)
    Well I left Sainsburys today. 2 managers in my department tried to convince me for 30 mins to stay on longer for a few months but I decided it was time to move on. It was only a brief spell there but I wanted to concentrate on my A2s from September. I was on a 12 hour contract with some bad hours so felt I wouldn't be handle it once college started again. I will look for a Saturday job though now I have some retail experience.
    Well, I hope you don't live to regret that decision. Leaving one job without getting another is always risky. But good luck anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well, I hope you don't live to regret that decision. Leaving one job without getting another is always risky. But good luck anyways.
    good risk, leaving sainsburys is the best decision you can make in your life

(Original post by BSJ)
    good risk, leaving sainsburys is the best decision you can make in your life
    Some people don't like being penniless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    please do
    I got a written warning. I am pissed off atm. I want to punish my manager by stick chopsticks in her eyes that have been soaked in chilli juice for 24 hours, then get a spoon and gouge them out.

I got a written warning. I am pissed off atm. I want to punish my manager by stick chopsticks in her eyes that have been soaked in chilli juice for 24 hours, then get a spoon and gouge them out.
    Do you know if anyone else got a warning too?

:rofl: at the last bit!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if anyone else got a warning too?

:rofl: at the last bit!
    My shift happened to be next. Next persons disiplinary will be on Thursday. Dunno about the duty's disciplinary - if he gets disiplined about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.