Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you don't want to work Boxing Day you should be able to arrange to make the hours up another day.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone elses shop surprisingly quiet? We've not been that busy at all this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Is anyone elses shop surprisingly quiet? We've not been that busy at all this week.
    We were fairly quiet till yesterday, but today was absolutely horrendous!! Not looking forward to my last shift tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.... It's really strange :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    We were fairly quiet till yesterday, but today was absolutely horrendous!! Not looking forward to my last shift tomorrow
    I'm looking forward to mine already, whenever it will be

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to mine already, whenever it will be
    Haha! Suprisingly I don't want to leave, although it will be nice to actually have spare time again

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Suprisingly I don't want to leave, although it will be nice to actually have spare time again
    Have you got another job lined up or are you just going to take it easy for a bit?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got another job lined up or are you just going to take it easy for a bit?
    Nope, just started applying again though

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just started applying again though
    It would be quite ironic if your next place was somewhere that also used the Nectar card, just so you can ask that question to many more customers.

ReputationRep:
    Soo I was on clothing today, given random jobs..
    However, I was responsible for "dressing down" towards closing time & I was going to be the only person on clothing from about 6 onwards.
    I went for my break, then got called to checkouts and made to stay on them, told so by the manager. I got off with 20mins to spare and cleaned up best I could.
    Hope they don't moan at me tomorrow!!

What breaks do I get with 9 hours?? Can I take them when I want with clothing?xx

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else from the Glasgow area have Justin king come in yesterday, our store knew that people were going to visit but then he turned up out of no where. It was all a bit crazy for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    did anyone else from the Glasgow area have Justin king come in yesterday, our store knew that people were going to visit but then he turned up out of no where. It was all a bit crazy for a few hours.
    Not JUSTIN?! :eek3: :woo: Too much information Too much information Too much informati...**bang**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man-in-the-Moon)
    As a customer assistant at Tesco, earning over £2 more an hour than my friend who works checkouts at Sainsbury's, I would say that Tesco is a better employer.

oi, TESCO, GET OUT!
    Sainsbury's breaking down team. 2nd biggest sainsburys in UK. yeah!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    think im going to ask for a transfer to a dif department

i have actually never felt so crap in my life. had awful tension headache and then when i got home i cried my eyes out. CANT do this job any more.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it seems I didn't book new years day off! Ooops. Store is open from 10am. I work in online, are sainsburys even delivering shopping that day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    We were told during our huddle that him and some other important person was in the area so could pop in at any moment. I dont see why people go crazy and make more of an effort , we should be working to the highest of standards anyway regardless of who is in the area :P lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else's store changed the breaks you get in a nine hour shift?

Last shift before xmas today. Woo :banana:

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Well, it seems I didn't book new years day off! Ooops. Store is open from 10am. I work in online, are sainsburys even delivering shopping that day?
    Nope. You'll need to make the day up another time, although if your manager is nice and you did lots of work for them over Christmas, they may let you take it off. That's what I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    It would be quite ironic if your next place was somewhere that also used the Nectar card, just so you can ask that question to many more customers.
    Dear God no!! I certainly hope not!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    How much break do I get for a 7 hour shift?
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.