Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    did anyone else from the Glasgow area have Justin king come in yesterday, our store knew that people were going to visit but then he turned up out of no where. It was all a bit crazy for a few hours.
    I work in East Kilbride and we didn't have an appearance from the man himself which is quite lucky as we were far too busy today.

ReputationRep:
    Mm got my first day shift tomorrow, 12-8pm. Is it gunna be really busy? I specifically took a night shift so I didn't have to deal with customers.. Aaaah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiFty Kid)
    Mm got my first day shift tomorrow, 12-8pm. Is it gunna be really busy? I specifically took a night shift so I didn't have to deal with customers.. Aaaah.
    Pretty much guaranteed that it will be busy That's the only good thing about leaving today, missed out on Christmas Eve

ReputationRep:
    Is No One Else's Sainsbury's 24 Hours a Day?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ShiFty Kid)
    if you wanna avoid customers you're going to have to do 12AM til 8 AM.... lol.

yay, last day of opening at 6. thank god. hate it :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    Pretty much guaranteed that it will be busy That's the only good thing about leaving today, missed out on Christmas Eve
    Damn lol. This is going to suck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck christmas eve-ers

ReputationRep:
    Christmas has been great, constantly busy so the time has flew by.

ReputationRep:
    Finished my Christmas Eve shift an hour ago, really wasn't that bad. Was working on Toys for 5 hours Then worked on Wine when the shop closed. Eassssyyy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    went to work earlier, literally nothing left lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently working on night shifts at Sainsburys, and one of the things that's getting to me is the way a lot of the shift team talk, especially the guys, though some of the women as well to be honest. They swear all the time, and a lot of their talk is racist, sexist, homophobic, you get the idea...I'm curious whether anyone else has had experience of this. Is it just my store that's like this, or does this happen everywhere?

Skyfrog
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Scrabble)
    Hi,

I'm currently working on night shifts at Sainsburys, and one of the things that's getting to me is the way a lot of the shift team talk, especially the guys, though some of the women as well to be honest. They swear all the time, and a lot of their talk is racist, sexist, homophobic, you get the idea...I'm curious whether anyone else has had experience of this. Is it just my store that's like this, or does this happen everywhere?

Skyfrog
    not really. we joke about stuff but none of it is offensive like you've mentioned

Yeah, if we start before the customers roll in, there's a whole load of swearing. Just keeps it interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrabble)
    Hi,

Skyfrog
    I dont understand what nightshift say - the shift team are mainly made up of people from bangladesh. I only ever see them for a couple of hours where night and day overlap at the end of the day.

(Original post by Naylor_92)
    Is No One Else's Sainsbury's 24 Hours a Day?
    Ours used to be ;D
    I would hate working in a 24 hour store. I have the feeling there would be no motivation to get things done (e.g. you cant go home until the end of day flight is done, but with a 24 hour store you can just "pass it over" to the people who are working over night,
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I dont understand what nightshift say - the shift team are mainly made up of people from bangladesh. I only ever see them for a couple of hours where night and day overlap at the end of the day.
    our shift team is all white. i actually asked about this- why aren't there more people of colour? have only seen one or two on days and none on nights since i've been there. i think there has only been one on shift, and he was half indian. lovely bloke, he left a couple of months ago. might be that we do not have many people of colour in my town or that they just don't want to work for sainsbury's lol...

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen 3/4 non-whites in my store tbh, though it is in one of the poshest areas of Britain where 99% is white or something. Does seem slightly odd though.

Nothing like a night-shift on boxing day night to take the gloss off Christmas. Should at least get more pay or something.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you do on the monday, which is the real bank holiday lol

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? What a load of crap I'm not working on Monday, unless the hours 12-8am count?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Honestly? What a load of crap I'm not working on Monday, unless the hours 12-8am count?
    as in, you start sunday night at 12...which is really monday morning? yeah, that'll count

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Thank you for the info, that will help tonight a little. How much extra are we talking here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.