Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    25% sale on TU next week.

I got a questionaire from Sainsbury's via email today and it rejected me. I feel unwanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    25% sale on TU next week.

I got a questionaire from Sainsbury's via email today and it rejected me. I feel unwanted
    Haha what questionaire was it?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know why, but my feet are absolutely killing me today. I only do 4 hours, god knows what it would be like if I was full time! Ive just ordered some black walking boots off eBay, because i'm wondering if trainers are the problem.

ReputationRep:
    im handing in my resignation letter today, and calling in sick for 4 weeks, ive had enough

ReputationRep:
    Had to do my first alcohol reful last night. Can't say I enjoyed it. >.< There were three guys buying beer, they looked anywhere between twenty and twenty five, I had such a hard time wondering whether to ID them or not but I thought I might as well, I had no idea how old they were and we do operate think 25...so I asked them all for ID but one of them didn't have any and I had to refuse. It just felt so silly because I was sure that they were all over 18 but I still couldn't sell it to them, and they looked very unimpressed and walked off, I asked if they just wanted the chewing gum they were buying with it and they were like nah, and just left. They weren't very rude, they kind of scoffed a bit, and I'm glad they didn't get angry or anything because there wasn't a supervisor in sight. I just feel really awkward and stupid about it. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Had to do my first alcohol reful last night. Can't say I enjoyed it. >.< There were three guys buying beer, they looked anywhere between twenty and twenty five, I had such a hard time wondering whether to ID them or not but I thought I might as well, I had no idea how old they were and we do operate think 25...so I asked them all for ID but one of them didn't have any and I had to refuse. It just felt so silly because I was sure that they were all over 18 but I still couldn't sell it to them, and they looked very unimpressed and walked off, I asked if they just wanted the chewing gum they were buying with it and they were like nah, and just left. They weren't very rude, they kind of scoffed a bit, and I'm glad they didn't get angry or anything because there wasn't a supervisor in sight. I just feel really awkward and stupid about it. >.<
    I remember my first alcohol refusal. It was a funny one - which I posted in the old thread - a polish woman was refused alcohol so staarted rolling around the floor like a 3 year old brat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I remember my first alcohol refusal. It was a funny one - which I posted in the old thread - a polish woman was refused alcohol so staarted rolling around the floor like a 3 year old brat.
    My first refusal took it very well and sympathised with me (!) as he worked in Debenhams and understood the fustration that people receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    My first refusal took it very well and sympathised with me (!) as he worked in Debenhams and understood the fustration that people receive.
    One of the reasons I'm glad I dont work on the tills!

ReputationRep:
    Back to work at 6, after a week off, badtimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Sometimes I'm all ready for the refusal and the kick off because not all of them have ID, but sometimes some certain supervisers look at them and they're like... "It's fine sell it" I'm just stood there thinking... well now I feel stupid 'cos my judgement has been overturned lol

Grr.

ReputationRep:
    To all the general assistants out there, don't you just hate those fancy boxes everything seems to come in these days. I'm longing for the days where everything came in the simple standard box which you knew how to open, rip apart and get things out of.

Now everything seems to come in these fancy boxes with printed instructions on the side of how to open it you must lift flap #1 and #2 then pull #3 and tear at #4. :rolleyes: And if in a moment of panic, distress and impatientness you just attempt to tear the box apart you end up just fighting with a sturdy piece of cardboard that is resisting your force and disobeying your instructions.

Today I ended up fighting with a box of Philadelphia Light and ended up with low-fat cream cheese all over my left trouser leg. :o:

(Original post by kyle_y)
    To all the general assistants out there, don't you just hate those fancy boxes everything seems to come in these days. I'm longing for the days where everything came in the simple standard box which you knew how to open, rip apart and get things out of.

Now everything seems to come in these fancy boxes with printed instructions on the side of how to open it you must lift flap #1 and #2 then pull #3 and tear at #4. :rolleyes: And if in a moment of panic, distress and impatientness you just attempt to tear the box apart you end up just fighting with a sturdy piece of cardboard that is resisting your force and disobeying your instructions.

Today I ended up fighting with a box of Philadelphia Light and ended up with low-fat cream cheese all over my left trouser leg. :o:
    Haha! S/DRP :rofl:

(Original post by BSJ)
    im handing in my resignation letter today, and calling in sick for 4 weeks, ive had enough
    Got any plans for what you're going to do now..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Got any plans for what you're going to do now..?
    concentrate on my a levels, for some reason i find them more important then the £3000 i earn in a year.

(Original post by BSJ)
    concentrate on my a levels, for some reason i find them more important then the £3000 i earn in a year.
    Good Luck

(I swear I thought you were at Uni.. :confused:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Sometimes I'm all ready for the refusal and the kick off because not all of them have ID, but sometimes some certain supervisers look at them and they're like... "It's fine sell it" I'm just stood there thinking... well now I feel stupid 'cos my judgement has been overturned lol

Grr.
    Thankfully my store has a policy that the supervisors and managers will back up the cashier's decision - even if they believe it to be wrong. They might say something off the shop floor later but, whilst on the floor, they pretty much do what we say.

ReputationRep:
    A swear a lot of people here are leaving! I had my last day on Tuesday, it feels wierd not being at work on weekday evenings. I keep thinking it's the weekend.

(Original post by Maxxie)
    A swear a lot of people here are leaving! I had my last day on Tuesday, it feels wierd not being at work on weekday evenings. I keep thinking it's the weekend.
    I think it's that time though isn't it..

Loads of people are leaving to concentrate on their A Levels, others are leaving to embark upon their Degrees, others are leaving having completed/nearing their degrees and are pursuing their careers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)

those boxes are really handy for stock rotation though, when i can't be bothered i just rip the box up like usual and use the one on the shelf, but on GM i just get plain boring brown boxes and soooooooo much plastic bags wrapping each utensil in the box.
    best box award goes to the rice kripsy bars box, pull the tab the rip around the box and then it splits into 2 box trays. it's all :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Good Luck

(I swear I thought you were at Uni.. :confused:)

thanks, and nawww year 12 going 13, :woo:

I've just been living in this thread for a whole year whilst working at sainsburys.

I'm guessing your in Uni?:confused:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.