Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by davireland)
    They are obliged to let you go if you are unable to complete your shift due to illness, then on your next shift you'll receive a return to work interview.
    cool. if i go home then i'll get a disciplinary for being ill, since i was off sick a few months ago with flu. ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    No you can't book all your holiday if you are not completing the whole year. You need to speak to your department manager and ask how much you should use. If you use all your holiday you will be required to pay the holiday pay back to the company because you aren't entitled to it if you leave before the year is out.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hello all, i'm trying to work out how i'm gonna book my holidays this summer without going over the '3 week limit' for summertime. i can work it out, but only if i book one consecutive week off, and then the rest and shifts dotted around on other weeks. does anyone know how many full weeks you HAVE to book off? cos i know there's a certain amount. and do these have to be within a certain period, eg. the summer months, winter months etc, or is it just the full year in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    cool. if i go home then i'll get a disciplinary for being ill, since i was off sick a few months ago with flu. ¬_¬

If thats all the illness you've had then no, you wont get a disciplinary. Any more than that then you will.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me some tips on how to spot a mystery shopper, I work on checkouts. What do they mark you up/down for?

ReputationRep:
    When you submit a wage query, how long does it normally take for them to process it/pay the missing money?

I submitted one in early December, as there was money missing from my Dec 3rd pay check. I still haven't heard anything about it, or received the missing money.

Should I submit another wage query form [obviously, I would state that it is a duplicate request due to my not hearing for a month now on the last one]?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare7)
    Can someone give me some tips on how to spot a mystery shopper, I work on checkouts. What do they mark you up/down for?
    I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    I'll PM you
    Ooo I'd love to know too.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    When you submit a wage query, how long does it normally take for them to process it/pay the missing money?

I submitted one in early December, as there was money missing from my Dec 3rd pay check. I still haven't heard anything about it, or received the missing money.

Should I submit another wage query form [obviously, I would state that it is a duplicate request due to my not hearing for a month now on the last one]?
    id wait til the next pay day... and if it isnt on there go to hr and demand to know where it is. are you part of the union? cos you could get a rep to speak on your behalf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    id wait til the next pay day... and if it isnt on there go to hr and demand to know where it is. are you part of the union? cos you could get a rep to speak on your behalf
    I'm not. On my induction day, the rep came in but was only allowed to talk for a minute before he had to go. The trainer went on to go on and on about how he makes problems out of nothing and that we didn't need to worry about a union because Sainsbury's HR are soo good etc. Given that I thought I was on a temporary contract, I didn't bother. Typical that I then go on to have a problem lol!

It is just annoying to be 12 hours down, which I should have been paid well before Christmas and here we are in January and I am still waiting. That said, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. They still haven't given me my uniform! :/

I might bring it up when I am in this week.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I'd love to know too.
    General rule of thumb, if your on a checkout and you say "Hello, how are you" and they are the "talkative" customers you get, and they ask something about Sainsbury's - How does Nectar work, when does this bank offer end, how do I get a Sainsbury's credit card etc. - there is a higher chance they are MCM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil2323)
    Hi
    I was just wondering about booking holiday when you know you are leaving. The holiday form is obviously from March and i know im leaving at the end of may as i amm moving away then. Does that mean i can book all my holiday allowance (as long as i dont book more than 3 weeks in a row) and then hand my notice in at the end of April?
    If you take more holiday than you would be entitled to for that year, they'll just deduct the extra time from your final payslip. If you don't take your holiday entitlement they usually give you your entitlement in your final payslip.

ReputationRep:
    Just take all your holiday before you leave, and when your holiday runs out just call in sick for a long time. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    Just take all your holiday before you leave, and when your holiday runs out just call in sick for a long time. Simples.
    I have a feeling that that wouldn't turn out particularly well. Im no legal expert but I think that would result in the company taking legal action in order to recover the overpaid holiday pay, probably through a small claims court (meaning you could get a CCJ).

You are entitled to 6 weeks holiday pay for every year you work. If you only work 6 months you are entitled to 3 weeks. So say if you work 8 months and you use 6 weeks, you will be liable to repay 2 weeks of pay.

Also, it may only be a part-time job, but any kind of work experience is valuable in the current graduate employment market and when you are filling in an application form for Deliotte or Goldman-Sachs or any other big, attractive firm, they may ask for an employment reference, if you do what you suggest above then your reference wont be particularly good.

ReputationRep:
    how long does till training taking? i start mine tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaterracottapie)
    how long does till training taking? i start mine tomorrow
    Not long.

Mine was a 'full day' of training - around 8 hours. It included watching DVDs on customer service, spotting fake notes etc and the completing of a workbook/test like you have on the induction. You'll get to 'play' on the tills with other trainees and when you feel ready, you will be allowed to serve actual customers, probably with an experienced staff member on hand to help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I have an Interview 2morrow with Sainsburys !

Can any1 give tips/ advice on the actual interview, what should I expect ?

Also , Should I wear a suit or will Shirt & tie be enough ? ?

Any feedback will be appreciated !

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    Before Christmas we were given our holiday forms up until March 2012. Obviously I don't know all the holidays i'm going to need up until then so I only booked about 3 weeks but now one of my friends is saying if we didn't book all of it we'd of lost that holiday. Also, I started during the summer and was given my holiday form around October and I didn't book all of my holiday because at the time I din't really know much about it and my manager didn't say anything about using it all up. I just assumed that i'd be able to book the rest of it later. Does it mean that i've lost that holiday as well?
    I'm really confused about it

ReputationRep:

I got mine on the next pay day so I would go and ask HR if they've had a chance to look at your wage query form yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRK.)
    Hi there, I have an Interview 2morrow with Sainsburys !

Can any1 give tips/ advice on the actual interview, what should I expect ?

Also , Should I wear a suit or will Shirt & tie be enough ? ?

Any feedback will be appreciated !

Thank You
    A shirt and tie should be fine. Not sure what the interview is like these days, mine was longer ago than I'd care to say. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.