Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever get phone calls from work? If so, what are they usually regarding?

Just noticed I have two missed calls from them today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Do you ever get phone calls from work? If so, what are they usually regarding?

Just noticed I have two missed calls from them today...
    Probably asking you to do overtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    Probably asking you to do overtime.
    Kind of glad I missed them then lol. I am busy with my dissertation atm.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i get phonecalls for overtime

normally voicemails

i ignore them...

ReputationRep:
    phone calls could mean you are down to be in :eek: catches many people out at my work when they magically have their name appear on the schedule

oh since i've mentioned the word schedule, does you pronounce as skedule or shedule?

back on topic, ive had phone calls becuase someone wanted to speak to me about work issues or as mentioned to cover for sickness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    phone calls could mean you are down to be in :eek: catches many people out at my work when they magically have their name appear on the schedule

oh since i've mentioned the word schedule, does you pronounce as skedule or shedule?

back on topic, ive had phone calls becuase someone wanted to speak to me about work issues or as mentioned to cover for sickness
    If they have put me down to be in, that wouldn't be very fair as I have booked my previous three shifts off so I can have something of a break from Sainsbury's lol. I am in tomorrow though - that marks the official end of my holidays. I've had three calls today - as I am rubbish when it comes to the phone, I never seem to have it on sound alert or be in the same room as it when people want me, I have missed them all. It is pretty annoying though. I am not contracted to be in today and nor have I set up overtime, so they shouldn't bother me three times on a day off. IMO.

Mmm I pronounce it more 'shed' than 'sked'.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    skedule

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping someone here might have an answer to a quick question of mine.

I was originally taken on as temporary staff and was due to finish this Saturday. However, on the second of Jan I was given a letter (dated Dec 21st 2010) which stated that they would take me on, on a permanent basis and that I had to sign the letter and hand it in to the HR office which I did on the staff after (3rd Jan).

Anyway what I am wondering is should I have been given a new contract or anything like that? I can't check the schedule until Saturday as I am not in til then.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by KatrinaLou)
    I am hoping someone here might have an answer to a quick question of mine.

I was originally taken on as temporary staff and was due to finish this Saturday. However, on the second of Jan I was given a letter (dated Dec 21st 2010) which stated that they would take me on, on a permanent basis and that I had to sign the letter and hand it in to the HR office which I did on the staff after (3rd Jan).

Anyway what I am wondering is should I have been given a new contract or anything like that? I can't check the schedule until Saturday as I am not in til then.
    theyll probably just amend the existing one if theyre anything like my hr lol.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, been invited for an interview for a Customer Service Assitant in the Pharmacy. What are the interviews like at Sainsbury's?

(Original post by Noble.)
    Woo, been invited for an interview for a Customer Service Assitant in the Pharmacy. What are the interviews like at Sainsbury's?
    Search this thread, it's been answered dozens of times already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    skedule

Ditto lol

ReputationRep:
    lol.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-3H7J5row

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks for that. Least annoying time I've heard that voice.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding my missing wages, I went to HR and apparently they've lost my wage query form. I have to submit another one. Hopefully this time I will actually get the money I've earned...

Meanwhile, it was pretty quiet today staff wise, as apparently the temps are finishing this week and next. So many of my friends are leaving.

We had a disaster in store today. At about 8am, when we'd been open for 30 minutes, there was a powercut. We reopened at 10am and had to completely clear the fridges and freezers. Whilst I was on the till [they only had two open because all the other staff were needed to deal with the mess], there were a lot of irritated customers. I think they should have put a sign up - in store - or something, at least then the customers would have understood why we were out of so many things...

ReputationRep:
    dont think our store has had a powercut for a while, there were like loads close to each other a year or two ago.
    must have been crazy with all staff putting things back on the shelves especially on fresh as you need to stock rotate, what is worse is when customers then ask you to find something in the back, where stuff are in no order and there are lots of it, not to mention it is cold in there. or you could tell them to come back in 30 mins when they would have hopefully got them all back on the shelf, then hide your face it it hasn't.

back to my previous question on the term 'schedule', ive said shedule once and it so sounded wierd and felt wrong, so skedule it is for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj20)
    If any major mistakes were made in you giving change they would identify your till under till loss prevention for it, normal procedure would be to do a spot check on one of your shifts if you've ever had one of those before?
    oh right, no i've never had that! how do they do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Regarding my missing wages, I went to HR and apparently they've lost my wage query form. I have to submit another one. Hopefully this time I will actually get the money I've earned...

Meanwhile, it was pretty quiet today staff wise, as apparently the temps are finishing this week and next. So many of my friends are leaving.

We had a disaster in store today. At about 8am, when we'd been open for 30 minutes, there was a powercut. We reopened at 10am and had to completely clear the fridges and freezers. Whilst I was on the till [they only had two open because all the other staff were needed to deal with the mess], there were a lot of irritated customers. I think they should have put a sign up - in store - or something, at least then the customers would have understood why we were out of so many things...
    Powercuts are fun. I hate being caught in the middle of the store with a powercut because you get lost. Last powercut we had, the generators didn't come on. As a result the fire alarm system had no power so as a precaution we where evacuated. >_> Oh - http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/articles....cles&ID=215112

ReputationRep:
    Argh, interview at 2pm. I'm strangely more nervous than I've ever been before :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo they are getting me down atm...

I was in work yesterday and, as mentioned, it was a bit crazy and then I discovered that they had lost my wage query form and thus I'll have to wait even longer for the pay I'm owed from November. Anyway, nothing was mentioned to me about changing my hours or anything like that.
    Yet, almost as soon as I got home, they started calling and leaving messages on my mobile again. Why couldn't they ask me when I was in work? I have classes and things to be doing university-wise, so I have to have my phone on silent and cannot answer whenever they decide to ring...
    The message said that they wanted me to work in a different store "one day next week". How normal is that? I really don't want to start messing with my shifts and hours etc - I can just about fit in the shifts I do around my other commitments. And, given it is my last proper term at university, that takes priority.
    I just want to turn up, work hard, go home and get paid what I am due at the end of the month. Is that so bad lol?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.