Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    PLU Group > Bag reuse (If there isnt a cateogory, it also appears in the favourites list)
    Thanks. I remembered the 8884 code yesterday, although I was pretty good for a change - 8 hours on a till and I only needed to use it once.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i used to go to work in rainbow colour shoes but im night shift so nobody sees me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i used to go to work in rainbow colour shoes but im night shift so nobody sees me
    Unless your store is 24 hour, I don't thinhk the uniform "code" is adhered to as strictly. Unofficially of course.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Unless your store is 24 hour, I don't thinhk the uniform "code" is adhered to as strictly. Unofficially of course.
    no i don't think so. i mean appraently you're not allowed nailpolish, non-black shoes, coloured hair, etc... i have/had all o fthose :P

ReputationRep:
    For booked holidays we do get holiday pay don't we? haha that probably sounds really stupid but really need to know

(Original post by stargirl92)
    For booked holidays we do get holiday pay don't we? haha that probably sounds really stupid but really need to know
    lol, yes you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    lol, yes you do.
    haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    When is payday?
    I can't remember when last payday was aha. Also, does anyone know if they are definitely getting rid of the under 18 rate because no one at my store has actually confirmed it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco)
    When is payday?
    I can't remember when last payday was aha. Also, does anyone know if they are definitely getting rid of the under 18 rate because no one at my store has actually confirmed it?
    According to my calendar, it should be this Friday.
    I've been waiting for it... My manager promised that I will get the money I am owed from November this time. Keeping my fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    According to my calendar, it should be this Friday.
    I've been waiting for it... My manager promised that I will get the money I am owed from November this time. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Fingers crossed for you too, hope you get it. The same things been happening to some people in my store too, but they've been a bit more vocal about it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it seems to happen stupidly often in my store!

i can't wait for payday, i have had literally no money all month and i need to save my wages for a new caaar.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, how do you apply to 'Sainsburys Locals' is it the same in applying online or is it you hand them a CV in person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Quick question, how do you apply to 'Sainsburys Locals' is it the same in applying online or is it you hand them a CV in person?
    It's online

ReputationRep:
    Yes payday tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    It's online
    Ah okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    Should i leave my job? I've been working on checkouts since late october last year, doing 12 hours a week. I'm in year 12 doing 5 AS Levels, and working this much is kind of taking a toll on my school work, i was never that good at organisation in the first place haha. The thing is, i love all the people at my store, with the exception of one supervisor who i only see a couple of hours a week, everyone is lovely, and i've made loads of friends. If i left i'd have to give 4 weeks notice, right? and i wouldn't want to work for four weeks having them hate me.. The hours are a bit awkard (two week nights and sunday 10-2) which kind of ruins my friday and saturday nights, but it doesn't bother me too much i guess. My pay is also still at £4.71 at the moment, should be up to £5.03 next month, and then to £6.21 in a couple more months, but no one has actually confirmed this... There are a couple of saturday jobs going in my area, 6 hours a week, so if i got offered one of these jobs, should i take it up? sorry for the life story haha. Thanks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vampireweekend93)
    Should i leave my job? I've been working on checkouts since late october last year, doing 12 hours a week. I'm in year 12 doing 5 AS Levels, and working this much is kind of taking a toll on my school work, i was never that good at organisation in the first place haha. The thing is, i love all the people at my store, with the exception of one supervisor who i only see a couple of hours a week, everyone is lovely, and i've made loads of friends. If i left i'd have to give 4 weeks notice, right? and i wouldn't want to work for four weeks having them hate me.. The hours are a bit awkard (two week nights and sunday 10-2) which kind of ruins my friday and saturday nights, but it doesn't bother me too much i guess. My pay is also still at £4.71 at the moment, should be up to £5.03 next month, and then to £6.21 in a couple more months, but no one has actually confirmed this... There are a couple of saturday jobs going in my area, 6 hours a week, so if i got offered one of these jobs, should i take it up? sorry for the life story haha. Thanks
    if you like working at sburys why dont you ask to cut your hours down a bit? just say your schoolwork is priority at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in basically the same position as you. I'm in year 12 and I do a few more hours than you and i'm really struggling to cope but I don't want to quit because I know how hard it is to get a job at, plus I couldn't do without the money.

You should ask your manager if you can reduce your hours, which is what I need to do but I keep putting it off because i'm scared of what the answer will be.But at the end of the day you need to think what is more important to you, your a-levels or your job at sainsburys?

Well technically you can't do less than 12 hours a week, that's the minimum contract. Your schoolwork is more important though.

ReputationRep:
    Before you hand in your resignation, take a look at how you use your time in an average week. When doing A Levels and then when doing a Degree (which I assume your planning to do), time management skills are key. Do you have a diary and manage your A level workload effectively? Do you use the times when you are your most productive effectively?

You may find that by thinking critically about how you spend your time you may be able to do well in your A levels, have the social life you want and pay for that social life with your Sains job.

I work 20 hrs/wk at Sains as a Team Leader, I am also studying for a degree in History and Politics (where I am at the 1st/2:1 borderline). I don't consider myself a genius by any stretch of the imagination but through effectively managing my deadlines and workloads, I manage to enjoy the lifestyle I want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.