Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just applied to a store position, got invited to an interview. Then a few days before got a call from HR confirming my address, then they told me I can't apply for the position because I don't live within 5 miles of the store

Oh well, they did say it doesn't affect me applying to any another positions, so I won't have to wait 6 months or anything like that to apply again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MXz)
    I just applied to a store position, got invited to an interview. Then a few days before got a call from HR confirming my address, then they told me I can't apply for the position because I don't live within 5 miles of the store

Oh well, they did say it doesn't affect me applying to any another positions, so I won't have to wait 6 months or anything like that to apply again
    I wonder why that is did they say? I live 14+ miles from the store I work in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatrinaLou)
    I wonder why that is did they say? I live 14+ miles from the store I work in
    Its probably a local store. Local stores have very limited parking (Literally 3/4 spaces, customers + staff).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wow thats weird, our manager travels nearly 30 miles to our store.

work was ****. i wouldnt mind it if you know they made the effort to try and make it a better place to work but they seem to be intent on making it the worst place to work. i am actually going to do everything in my power to get a new job int he next couple of weeks cos i am sick of it.

ReputationRep:
    Was in the cash office today, had fun imagining what I could have bought with all that money lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    wow thats weird, our manager travels nearly 30 miles to our store.

work was ****. i wouldnt mind it if you know they made the effort to try and make it a better place to work but they seem to be intent on making it the worst place to work. i am actually going to do everything in my power to get a new job int he next couple of weeks cos i am sick of it.
    I think it depends on each store and how easy it is to get there, etc
    plus if they're a manager then the same rules probably dont apply :cool:

And also, have to agree with you on the fact that sainsbury's for the most part dont seem to have any intention of trying to make it a good place to work lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh does anyone know when we get the bonus if our store is getting one?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    was wondering that myself, cos then i'd stay til it was bonus time ^_^ altho having said that i dont think well be getting one, we have performed very very badly this year

I'm guessing it's the payday after next. Just a guess though.

ReputationRep:
    Our store gets our bonus on May 20th. I was thinking of quitting after I get my bonus and my last booked holiday in July. Our store hasn't done well, so I don't think I will be getting much bonus.

I am not sure if I will quit Sainsburys. I worked 3 days a week at Sainsburys for over 3 years. If I quit, I need to give 4 weeks notice. I might end up with no job if the new job I found is a scam. I had door to door jobs scam and unpaid telesales job.

On the positive side of Sainsburys, its close to home, 1 bus taking around 30 mins.I get paid close to £7/hour including last year bonus. Also, holiday pay, 10% colleague discount and bonus.

Anyone has any success with jobs after quitting Sainsburys?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm in the same position guyuk. i hate my job, and it is making me pretty ill. if i get another job they won't be having 4 weeks notice off me i want to quit, but i don't want to be without a job so i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

ReputationRep:
    I already work as a Customer Service Supervisor, however I have applied for a position as a Store Trainer on Band 3. Obviously I know what the job entails, but can anyone tell me what I should expect in the interview? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i was wondering as im on probationary period am i still entitled to book a holiday for this summer?( if it isnt already too late). if not when will be the next booking opportunity?

secondly, ive noticed i have short time-3 hours on my payslip, no idea where that has come from except the only thing i can think of is ive been allowed to go home 5-10 mins early , for the last few weeks, would have this accumilated on the clocking system?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bananaterracottapie)
    hey guys, i was wondering as im on probationary period am i still entitled to book a holiday for this summer?( if it isnt already too late). if not when will be the next booking opportunity?

secondly, ive noticed i have short time-3 hours on my payslip, no idea where that has come from except the only thing i can think of is ive been allowed to go home 5-10 mins early , for the last few weeks, would have this accumilated on the clocking system?
    you should be able to, request a holiday form and see how many hours youre entitled to

have you just started? how many hours are you contracted to do? if you didnt work your contracted hours in your induction then itll be from that, nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    I've got a job interview soon and I have a holiday booked for about a week in July, which I actually booked when I was previously working in my last job. The thing is the guy at the Job Centre said to not mention it to employers until you are offered the job. I'm just wondering if that's okay to do or would I get a black mark against me for not saying I already have a holiday booked or would they even tell me to cancel it? Anyone know how that works at Sainsbury's? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    you should be able to, request a holiday form and see how many hours youre entitled to

have you just started? how many hours are you contracted to do? if you didnt work your contracted hours in your induction then itll be from that, nothing to worry about
    oh good good, i need a holiday lol
    hmm i dont think so as this is my second pay slip :/ it seems a bit weird :/

ReputationRep:
    also dont know if im late on this, but the quantity button is definitely going. not at all impressed, i get enough paper cuts on those fruit flake packets as it is...whose idea was this:P?

(Original post by The Narrator)
    I've got a job interview soon and I have a holiday booked for about a week in July, which I actually booked when I was previously working in my last job. The thing is the guy at the Job Centre said to not mention it to employers until you are offered the job. I'm just wondering if that's okay to do or would I get a black mark against me for not saying I already have a holiday booked or would they even tell me to cancel it? Anyone know how that works at Sainsbury's? Thanks!
    It works the same as any other employer - if you have booked holiday and you tell them about it at interview, then they have to let you have that time off. If you don't tell them until after you get the job they have no obligation to let you have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaterracottapie)
    also dont know if im late on this, but the quantity button is definitely going. not at all impressed, i get enough paper cuts on those fruit flake packets as it is...whose idea was this:P?
    The actual button will still be there though, and if you have a large quantity of something you can call a supervisor over to put their code in and it will work as normal. The idea is that it's quicker to just scan each item through, rather than having to count how many of a product they have, check that all of them are the same and that there isn't one tin which is a different flavour to the rest, and then type the quantity in. It'll also help your IPM go up, as at the moment doing a quantity only counts as one item, even if you put through 100 quantity.

ReputationRep:
    removing quantity also helps improve the shrink on departments, which would be a big plus for the company.
    but then again the cashier may just scan the same item rather than them individually which then makes no different to shrink when compared to using the quantity button.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.