Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by davireland)
    Can I ask why you left the company, couldnt you have just changed your hours, cos I guess when you were in HR you were earning competant band 3?
    I spoke to the PTM manager (my direct manager) about the possibilities of reducing my hours. She was fine with this, and was able to put me on a 16 hour contract. But it required me to work two weekday mornings, which clashed with my timetable.

I was offered a place back on checkouts, but I decided against it, because it's rather.. (:o:) boring. By this stage, Orange had got back to me already and it's weekends there.. so it's more fitting.

ReputationRep:
    Bad news. In less than a week, I've managed to lose BOTH name badges I had... YES, BOTH.

Which means I may either be adopting a new persona for 4 hours tonight, and/or in a spot of bother! I'm off for ahh 3 weeks ++ after tonight so to be honest, I've got no chance to do anything about it for my next shift either!! I'll have to leave a note saying please have one for when I come back lol.

Eeep!

I wonder if I'll get given a special name badge for the night.

I've been a Dave, Mike, Jamie, and NEARLY a Sarah in the past but thankfully that badge was already broken lol! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Bad news. In less than a week, I've managed to lose BOTH name badges I had... YES, BOTH.

Which means I may either be adopting a new persona for 4 hours tonight, and/or in a spot of bother! I'm off for ahh 3 weeks ++ after tonight so to be honest, I've got no chance to do anything about it for my next shift either!! I'll have to leave a note saying please have one for when I come back lol.

Eeep!

I wonder if I'll get given a special name badge for the night.

I've been a Dave, Mike, Jamie, and NEARLY a Sarah in the past but thankfully that badge was already broken lol! :woo:
    I've been visitor 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    I've been visitor 2
    The first ever name badge they printed me called me Matthrew!

ReputationRep:
    No posts since last night? Cant have that. I put on my holiday form that I wanted my manager to stick a weeks holiday on it anytime in october. And I now have the first week off :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The new Till update sucks!!!!!!!! LOL I loved the last menu........ This new one is pissing me off........anyways 8 hours shift was on till only for 3 hours lol

ReputationRep:
    Theres been a till update? I couldnt use the old one, well i could, then didnt go on a till for 6 months, then went on one and then couldnt, im defiantly not going to be able to do it now.

Shopping was finished by 9am today. On a Saturday. Getting ridiculous now. Better pick up again in September.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah nobody bothered to inform me about the new till update, good thing I spend so much time on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    i heard you guys need 20 IPM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    i heard you guys need 20 IPM
    Nah, in my region its 22 :p:

ReputationRep:
    We get the till update near the end of this month, so within the next week, I can't remember the date though. I've seen it in another store, it looks ok, but how good it will be to use I don't know. Would probably be better on a touch screen.

Nah, in my region its 22 :p:
    We're only 17, but we have the old scanners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    We're only 17, but we have the old scanners.
    Its irrelavent, the ROM is briefing store managers and CSM's that scan speed needs to be 22 in our region.

ReputationRep:
    Its irrelavent, the ROM is briefing store managers and CSM's that scan speed needs to be 22 in our region.
    Really?! It ain't gonna happen, it's hard enough to get 17 on our tills, compared to the new ones it seems impossible to go fast on the old ones! Maybe the ROM (Regional Manager??) will get us upgraded... dunno!

ReputationRep:
    Really?! It ain't gonna happen, it's hard enough to get 17 on our tills, compared to the new ones it seems impossible to go fast on the old ones! Maybe the ROM (Regional Manager??) will get us upgraded... dunno!
    You'll just have to really go for it :p:

ReputationRep:
    tbh 22 ipm will look rude as your just gonna pile up everything down the end

ReputationRep:
    My store is old (with the old-style scanner in front) and we have to do 17 IPM. I can achieve that easily but some customers have got offended easily - including when I told a customer that I scanned fast because I had to reach a performance target and another customer when she saw the large bundle of items at the end of the till.

ReputationRep:
    When I was working in a refit store a couple of weeks ago, they have new checkouts where the back belts come on automatically and cannot be turned off, apparantly so that the checkout operators can keep on target! Silly really if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's better customer service to go at the same speed of the customer rather than scan like mad trying to reach a target? I had this customer a couple of weeks ago to made me stop because I was going too fast and apparently she couldn't keep up...there were only four or five things on her side at the time, but I had to wait for her to pack them all before I could continue. :-/

ReputationRep:
    When I was working in a refit store a couple of weeks ago, they have new checkouts where the back belts come on automatically and cannot be turned off, apparantly so that the checkout operators can keep on target! Silly really if you ask me!
    They can, middle button on the bottom row :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.