Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the feedback.

I have cowboy boots, jeans & a check shirt. I don't have a hat though but I could put my hair into two plaits to 'tie in' with the outfit.

I might take it with me and then I can decide when I arrive.

I know what you mean about ending up being the only one sometimes. My Saturday shift is like that. Be it wearing santa hats or red-nose based things, there are always loads of people doing so at first but by the last hour or two of my shift I am the only one.

ReputationRep:
    In our PFS today we're offering to wash customers windscreens for a quid FML. Thankfully I don't start until 5 when we're not allowed to leave from behind the till...

My dept (online) has had a different dress up idea for every day this week. I haven't done any of them (only been in Tuesday and Wednesday, thank god) but each day more and more people are getting involved, but no one from any other department is doing it. I royally can't be arsed. I heard that we're supposed to be having a 'wear whatever you want' day tomorrow but as far as I'm concerned, Comic Relief is over and I'm not getting meat juices in my own clothes. The latest I stay til is midday anyway so it's not even as though many people are going to see, and if they do it's not going to encourage them to donate any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    My dept (online) has had a different dress up idea for every day this week. I haven't done any of them (only been in Tuesday and Wednesday, thank god) but each day more and more people are getting involved, but no one from any other department is doing it. I royally can't be arsed. I heard that we're supposed to be having a 'wear whatever you want' day tomorrow but as far as I'm concerned, Comic Relief is over and I'm not getting meat juices in my own clothes. The latest I stay til is midday anyway so it's not even as though many people are going to see, and if they do it's not going to encourage them to donate any more.
    I thought that. I know Saturdays are busier than weekdays but I imagine people who want to donate will have done so by then...

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's raised £10m apparently.

And according to the TV it was the largest cheque/amount they have ever received in their history.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    dunno what we did cos i wasnt around the customers really :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I went as a cowgirl complete with a rather dashing hat [which lots of customers said they liked].

Only about half of the checkout staff dressed up [in pjs, one as a nun, another as a US airman, others as schoolgirls etc] and no one in the other departments. But, I didn't mind. It was quite nice not to be in uniform.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, as I was about to finish my shift, this guy who also works on checkouts came to my till and since he didn't have a lot I let him come through (even though my till was technically closed). When it was his turn he gave me this coupon and told me to put it through 'manually'. I looked at it, and it was one of those ones where you get £3 off for spending £30, and his came up to like £5!
    I told him that it won't go through, and then he said yeah can you put it through 'manually' - like through the coupon bit, and started doing it himself! I don't know why, but at that time, I couldn't really say no, when he'd kinda shown me how to do it even, so I ended up doing it and now I can't sleep! Am I gonna get fired over this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer hues)
    Yesterday, as I was about to finish my shift, this guy who also works on checkouts came to my till and since he didn't have a lot I let him come through (even though my till was technically closed). When it was his turn he gave me this coupon and told me to put it through 'manually'. I looked at it, and it was one of those ones where you get £3 off for spending £30, and his came up to like £5!
    I told him that it won't go through, and then he said yeah can you put it through 'manually' - like through the coupon bit, and started doing it himself! I don't know why, but at that time, I couldn't really say no, when he'd kinda shown me how to do it even, so I ended up doing it and now I can't sleep! Am I gonna get fired over this?
    Ok so your probably not going to be fired over it, however, if anyone finds out about what happened or discovers that the coupon flighted from your till was not used against the right amount, normal procedure would be to conduct an investigation over how that came to be.

This would involve sourcing the time of the transaction (which they would already have by this point if they discovered anything wrong) and using that to look at cctv.

The cctv would then reveal his wrong doing, because if he's buying something for himself and has taken control of your till for his own ends as your claiming he has, he would most likely be sacked.

You would both be pulled up for investigation to get both versions of what the investigating manager saw on the cctv as well but it would be blatantly obvious what he's done.

So to answer your question you wont, he will. The most you'd get is a slap on the wrist but if he's in a trusted position e.g checkout supervisor/team leader then you'd get nothing for it.

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my store did this and they got fired quite recently.

When I first started people would lean over my till and do stuff for me, which I really didn't like because they could have been doing anything.

If I was you, I would just go up to your manager and say "a member of staff came to your till and put through a *coupon description*. I said no, but they bent over my till and did it anyway."

He is not worth losing your job over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj20)
    Ok so your probably not going to be fired over it, however, if anyone finds out about what happened or discovers that the coupon flighted from your till was not used against the right amount, normal procedure would be to conduct an investigation over how that came to be.

This would involve sourcing the time of the transaction (which they would already have by this point if they discovered anything wrong) and using that to look at cctv.

The cctv would then reveal his wrong doing, because if he's buying something for himself and has taken control of your till for his own ends as your claiming he has, he would most likely be sacked.

You would both be pulled up for investigation to get both versions of what the investigating manager saw on the cctv as well but it would be blatantly obvious what he's done.

So to answer your question you wont, he will. The most you'd get is a slap on the wrist but if he's in a trusted position e.g checkout supervisor/team leader then you'd get nothing for it.
    So how long would it take for all this to happen? He did start off by putting it through but then I obviously carried on the transaction.

(Original post by Foulish)
    Someone in my store did this and they got fired quite recently.

When I first started people would lean over my till and do stuff for me, which I really didn't like because they could have been doing anything.

If I was you, I would just go up to your manager and say "a member of staff came to your till and put through a *coupon description*. I said no, but they bent over my till and did it anyway."

Did both people get fired? or the person who was on the till? In a way I do want to say something, but then, I'll be grassing him up, and they might be like, well why did you put it through, and then I might be in trouble? And also he might find out I said something, I don't know what to do!

I'll be grassing him up, and they might be like, well why did you put it through, and then I might be in trouble? And also he might find out I said something, I don't know what to do!
    If they can see on CCTV that he barged in and did it himself, you won't get into trouble...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    If they can see on CCTV that he barged in and did it himself, you won't get into trouble...
    He did start off by doing it, but then I carried on, which is what worries me.

I think I will tell but I am so scared, and I will probably get in so much trouble! I just hope I don't get fired.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you didnt know so it wasnt your fault

ReputationRep:
    what is the likelihood of them finding out?

ReputationRep:
    So how long would it take for all this to happen? He did start off by putting it through but then I obviously carried on the transaction.

Did both people get fired? or the person who was on the till? In a way I do want to say something, but then, I'll be grassing him up, and they might be like, well why did you put it through, and then I might be in trouble? And also he might find out I said something, I don't know what to do!
    It was on self scan, so the person that did it was the one who got fired. The other people reported it.

If you tell them, you will most likely be "in the clear".

They probably won't look too much into it.

If he does it again, you must tell someone though. He is putting your job at risk.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    report it. i did something a while back and didnt report it and i got quite a severe telling off for not doing so.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when pay is going up for under 18s? I've waited so long for this pay rise haha
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    any idea on bonus dates this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    any idea on bonus dates this year?
    We've been told May 20th. Which is handy as its a fortnight before I begin my Summer off

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.