Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    well it was under the bank holiday thing on the holiday form so i bloody hope so! :P
    Oh really?! Gosh, I should have looked harder. Silly me! Thanks inksplodge.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    Oh really?! Gosh, I should have looked harder. Silly me! Thanks inksplodge.
    im not sure if it is, but i would assume so since you could book it off as a bank holiday :woo: maybe ill ask to switch my saturday for thursday >_< lol

ReputationRep:
    Does our employee discount go up this Easter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odriscoll)
    Does our employee discount go up this Easter?
    The store deputy manager said no, but i don't believe him becaus ehe is always lying to us to try and avoid checkouts.

ReputationRep:
    i work in the Bakery at Sainsburys on the weekend and usually on a Saturday, i'll spend a bit of time on a till, my till training was a bit of a joke, but all in all i'm fairly competent on the till, my ipm is 18, but just one question how do i find out how much money somebody has on their nectar card, a customer asked me today and i was completely lost, thanks for any responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boohooboo)
    i work in the Bakery at Sainsburys on the weekend and usually on a Saturday, i'll spend a bit of time on a till, my till training was a bit of a joke, but all in all i'm fairly competent on the till, my ipm is 18, but just one question how do i find out how much money somebody has on their nectar card, a customer asked me today and i was completely lost, thanks for any responses

I remember completely going blank with this one too. So don't worry!

After scanning everything and swiping the nectar card, when you go into the "payment menu" there is a selection further down the list of options called "instant reward". Once you press it it will come up with how many rewards they can spend. Each reward is £2.50 but it'll say the grand total they have saved on the screen.

Oh, and if they're more interested in points, it's on their receipt... I think.
    I know far too much about this for someone who doesn't work on tills. I keep being pulled on there when it's getting busy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boohooboo)
    The previous answer is all true. If they ask you at the start of the transaction, there is also an option on the menu to check the points on the nectar car - it prints out a receipt-esque thing that tells them the exact number of points.

Other than that, you've got the 'instant rewards' option on the payment screen and the points will be listed on the customer's receipt.

ReputationRep:
    Spent most of the day on the checkouts yesterday - which is always good.

They did put me on the kiosk for 30 minutes though. I've been on there before but late at night when we get just a couple of people asking for cigs. Yesterday, however, was completely manic, especially as they kept doing store announcements about the draw for the lottery last night. It felt like a baptism of fire lol. I had a couple of "what do I do?!" moments, but managed to work it out. Somehow lol. I guess I won't be phased next time I get put on there anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explain what the new till updates are (or link me to the page which does)? We haven't had them yet

ReputationRep:
    I had to do Nectar promotions at the front of the store today. It was hell.

Although good times may be round the corner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare7)
    Could someone explain what the new till updates are (or link me to the page which does)? We haven't had them yet
    From the top of my head it is roughly:

Log books to be removed
    Quantity option gone
    Grab locks gone
    Now when asking for ID it is done through the screen (both on tills and self-scan)
    ID options are OK, Acceptable ID, No ID, Unacceptable ID or something along these lines

They should be coming within the next few days (ours are tomorrow) and your supervisors should have made you aware of them too but haven't which is odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    your supervisors should have made you aware of them too but haven't which is odd.
    We got the updates last week but no supervisor has mentioned it. At all. We all had to suss it out for ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    i've recently joined sainsburys with a part time position, and I need to book time off for the summer for a previous holiday that is booked, and a wedding in which I am bridesmaid for. Also, in around a month I have my A level exams, and was planning to book two sundays off which are directly one day before an exam. I realise that most people will have booked off their time in January, and that there is going to be hardly anymore going, but do you reckon i'll be able to get the time off?! If not what should I do? ahhhhh.

(Original post by ms_mels)
    i've recently joined sainsburys with a part time position, and I need to book time off for the summer for a previous holiday that is booked, and a wedding in which I am bridesmaid for. Also, in around a month I have my A level exams, and was planning to book two sundays off which are directly one day before an exam. I realise that most people will have booked off their time in January, and that there is going to be hardly anymore going, but do you reckon i'll be able to get the time off?! If not what should I do? ahhhhh.
    Did you tell them about this at interview? If you did then they're required to let you have the time off. If not then you best ask about it asap. Only your manager can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Did you tell them about this at interview? If you did then they're required to let you have the time off. If not then you best ask about it asap. Only your manager can tell you.
    I mentioned I had an holiday in the summer, but didn't mention the wedding. If I cannot get time booked off for this, would I need to get my shift covered by another member of staff? My next shift is this saturday, hopefully i'll be able to have a word with the manager.

(Original post by ms_mels)
    I mentioned I had an holiday in the summer, but didn't mention the wedding. If I cannot get time booked off for this, would I need to get my shift covered by another member of staff? My next shift is this saturday, hopefully i'll be able to have a word with the manager.
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview. Was pretty good compared to others, in that I feel like I'm getting an Apprentice-style grilling from Lord 'Sugs normally. Team lead sat down and had a chat with me while I was waiting for the manager which put me at ease.

The interview started really well, then the manager wanted to know my daytime uni commitments and he all of a sudden kept asking "hmm are you sure your up to this? night shift is tough work!" - I have only normally got 5 hours of lectures a week and this position's for 20 hours a week. So I don't know whether it went well or not :confused:

Not like I'm a stranger to hard work - my last job I had to do a six hour shift on CHRISTMAS DAY last year!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by MXz)
    Had my interview. Was pretty good compared to others, in that I feel like I'm getting an Apprentice-style grilling from Lord 'Sugs normally. Team lead sat down and had a chat with me while I was waiting for the manager which put me at ease.

The interview started really well, then the manager wanted to know my daytime uni commitments and he all of a sudden kept asking "hmm are you sure your up to this? night shift is tough work!" - I have only normally got 5 hours of lectures a week and this position's for 20 hours a week. So I don't know whether it went well or not :confused:

Not like I'm a stranger to hard work - my last job I had to do a six hour shift on CHRISTMAS DAY last year!
    night shift IS hard work, esp if you've got day committments. i always book my shift off/move it if i have a lecture or whatever the next day, i couldn't physically cope with the lack of sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MXz)

I had the same experience.. but i had to lie about what days i go to uni (wed-fri instead of tue-fri) :lol:

I really need to transfer to a different store. On top of having terrible pay rates, I hate how sainsbury locals are open on easter sunday/boxing day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    We got the updates last week but no supervisor has mentioned it. At all. We all had to suss it out for ourselves.
    Really? We were all individually taken aside and briefed on it a while back. Very strange.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.