Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    Its Wednesday today.

funkyfish08 said the money was pending in their account today :mad:

If we're getting paid early it'll be in our accounts around midnight tonight... a day makes no difference to me though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    Hi, how do you go about getting a job at sainsburys? I always look on the website but they have vacancies for like drivers and stuff in places such as Derby etc .

Also are references important?
    Officially, all jobs are posted on the recruitment website, but some stores may advertise vacancies in store and invite you to submit a CV (My store advertises Online Drivers instore and tells them to hand in a CV to Customer Services).

You can try and hand a CV into the store and not take no for an answer.

When a company takes your CV, they need to look after it properly in accordance with the data protection act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    Thanks . Are you an employee of sainsburys?
    yeah 2 and a half years and counting!

(Original post by swarfliam)
    but pending does not mean you have access to it so it doesn't matter :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah with HSBC, the money shows up the day before it goes in so when payday is Friday like usual, I can see the money on Thursday online but can't spend it, HSBC are just telling me its going in the next day, which is useful when you're not sure how much money they're going to pay you this month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)

but pending does not mean you have access to it so it doesn't matter :dontknow:
    it does matter when for the past few pages of the thread i've been wondering how much i'll get? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well you've got less than a day to wait so you'll just have to be patient.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it does matter when for the past few pages of the thread i've been wondering how much i'll get? :rolleyes:
    when did you start and how many hours do you do? it's easy enough to work out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    when did you start and how many hours do you do? it's easy enough to work out

oh yeah i know that, just wondering how much i'll be taxed for this first month
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh yeah i know that, just wondering how much i'll be taxed for this first month
    dont even think about it, youll feel like crap haha i have to ignore the tax bit!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently when my manger went to check stuff on sat , 4 units of stuff that me and my co worker had put as overs the night before were needed on the shelf. So now in my file is a lovely little letter saying if I do anything else wrong in the next 6 months I'll be disciplined.

I know for a fact that I did not put anything as overs that need to go out especially since it was crisps and quite a few of them are on promotion. The nightshift put there overs in the same place as me so it could have been one of them ( there are a few people on nightshift who never do their job properly) or, depending on what time my manger checked the stock , customers could have bought it all?

How serious is this? Will I be monitored more now to make sure I'm doing my job properly ? Or will nothing else come of this? Im just worried because it wasnt my manger who gave me the talk it was one of my team leaders who finnished just as I was starting, and since I was in shock at the t.me I never had a chance to ask any questions.

ReputationRep:
    Two more calls from work last night. Whilst I was at a dinner party. Not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    How confusing, the staff at my Sainsburys are saying that if you don't book Easter Sunday off then you won't get paid for it...?

Thanks for the advice about the holidays, I'm going into HR Friday to hopefully sort it out (if someone is there!)

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what times sainsburys is open friday?

ReputationRep:
    also, where do you find out what you're ipm is. ive been working at sainsburys for a few months and i still dont know :P though i guess as i havent been told im not in any trouble for it haha.

(Original post by JemMills)
    How confusing, the staff at my Sainsburys are saying that if you don't book Easter Sunday off then you won't get paid for it...?

Thanks for the advice about the holidays, I'm going into HR Friday to hopefully sort it out (if someone is there!)
    You should get paid. It's law - large shops can't open on Easter Sunday or Christmas Day when it falls on a Sunday. It would be illegal to not pay you.

Unless Sainsburys has a weird way of handling it and require you to book it off but it won't be taken from your holiday entitlement. I'm not sure on that front, I've never been contracted Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaterracottapie)
    does anyone know what times sainsburys is open friday?
    They might all open at different hours. If you visit http://www.sainsburys.co.uk you can use the store locator and that should tell you when your store opens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You should get paid. It's law - large shops can't open on Easter Sunday or Christmas Day when it falls on a Sunday. It would be illegal to not pay you.

Unless Sainsburys has a weird way of handling it and require you to book it off but it won't be taken from your holiday entitlement. I'm not sure on that front, I've never been contracted Sundays.

And how would i go about booking it off?

ReputationRep:
    And how would i go about booking it off?
    You'd need to speak to your manager, although to be honest it'll probably be a bit late to do anything about it now, as the schedules for that week will have been done now.

ReputationRep:
    no matter how many times I stay up the night before payday, the money never shows until I wake up in the morning anyway. I never learn..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.