Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any idea what date pay day is this month?

I'm totally lost with is this month haha

(Original post by stargirl92)
    Anyone got any idea what date pay day is this month?

I'm totally lost with is this month haha
    20th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    20th
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Help.

What's the rule with working after store closes? I work 6-10pm Tuesdays and 12-8pm on Sundays but I usually end up clocking out at 10 past the hour, do we get paid for it or not? I suspect the answer is no, if so what can be done about it?

Second question which is sort of related to the first. I'm in a fairly small store within a shopping centre, we don't do any "store is closing in 15, 10, 5 minutes" stuff and I'm wondering is this common at JS? It irritates staff and an old manager banned it because it "annoys customers" plus the new management don't seem to be too fussed about putting out a call either.

Almost every other shop I go into they do a closing announcement, is it just my store that choose not to or is more widespread across the company?

It's the little things that annoy me about Sainsbury's.
    I've worked passed my time a few times but never been paid for it. Others have had the same problem. Normally I leave asap when I am due to finish, but sometimes you get caught up still serving customers etc.

My store only makes announcements on Sundays, because of the trading laws. The rest of the time, they don't. Plus, they don't lock the doors until we actually close - rather than say 5 minutes before. It's really annoying on my late shift as we so often have customers still shopping way after we close at 11pm.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    are we getting bonus this pay day, anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    just a quick question about till training, i have worked at sainsbury's now on the shop floor for nearly 6 months, and have been told recently i am to be till trained and that i have no choice, is this true, is my only choice to leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    are we getting bonus this pay day, anyone know?
    Yep should be in this months paycheck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brickster)
    just a quick question about till training, i have worked at sainsbury's now on the shop floor for nearly 6 months, and have been told recently i am to be till trained and that i have no choice, is this true, is my only choice to leave?
    It will be in your contract that you signed when you started that you may have to work on departments other than your own to support the needs of the business.

What's so wrong with working on Checkouts? It's not like you have to be on them all the time.

Working on the shop floor you probably will be. Last year we were all told we would be till trained but because of the hours we work (online shopping, so early mornings) it never happened... thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    We were told that they wanted the staff all "multi-trained" which of course i have no problem with, i am happy enough to be trained on Online shopping or trolley collection, but being forced to do checkout training when i was told in my induction day i didn't need it is a smack in the face.

We were told that they wanted the staff all "multi-trained" which of course i have no problem with, i am happy enough to be trained on Online shopping or trolley collection, but being forced to do checkout training when i was told in my induction day i didn't need it is a smack in the face.
    Unfortunately your contract will have 'flexi' written all over it which means they can train you for anything.

One girl at our place who didn't enjoy it made out that she was totally incompetent at using the checkouts and they said she didn't have to work on them. Failing that just do a really **** job meeting MCM requirements and stuff and they'll soon take you off.

Normally I don't advise people to do a half arsed job but if you aren't going to be happy when you're on the tills you aren't going to be giving good customer service which may eventually reduce the stores bonus at the end of the year through failing MCM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Unfortunately your contract will have 'flexi' written all over it which means they can train you for anything.

One girl at our place who didn't enjoy it made out that she was totally incompetent at using the checkouts and they said she didn't have to work on them. Failing that just do a really **** job meeting MCM requirements and stuff and they'll soon take you off.

Normally I don't advise people to do a half arsed job but if you aren't going to be happy when you're on the tills you aren't going to be giving good customer service which may eventually reduce the stores bonus at the end of the year through failing MCM.
    yep thats my advice, just go retardedly slow, each and every item spin it around a few times "looking for a barcode" and take your time doing fruit and veg

ReputationRep:
    Why all the checkout hate lol? The only thing I don't like is that you are 'trapped' on the checkout but other than that, I quite like it. Some customers are lovely and you can have nice chin-wags.

Having worked on produce, GM, grocery, in the cafe kitchen and the clothing sections, checkouts is probably my 'favourite'. Although, a bit of variety is always nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)

The one risk of this strategy is that you could be performance managed out of a job!

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for a 'Code Controller' position.

How long around till I get an answer? The vancany has been taken off now...

ReputationRep:
    Help needed.

Looking for a summer job and I'm finding it really hard. When I go instore or call all they say is:"it's all done online now" but I am pretty sure 2 friends of mine didn't. Really confused and lost.

ReputationRep:
    ^ you have to do it online. just go to the website and click on recruitment or careers.

question; what to wear to the interview? i'm going straight there from college :/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kittycake)
    ^ you have to do it online. just go to the website and click on recruitment or careers.

question; what to wear to the interview? i'm going straight there from college :/
    something smart but not overly smart. blouse and trousers and shoes?

ReputationRep:
    thanks.

i applied for a counter assistant job and been told its in deli. i just researched this and it really doesnt look like something i want to do. i thought counter assistant was like check outs or something, i know i should of researched before i applied but i didnt. do u think they would let me change departments if i say at the interview or how long do u have to work there until they let u switch departments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Help.

What's the rule with working after store closes? I work 6-10pm Tuesdays and 12-8pm on Sundays but I usually end up clocking out at 10 past the hour, do we get paid for it or not? I suspect the answer is no, if so what can be done about it?

Second question which is sort of related to the first. I'm in a fairly small store within a shopping centre, we don't do any "store is closing in 15, 10, 5 minutes" stuff and I'm wondering is this common at JS? It irritates staff and an old manager banned it because it "annoys customers" plus the new management don't seem to be too fussed about putting out a call either.

Almost every other shop I go into they do a closing announcement, is it just my store that choose not to or is more widespread across the company?

It's the little things that annoy me about Sainsbury's.
    we normally get them at 15, 10, 5 mins and then when the store actually closes telling customers to basically move their backside or we'll do it for them

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.