Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Doesn't it! I always seem to do it, I have to try hard not to swear, I just do it without realising sometimes.

The roll cages..... I always get shocked by them, so much so that I now touch them slowly so it doesn't hurt as much.
    Ahh, this is so annoying lol, Although i have found out a way of not getting shocked. Put both feet on the roll cage so you're not touching the floor and then touch it and jump back off it :lol: :yep:. bit hard to do if there is stuff on it and i suppose you'd look like a moron jumpin on and off cages during the day, ahh The joys of working nights lol.

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enid Coleslaw)
    I've only been working at sainsbury's long enough to have been paid just the once but I realised they didn't pay me for my training. Have they done it on purpose (does it generally get paid at a later date?) or do I need to speak to someone?
    Did you have training a week before the last week before payday? If so, then you won't be paid until next month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Do you pull them by the blue strap? Thats why ive noticed i get all charged with electric! Ive started to make sure i'm holding onto a part of the metal so it stops shocking me.
    It's funnier when you know t's charged up with static and you get a customer touching it when asking you a question.

ReputationRep:
    The main reason for the shocks is the plastic packing.....when u rub ur hands with the plastic for sometime and touch the metal You get a small shock....I still remember my Physics lessons lol Now I had seen them practically at sainsburys

ReputationRep:
    Get shocks off the online shopping trolleys too. But it only seems to be the noisy ones with the rickety wheels! Not sure what thats about. Does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I hate the shocks from the roll cages. I understand why some of the nightshift wear gloves now. Theres also one that has a flat wheel so it just drags along the floor but the person that loads them up with the deliveries can never put something light like toilet roll on it, oh no they have to put the heaviest things they can find on it so its a right pain dragging it out.
    I think the gloves are also to stop the workers from slitting their fingers open on all the bloody boxes we have to open on a 10 hour shift. I don't have gloves and my hands are absolutely mauled!

ReputationRep:
    We had our RGIS yesterday, so our backdressing everything was a load of fun, and cleaning up the store last night took ages -.-.

(Original post by flipshot)
    I hate the shocks from the roll cages. I understand why some of the nightshift wear gloves now. Theres also one that has a flat wheel so it just drags along the floor but the person that loads them up with the deliveries can never put something light like toilet roll on it, oh no they have to put the heaviest things they can find on it so its a right pain dragging it out.
    I wear gloves because handling, ripping at and opening hundreds of boxes and lots of packaging both really dries out your skin to the texture of paper, and results in several paper cuts per night. Not wearing gloves is just torture!
    I find that it's the older bronze coloured roll cages that give shocks: I've generally been ok with the newer looking silver ones, and can't remember having been shocked by them.

I've only been working at sainsbury's long enough to have been paid just the once but I realised they didn't pay me for my training. Have they done it on purpose (does it generally get paid at a later date?) or do I need to speak to someone?
    Do I remember something about getting paid for training when you leave? :s

ReputationRep:
    I would speak to them about it, I got it on my first pay day.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my induction at Sainsburys this thursday and friday 8-30 til 4-30, (meaning i miss my GCSE results day but i'm not too bothered about that i'd rather have the job..!)

Just wondering if there's anybody who works on Deli on here? As thats the job i'll be working but i'll be checkout trained too apparently.

TIA =)

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting for my local sainsburys to run up some general assistant roles! lol.

Heres hoping in a couple of weeks some vacancies will come up, seeing as people will be starting college and what not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Heres hoping in a couple of weeks some vacancies will come up, seeing as people will be starting college and what not.

Most sainsburys have already started/ended the recruitment process to fill in the leavers this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkp2009)
    Most sainsburys have already started/ended the recruitment process to fill in the leavers this year...
    Hmm.. My local has only had a Vancancy for a Pharmasist for the past month or so..

Guess the only thing i can do is keep checking the website every day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah do that Also if the store has a load of people leaving like mine did, they will hold a recruitment evening which will only be advertised in the store. The one i went to was from 4-7pm, i got there at 5.30 and was the last person allowed to sign up!!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea if I was paid for inductions. I really should have a look back at the payslip. By the time they have short timed you for no reason whatsoever & taken off tax they shouldn't have (the tax bit didn't happen to me thankfully) I expect they have confuddled you enough to not give a damn really! lol Clever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I have no idea if I was paid for inductions.
    I've got mine this week, should I ask if and when i get paid for them? Don't wanna sound too rude though

ReputationRep:
    I usually work 1:30 to 6:30 on Mondays but there was a sign in my store saying that it will be open 9-6 on bank holiday monday. What happens to my hours? Do I even HAVE to work on a bank holiday? (not that I particularly mind to be honest... especially if I get paid more)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)
    I usually work 1:30 to 6:30 on Mondays but there was a sign in my store saying that it will be open 9-6 on bank holiday monday. What happens to my hours? Do I even HAVE to work on a bank holiday? (not that I particularly mind to be honest... especially if I get paid more)
    What usually happens, at least in my store, is that your shift is automatically moved forward, so instead of half one til half six, you'll be working one til six. Best double check with someone though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    What usually happens, at least in my store, is that your shift is automatically moved forward, so instead of half one til half six, you'll be working one til six. Best double check with someone though.

Thats backward :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    were is whereismymind

(Original post by BSJ)
    were is whereismymind
    *waves*

WhereIsMyMind is here.. but is secretly lurking :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.