Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    why dont you swap it?
    Am yet to find someone eager to do that shift but there is no point. I'm just going to have to work hard before it and hope the stuff sticks in my head. I don't want to mess around with my shifts when I have so few left and am trying to focus on university stuff.

(Original post by morris743)
    Start up a short-term business to come up with the funds required?

A reference from Sainsbury's isn't exactly an amazing reference, whatever they say in it.

Ok. Just so you know it is an option, there if you want it
    Lol. I know. And, thank you.

Sainsbury's seem to have invaded my brain though lol. I was on twitter before and there was a trend for #askjustin. The first Justin that popped into my head was the Sainsbury's Justin. Oh my lol! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I was on twitter before and there was a trend for #askjustin. The first Justin that popped into my head was the Sainsbury's Justin. Oh my lol! :eek:
    Well, let's be honest, he is the only Justin who actually matters.

ReputationRep:
    Well, let's be honest, he is the only Justin who actually matters.
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Haha.
    True story.

ReputationRep:
    I love Justin's monthly briefings. I love the free food even more though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    I love Justin's monthly briefings. I love the free food even more though.
    Erm what?

ReputationRep:
    Erm what?
    We get free stuff with the monthly briefings, do yous not?

And I don't really like them, they just make me cringe. Good waste of 15 mins or so though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    We get free stuff with the monthly briefings, do yous not?

And I don't really like them, they just make me cringe. Good waste of 15 mins or so though.
    Nah haven't worked for JS since 2009

We rarely get our briefings, and when we do we rarely get free food. Last one I got free food in was for some new TTD cake, but that was months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Only free food I ever got I had to do myself. Baking a cake for the 150th birthday

ReputationRep:
    I got the briefing but no food. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    TBH, this months briefing we only got free eggs and sausages, i gave it straight to my mum haha.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a briefing since Comic Relief. And, we never get free food. My store sucks lol!

ReputationRep:
    I work on checkouts and have never been to a briefing. Are we supposed to just go? Or, are we supposed to ask someone about it? What actually happens? (apart from free food..)

(Original post by shooting.star)
    I work on checkouts and have never been to a briefing. Are we supposed to just go? Or, are we supposed to ask someone about it? What actually happens? (apart from free food..)
    Team leader takes you away for a bit, either to the training room or somewhere generally out of the way. You watch a DVD from Justin King who visits a different store every month. You then get a briefing from your team leader about things happening in the company/in store and then if there's free food and your store isn't stingy, you get a taste test before you go back to the shop floor.

Aaaaand that's about it really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Team leader takes you away for a bit, either to the training room or somewhere generally out of the way. You watch a DVD from Justin King who visits a different store every month. You then get a briefing from your team leader about things happening in the company/in store and then if there's free food and your store isn't stingy, you get a taste test before you go back to the shop floor.

Aaaaand that's about it really
    Okay - I've never had a proper briefing then. I've watched about two of the videos but that's it. Never have we been told about things going on in store anything. No wonder I am always slightly clueless about such things!

ReputationRep:
    Yous don't know what you're missing! :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by shooting.star)
    our store recently set up certain times/days for briefings so maybe ask about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MXz)
    Been offered the job

I have my induction next Wednesday, what does it involve? Is it watching a lot of Health & Safety videos?

And all I can say is I'm glad I got a result finally - I hate waiting for news after an interview, makes me really nervous, I always like to know whether it was a yes or no
    how long did it take them to get back to you?and did they ring or email you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone !

I attended for Sainsburys interview for General assistant post at Emerson's green , Bristol , night shift and weekly 20hrs , the interview went very well which happened on May 7th at 9.30 pm , but i haven't heard anything from them till now ?

I and my other friend together attended the interview for the same post and same shift , but none of us got any reply ?

What are the chances of getting job in my case ?

Shall i give them a call ?

Advance thanks for any suggestions !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.