Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what happens about the bonus if you've transferred, do you get whatever the store you're working in now gets even though you didn't work in that store for the majority of your employment?
    I have no idea about whether my current store passed, although I think both of my stores were on target.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    actually, i'm gonna ask ... last year i did 6 months 30 hours and 6 months 20 hours, so i would work it out as 2% of my overall earnings? i think we got 2% so :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Our store got 1.25% apparently. I haven't been there long so I doubt I will get anything.

But its a bit of a piss take considering John Lewis get 18% lol

ALSO can someone help me? Its payday tomorrow right? Well in my last job our pay would always should on the "Pending Transactions" section of my bank account the day before to say how much I would be paid but I've checked with Santander online and nothing is showing at the moment...

Anyone else with Santander who gets this? am I worrying too much and is it normal? or is it going into someone elses account and am I going to have to bloody go to court to get the money back :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomer1)
    how long did it take them to get back to you?and did they ring or email you?
    Sorry for not replying, not been on TSR for a little while, but it took them 2 weeks to get back to me - I phoned central HR after 10 days because I thought I had been rejected, they told me to keep waiting because I would probably get a result by the next friday... and suprise suprise they told me I got the job at the crack of dawn Friday morning!

Good luck with your application
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by MXz)
    Our store got 1.25% apparently. I haven't been there long so I doubt I will get anything.

But its a bit of a piss take considering John Lewis get 18% lol

ALSO can someone help me? Its payday tomorrow right? Well in my last job our pay would always should on the "Pending Transactions" section of my bank account the day before to say how much I would be paid but I've checked with Santander online and nothing is showing at the moment...

Anyone else with Santander who gets this? am I worrying too much and is it normal? or is it going into someone elses account and am I going to have to bloody go to court to get the money back :eek:
    i am with santander/alliance and leicester and it never shows anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i am with santander/alliance and leicester and it never shows anything
    Phew! thank you

ReputationRep:
    £40 more than i expected...nice
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i got £140 more than i normally get which is nice but thats with 5hrs overtime and bank holiday working... and bonus, possibly? lol

ReputationRep:
    I only got about £80 more than I normally do and i've done some overtime and bank holidays so I don't think I got a bonus. Our store had a sign up saying '1% sales, 1% MAC and 1% MCM well done everyone!' and I got told we reached all our targets, so I assumed we'd be getting a bonus...

I don't see why they can't just say you're getting a bonus, you're not getting a bonus, you get the bonus if you've worked here over x amount of time. Why do they have to leave everybody confused and wondering?

ReputationRep:
    I got an extra £0.

There were a lot of unhappy people in store last night. Our store didn't open until November and the vast majority of us were new recruits, taken on during October. As a result, the vast majority of us didn't receive the bonus despite them going on and on about how we have to achieve targets for the bonus all this time.

Essentially, everyone has worked hard to hit targets. And, only the managers who moved from other stores seem to have actually got it.

Never mind.
    I only have 5 shifts left and then I am out of there!

ReputationRep:
    i got about £100 but i did work a bank holiday on night shift &We got 2% bonus i think our store missed out on the 3%

ReputationRep:
    No store could have got the 3% this year, as the company missed the sales target for the year. So the maximum anyone could have got was 2%.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i think the bonus is a bloody shambles, like they need to find a way to improve a way of distributing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i think the bonus is a bloody shambles, like they need to find a way to improve a way of distributing it.
    I agree.

It is so demotivating. There were a lot of unhappy people last night when they saw they were missing out on the bonus, on their payslips. Rather than being a boost for the team, it ended up a bit of a shambles. :rolleyes:

Why can't it just be 2% [or whatever %] of what you have earned in the past 12 months? Thus, if you have only been there 5 months, you would only get x% of your earnings in those 5 months. Surely that would be fairer?

I must have got lucky at PC World. I was only there 2 months before the post-Christmas bonus, working part time, and I got well over £100 from it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I agree.

It is so demotivating. There were a lot of unhappy people last night when they saw they were missing out on the bonus, on their payslips. Rather than being a boost for the team, it ended up a bit of a shambles. :rolleyes:

Why can't it just be 2% [or whatever %] of what you have earned in the past 12 months? Thus, if you have only been there 5 months, you would only get x% of your earnings in those 5 months. Surely that would be fairer?

I must have got lucky at PC World. I was only there 2 months before the post-Christmas bonus, working part time, and I got well over £100 from it.
    i agree >_< tbh i didnt get that much extra anyway. it was "only" £140 but considering i'd worked all the bank holidays, done overtime, and then the bonus on top, it was hardly worth the effort. it's just over £10 a month extra really, isn't it? :-p

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a bonus and for the people that did in our store were quite disappointed

Still quite a good month though with bank holiday pay and what seems to be a small pay rise :O (I've heard its because I've been there over 6 months but not entirely sure haha)

ReputationRep:
    I got £0 too. I was thrilled to see this in my bank account today.

ReputationRep:
    £0 extra, wonderful. :rolleyes:

I got a bonus, but I don't know how much. I lost some hours over the last month but earned £30 £15 more than my basic pay. I don't know what it works out to but I guess I'll find out when I pick up my wage slip tomorrow.

I'm hoping this will make people realise that trying to meet MCM targets is a wasted effort when one persons mistake can ruin the whole store's bonus, and then they might find a fairer or more realistic way of handing out bonuses. Not that'll I'll be a Sainsburys employee when the next bonus date rolls round, but still.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    I got a bonus, but I don't know how much. I lost some hours over the last month but earned £30 £15 more than my basic pay. I don't know what it works out to but I guess I'll find out when I pick up my wage slip tomorrow.

I'm hoping this will make people realise that trying to meet MCM targets is a wasted effort when one persons mistake can ruin the whole store's bonus, and then they might find a fairer or more realistic way of handing out bonuses. Not that'll I'll be a Sainsburys employee when the next bonus date rolls round, but still.
    same i think it shuold be based on personal efforts but then i suppose theres danger there if a manager doesnt like you etc.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.