Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by BeesKnees)
    I usually work 1:30 to 6:30 on Mondays but there was a sign in my store saying that it will be open 9-6 on bank holiday monday. What happens to my hours? Do I even HAVE to work on a bank holiday? (not that I particularly mind to be honest... especially if I get paid more)
    afaik, for bank holidays, or days when the store is closed (and you're contracted to work) you'll have a 'Bank Holiday Entitlement' as part of your holiday pay.

In such cases, you'll need to have booked off the 30mins to ensure you get paid (and not short-timed, which I believe ultimately happens).

However, as it's only 30mins, chances are you'll be asked to come in earlier.

In any case, I would get this confirmed by your line manager. :yep: (if you can get the 30mins back, you'll get a full hour on bank holiday pay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    *waves*

WhereIsMyMind is here.. but is secretly lurking :ninja:

you went missing for a few minutes, so i thought you got lost :o:

(Original post by BSJ)
    you went missing for a few minutes, so i thought you got lost :o:
    I don't have a real reason to post in here any more..

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a real reason to post in here any more..
    your like in every thread im just about to post in :p:

either that or your on every thread on TSR :rolleyes:

(Original post by BSJ)
    your like in every thread im just about to post in :p:

either that or your on every thread on TSR :rolleyes:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:

:rofl:
    so, what you been up 2?:cookie:

(Original post by BSJ)
    so, what you been up 2?:cookie:
    :tea:

Not much if I'm honest. I had a lot of Sixth Form applications etc to be sorting out

I hate paper-work! and you?

ReputationRep:
    After applying how long does it normally take for them to contact you and how do they get into contact?

ReputationRep:
    it varies substantially between store and then even more substantially within a store.
    I applied and was intraining within one week but others on my training applied 2 months before.
    Theres no way of knowing.

ReputationRep:
    there is already a sainsburys thread, and you'd get better answers from there !

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=20888149

ReputationRep:
    my friend got called for an interview after about a week

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone get paid the bank holiday bonus of £2.53 an hour this weekend?Because someone said yesterday that because I'm a VAC student I won't, it's only pernament employees who have worked for over 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends of how urgently they need staff but I got an email and text inviting me to book an interview within 2 days of completing the online form and then about 1 day after my interview I was told I was being offered the job by the text and email.

ReputationRep:
    I got called for an interview about 8 hours after submitting my application and after the interview I was offered the job just under a day later.However, my store was and still is quite short-staffed.

(Original post by BSJ)
    there is already a sainsburys thread, and you'd get better answers from there !

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=20888149
    Amazes me how people constantly miss that thread when we do our upmost to keep it on top of the pile :p:

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

Not much if I'm honest. I had a lot of Sixth Form applications etc to be sorting out

I hate paper-work! and you?
    just waiting to for school to start, wasted holidays

ReputationRep:
    ughhh applied to sainsburys, got an interview and have now been rejected! Am so gutted! Really needed this job and i am losing hope! Just came on here to rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikka_09)
    ughhh applied to sainsburys, got an interview and have now been rejected! Am so gutted! Really needed this job and i am losing hope! Just came on here to rant
    Hmm...I don't know if this will help or not but all Sainsbury's recruitment is worked on the results of the test. You either fall into three categories - Pass (Insta Job), Borderline (They evaluate you on how you acted and how you compare to others) and Fail (Insta rejection). More than likely you gave a stellar interview but were let down by the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Amazes me how people constantly miss that thread when we do our upmost to keep it on top of the pile :p:
    Yeah, but i don't think people are that keen to search through over 40 pages of a thread tbh. I actually did take a look at a couple of pages but never saw an answer.

ReputationRep:
    Now i'm really confused about working bank holiday monday, my contract hours are 5.30-9, i was assuming we were open until 11, but i'm guessing we'll shut earlier thinking about... So do i turn up for half an hour then go after the store has closed?

Also, what happens if you forget to clock out? Because i think i might still be clocked in... :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.