Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It way more than that, really physical job, unloading lorries, sorting stock, loading up savage, dumping waste in compacter, moving pallets and roll pallets, taking bales of cardboard out. Lots of things. It's very hard work, trying to unload lorries, reload with savage and sort stock into roll pallets plus anything else which might get dumped on you. I did the role for 8 months full time and it was really hard work, allsort of shifts. It's a job with a number of things to do, when i was at the store where i worked, there were four of us full time to run the warehouse from 07:00 to 22:00 mon to sat and sun 07:00 to 16:00 and that was it. I end up working say monday morning on my own till 14:00 in the afternoon. I would have like two lorries come in and at least one will be savage, plus sort of stock, move any stock from the loading bay to warehouse. It's a really hard job.

ReputationRep:
    Can you use the staff discount cards on the self checkouts? and if you can how do you do it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl92)
    Can you use the staff discount cards on the self checkouts? and if you can how do you do it lol
    Yeah you can, once you finish scanning your shopping if you go to finish and pay then swipe the card through the top of the chip and pin machine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkyfish08)
    Yeah you can, once you finish scanning your shopping if you go to finish and pay then swipe the card through the top of the chip and pin machine
    Cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it really true that there is little-to-no time of at christmas because it is so busy?

excluding xmas day, boxing day and bank hols of course
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by MXz)
    Is it really true that there is little-to-no time of at christmas because it is so busy?

yes and people normally book xmas off first.

ReputationRep:
    Okie doke, friends at work pretty much said the same

"there's more chance of hell freezing over" was one quote lol

ReputationRep:
    I worked to 8pm on christmas eve, had christmas off then straight back in at 6am on boxing day. I also did a nightshift on new years day. Totally sucked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MXz)

Some stores wont grant any holiday over the Xmas period (apart from the Bank Holidays) because it is the most important trading week of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Not that anyone cares but, I got the job! And i wanted to express my happiness at job having.

:woo:

Jobjobjob! Cant believe the competition though :eek: Guess a lot of people also want jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahrre)
    Not that anyone cares but, I got the job! And i wanted to express my happiness at job having.

:woo:

Jobjobjob! Cant believe the competition though :eek: Guess a lot of people also want jobs.
    Congrats.

I'm really looking forward to leaving now. It is getting nearer and I am getting rather excited at the prospect of freedom lol.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Congrats.

I'm really looking forward to leaving now. It is getting nearer and I am getting rather excited at the prospect of freedom lol.
    im starting my new job tomorrow and im excited cant wait to leave either!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    im starting my new job tomorrow and im excited cant wait to leave either!!!
    Where are you going??????????

ReputationRep:
    Hope this thread doesn't become really quiet now everybody is deserting us

ReputationRep:
    I want to come back to Sainsbury's but there's no room at my store. Being unemployed is sucky.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by morris743)
    Where are you going??????????

a pr and marketing company

ReputationRep:
    a pr and marketing company
    Wow!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!! WELL DONE :woo:

Hopes you're not doing PR for Sainsbury's

ReputationRep:
    Plinth was murder this time around and there is still things going wrong.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by morris743)
    Wow!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!! WELL DONE :woo:

Hopes you're not doing PR for Sainsbury's
    no, thankfully :P

ReputationRep:
    no, thankfully :P
    Good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.