The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
When is your last day now? Mine is Saturday. It's exciting! :biggrin:

next fri :biggrin: im thinking of being ill though!
Original post by funkyfish08
Our store is like this on the kiosk and when you're rushed off your feet it is a lot harder. We nearly lost the lottery at one point because we failed 2 test purchases, which put so much pressure on the kiosk colleagues. It was really horrible and people get so funny about being ID'd for lottery/scratchcards no matter how many times we explain that the Think 25 policy applies to lottery. Then the management started doing extra test purchases with random people just to add a bit more pressure. :rolleyes:

The lottery can be quite stressful. It doesn't take long to PLU > Lottery > Type Amount but I found it so easy to get flustered when you have a big queue and complicated lottery requests.

I hope they don't start things like that at my store. I can imagine the pressure that adds is huge. I bet this colleague is kicking themselves - it must be awful to be fined and everything. :/

Original post by inksplodge
next fri :biggrin: im thinking of being ill though!

Ooo it's getting closer! :biggrin:

I actually am quite ill today. Feeling like rubbish. I probably will head into work tomorrow though and hand everything in and be done with it. I can't wait until I never have to sit on that 1 hour bus route again lol!
The lottery can be quite stressful. It doesn't take long to PLU > Lottery > Type Amount but I found it so easy to get flustered when you have a big queue and complicated lottery requests.

I hope they don't start things like that at my store. I can imagine the pressure that adds is huge. I bet this colleague is kicking themselves - it must be awful to be fined and everything. :/

Ooo it's getting closer! :biggrin:

I actually am quite ill today. Feeling like rubbish. I probably will head into work tomorrow though and hand everything in and be done with it. I can't wait until I never have to sit on that 1 hour bus route again lol!

im thinking of phoning in sick with 1 hr to go!
Original post by inksplodge
im thinking of phoning in sick with 1 hr to go!

Do it Do it! A lot of Sainsbury's thread peoples will be disappointed if you don't do so. So there.

:holmes:
¬_¬ @ work.
Oneee moreeeeeeeeeeee
I'm done! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Handed all my stuff in at HR and that was that. My manager was in all day but never mentioned it. I didn't really expect the 'exit' interviews as described in the colleague handbook, but I kinda thought he might at least acknowledge it was my last day. But, nevermind. It still doesn't feel real. I think it will hit me when my next shift would have been. :smile:
nice :biggrin: im gonna bake a cake for my leaving shift. at least i get tasty tasty cake
I would laugh in there face if they told me to pay an 80 pound fine lmao
Reply 8669
Original post by Mousebudden
I would laugh in there face if they told me to pay an 80 pound fine lmao

Would you continue to laugh in court?
Reply 8670
Is it possible to start work an hour earlier and then finish an hour earlier? I mean i know it will be, but is it a real inconvenience to organize it?

If it is possible to easily do it, do i just ask my line manager?
Original post by Swell
Is it possible to start work an hour earlier and then finish an hour earlier? I mean i know it will be, but is it a real inconvenience to organize it?

If it is possible to easily do it, do i just ask my line manager?

Depends if your manager likes you! Something seemingly easy can be made impossible in these firms...
I'm done! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Handed all my stuff in at HR and that was that. My manager was in all day but never mentioned it. I didn't really expect the 'exit' interviews as described in the colleague handbook, but I kinda thought he might at least acknowledge it was my last day. But, nevermind. It still doesn't feel real. I think it will hit me when my next shift would have been. :smile:

Well done for making it out the other side, affinity! :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 8673
Original post by morris743
Depends if your manager likes you! Something seemingly easy can be made impossible in these firms...

Ah well, i might just leave it then. I'm relatively new so I don't think it would be best to start requesting that. :colone:

Nevermind...
Original post by Swell
Ah well, i might just leave it then. I'm relatively new so I don't think it would be best to start requesting that. :colone:

Nevermind...

You may as well ask. The favourites of management will bunk off like nobody's business, so a small request like that should be considered.. :smile:

How are you finding it so far? And what is your manager like, from what you've seen? You could go via a team leader you liked if going direct to the manager wasn't something you really wanted to do...
Reply 8675
You may as well ask. The favourites of management will bunk off like nobody's business, so a small request like that should be considered.. :smile:

How are you finding it so far? And what is your manager like, from what you've seen? You could go via a team leader you liked if going direct to the manager wasn't something you really wanted to do...

Yeh, I'll just mention it to my line manager and see what he says. Cheers. :smile:

I'm finding it brilliant at the moment, everyones really nice and there is a great atmosphere around the place. My line managers are brilliant, and the store manager seems decent enough too, he's a work machine and expects you to do the same, but thats fair enough.
Original post by Swell
Yeh, I'll just mention it to my line manager and see what he says. Cheers. :smile:

I'm finding it brilliant at the moment, everyones really nice and there is a great atmosphere around the place. My line managers are brilliant, and the store manager seems decent enough too, he's a work machine and expects you to do the same, but thats fair enough.

Wow a Sainsbury's success story?! :biggrin: :smile: So glad you're enjoying it. Just keep your wits about you and continue working hard while having a good time :smile:
Wow a Sainsbury's success story?! :biggrin: :smile: So glad you're enjoying it. Just keep your wits about you and continue working hard while having a good time :smile:

Hi :smile:

Do you know how to apply for just a store assistant role? I looked online but online there are only store management roles available or jobs that require experience (not much help to me!. Thanks
Reply 8678
Original post by JAZZA007
Hi :smile:

Do you know how to apply for just a store assistant role? I looked online but online there are only store management roles available or jobs that require experience (not much help to me!. Thanks

Hello. You apply for all jobs online so if the one you are looking for isn't there it just means that they aren't looking for someone to fill that possition at the moment :smile:
Original post by NonaxD
Hello. You apply for all jobs online so if the one you are looking for isn't there it just means that they aren't looking for someone to fill that possition at the moment :smile:

This :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending