Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    is it? i'll probably still come in here to whinge about it :|
    Ha I haven't worked there for almost two years and still lurking so I guess so :P
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by morris743)
    Ha I haven't worked there for almost two years and still lurking so I guess so :P
    ahh thats ages :P

ReputationRep:
    ahh thats ages :P
    Well it was May - December 2009 I think

One thing Sainsburys did - introduce me to TSR :P

ReputationRep:
    I left in March and I still lurk here. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm handing in my notice next week! After two years (just! June 5th...) I have officially had enough of Sainsbury's. Along with being offered a far more enjoyable job, I'm sick to death of the store :L my store manager is really, really creepy, and customers seem to be getting worse. Ahaa.

ReputationRep:
    For those who handed in notice to quit, if I told them I was quitting on July 3rd, would July 30th be my last day (4 weeks). Someone on this thread wrote that 31st would be the last day, buts that's 4 weeks and 1 day? I always though it was 4 weeks notice, so shouldn't July 30th be my last day?

Thanks

(Original post by GuyUK)
    For those who handed in notice to quit, if I told them I was quitting on July 3rd, would July 30th be my last day (4 weeks). Someone on this thread wrote that 31st would be the last day, buts that's 4 weeks and 1 day? I always though it was 4 weeks notice, so shouldn't July 30th be my last day?

Thanks
    One day really doesn't make a difference tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    One day really doesn't make a difference tbh.
    One day could make a difference if you really hate working there.

I actually enjoy my work and my department, it just sucks on the Saturday night when I'm doing an 8 hour shift and for 6 of those I basically sit in the office counting elastic bands.

ReputationRep:
    There's going to be about three people left on this thread that actually work at Sainsbury's at this rate!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by GuyUK)

Thanks
    i gave mine the equivalent of 4 weeks of shifts ie. 8 shifts.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you REALLY want to leave, you can leave pretty much straight away. I've known two people in the last few months that have got new jobs that they wanted to start within the week, they went to our store manager and he said it was fine, and they could leave whenever they wanted so they did like a weeks notice rather than four weeks, so I'm sure this could be the case at other stores if you really want to leave straight away?

ReputationRep:
    We got MACed as I was leaving yesterday. Noticed as that several gaps had appeared in places that i had just filled half an hour ago so not looking foward to going in today. MAC always puts my manager in a mood even if we do good.

(Original post by Rianne19)
    Also, if you REALLY want to leave, you can leave pretty much straight away. I've known two people in the last few months that have got new jobs that they wanted to start within the week, they went to our store manager and he said it was fine, and they could leave whenever they wanted so they did like a weeks notice rather than four weeks, so I'm sure this could be the case at other stores if you really want to leave straight away?
    You only really need to serve the notice if you want to get a good reference at the end of it. If you already have another job and you don't need a reference you can just walk out. Technically Sainsburys could go after you for breaching your contract but that's expensive so they're unlikely to bother.

ReputationRep:
    hi, am a student home for the summer (3 months till i have to go back) was wondering if i could apply at my local sainsburys and work for the 3 months then quit, is this possible or do i have to work there for more than 3 months before i have to quit?

ReputationRep:
    -customer on the phone-
    "Hi there I'm looking for a DVD and I'm wondering if you have it in stock."
    "No problem I'll have a check for you. What's the name of it?"
    "I don't know."
    "..."
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Deere)
    hi, am a student home for the summer (3 months till i have to go back) was wondering if i could apply at my local sainsburys and work for the 3 months then quit, is this possible or do i have to work there for more than 3 months before i have to quit?
    You don't have to work for 3 months or longer before you can quit. In fact the first three months are a probationary period, so I don't think you even have to give the four weeks notice.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    You don't have to work for 3 months or longer before you can quit. In fact the first three months are a probationary period, so I don't think you even have to give the four weeks notice.
    you do- i think after 4 weeks there you have to give them 4 weeks... i say 'have to' but meh.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question; is it just my store or do you guys get some customers that you really wish would have a wash and use deoderant once in a while?! We have a couple of regulars that I kid you not, I hold my breath for in fear of gagging. Ew.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Rianne19)
    Quick question; is it just my store or do you guys get some customers that you really wish would have a wash and use deoderant once in a while?! We have a couple of regulars that I kid you not, I hold my breath for in fear of gagging. Ew.
    we get staff like that too......

ReputationRep:
    we get staff like that too......
    Wow. Just wow.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.