Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Running the PFS today, hungover from my 21st celebrations... Anything that could have went wrong, did. Had a staff search too; manager in charge of the shopfloor had a complete b*tch fit on me for carrying a tin of vaseline. A f*ckin tin of vaseline. I shall take great pleasure in handing my notice in come end of July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjcw20)
    Running the PFS today, hungover from my 21st celebrations... Anything that could have went wrong, did. Had a staff search too; manager in charge of the shopfloor had a complete b*tch fit on me for carrying a tin of vaseline. A f*ckin tin of vaseline. I shall take great pleasure in handing my notice in come end of July.
    Seriously?! That's just silly... I always carry Vaseline with me and it's never an issue. Happy belated birthday!

(Original post by Rianne19)
    Quick question; is it just my store or do you guys get some customers that you really wish would have a wash and use deoderant once in a while?! We have a couple of regulars that I kid you not, I hold my breath for in fear of gagging. Ew.
    Rather than make a new post to reply to you, I thought I would edit this one. In a previous job where I worked in a pawnbroker, there was a man called John who worked with horses and really stunk of horse sh**. It got to the point where if he walked into the store, all of the customers would walk out because he smelt that bad. In the end we banned from him the store.

ReputationRep:
    Just had all of my hours cut, 37 to 14 totally sucks plus on a plinth week when I usually to 2-10s both tomorrow and wed. Did get 13 hours extra added on to my holidays because of overtime.

ReputationRep:
    anybody done the POS walk after plinths change? is it basically just printing out the offer labels and tickets and putting them on the shelves? I have to do it this week and never done it before, not sure if that is all i am supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    we've had an hours cut in our store too, allocated hours for my dept is 26 less than contracted, we are allowed to take unpaid days off to meet those hours target. great isn't it how you normally need to beg to get time off, but they are now begging people to take time off.

POS walk is just a walk you do to make sure that every promotional ticket has a point of sale barker, if it doesn't you request one on the PA screen. On the plinths EVERY promo line needs POS and as an extra large barker (XLB - half the length of A4 size).

When I do a POS walk on my dept. I find it easier to use the request tickets function on the handset and request tickets for those that need the promotional barkers. Once i've finished the walk, I hop on a computer open both RSS (and have all my requested tickets visible on one page) and the PA screen and just copy and paste the SKU from RSS into the PA screen. However right mouse clicking on the PA screen does not work, you need to use (ctrl + v), I think it does peoples head in that all they hear is a lot of mouse clicking.
    I see people in our stores commercial team request tickets for items that need POS and print off the tickets on plain paper and then type the numbers in. That takes ages and no wonder they hate it.

One last thing if you come across any V10 SKUs (9 digit SKU that starts with 11 and is used on GM), requesting POS takes a lttle longer, you can't enter the SKU onto the PA screen, you need to find the advertising code which is found in an excel spreadsheet on connect. They have a SKU lookup set up in the spreadsheet so you type in the SKU in the box and the advertising code will appear IF there is one available. Then enter that ad code into PA (but make sure set PA to search for advertising ID rather than SKU).

And since we are on the topic of POS, I can't wait until they make POS requestable direct from the handset and printed off in traintrack order.

not sure if that helps you but im sure you will be shown how to do it if you've never done it before.

ReputationRep:
    Really hate red box walks its all I seem to do now for two weeks. Someone in my department mentioned that Plinth is now every two weeks, I didnt stay to listen because I really needed to leave but has anyone else heard this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    wahay i have an interview on the 20th

Hope i get it this time cos this will be my 4th DVD test and i always fail at it somehow. 4th times the charm maybe!
    How long did you wait before you applied for your 4th job, after u failed your 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomer1)
    How long did you wait before you applied for your 4th job, after u failed your 3rd?
    Its 6 months before you can apply again for the same job role, but ive applied for General Assistant at a different store this time, where as i applied for Online Shopper my 3rd time.

My last interview was back in October. Its been till now before anything appeared on the website that i can actually apply for!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    Really hate red box walks its all I seem to do now for two weeks. Someone in my department mentioned that Plinth is now every two weeks, I didnt stay to listen because I really needed to leave but has anyone else heard this?
    i think at xmas and summer they change them every 2 weeks but not sure

ReputationRep:
    how do you sell stamps on checkout, if at all?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here used the vouchers from the My Sainsbury's (Edenred) website?

I've signed up to the site but not done anything more than that. I was considering ordering some of the vouchers but wasn't sure if I should go for it. It's strange how only some branches of stores are listed on the website (one store listed as actually closed down).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    In the PLU, there is an option for stamps. When you select that menu, you will be given the options - usually 1st and 2nd class books of 6 and 12. You press the corresponding number and that adds it onto the bill. When you open your till, you should find the stamps in there to give to the customer.

On self-scan, I believe you just scan the barcode on the back after fetching a book of stamps for the customer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    you go on plu, then scroll down and there's an option for stamps there.
    then at the end when the till opens just remember to get the stamps out.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have stamps in our tills, I have to tell customers to go to the kiosk

ReputationRep:
    this has probably already been asked a million times, but i'm too lazy to go through all 438 pages
    does anyone know how easy it is to transfer and who you ask about it? thank you

(Original post by Kathryn-)
    this has probably already been asked a million times, but i'm too lazy to go through all 438 pages
    does anyone know how easy it is to transfer and who you ask about it? thank you
    What if I'm too lazy to repeat myself?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone here work as a counter assistant? I've worked at Sainsbury's for about 3 summers now but i've always been a checkout assistant or general assistant at a sainsbury's local. I just applied for a counter assistant job and have an interview on monday (doing this dvd test thing for the 4th time or something ffs)

Also, I tried to get my job back at my old store, which I love and the manager said he'd see what he can do as they're not that busy at the moment bla bla but as he's taking his sweet time I kept checking for other vacancies on the website. This job i've applied for is full time permanent but I'm going back to uni in september.= moral dilemma. Now I have to lie and say i'm not a student or something, i feel bad but if i've gotta tell a few porkies to get a job at the moment, so be it :s

ReputationRep:
    Hello Does anyone know the deal if you've worked for Sainsbury's before and want (read, need) to do so again? I know they say to call a special number, but why is this? Would you get first refusal on any jobs coming up or is it just easier for them in terms of administration to go around the application this way?

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Hello Does anyone know the deal if you've worked for Sainsbury's before and want (read, need) to do so again? I know they say to call a special number, but why is this? Would you get first refusal on any jobs coming up or is it just easier for them in terms of administration to go around the application this way?

Thanks all
    I think its because all your details may still be on the system, so it will be easier for you and them.

ReputationRep:
    Cmon payyyy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.