Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HSBC take so long to process my pay >.<
    Should be in at around 3 a.m. as usual!

ReputationRep:
    Monies :woo:

At last something to cheer me up. I'm due in the office for "words" after a supposedly miserable MCM. :rolleyes:

Why do I have to blow it all on the rent

ReputationRep:
    What a fantastic day to get paid...just after my last exam

ReputationRep:
    still no pay into my account hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    If you apply for a job (the job appeared yesterday and was gone by today) how long do they take to email you?
    are you supposed to get a confirmation email of application?
    The job was taken down very quickly, do they wait for a certain amount of applications then automatically take it down, if so, how many roughly do they get?

How long did it take for them to contact you back and do they still do this at the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Took me about a week to be contacted i had an interview. Maybe a bit less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spellstheend)
    If you apply for a job (the job appeared yesterday and was gone by today) how long do they take to email you?
    The job was taken down very quickly, do they wait for a certain amount of applications then automatically take it down, if so, how many roughly do they get?

How long did it take for them to contact you back and do they still do this at the weekend?
    It depends if the store has organised Interview dates when posting the job, if they have then you will hear quickly but if they haven't decided on Interview dates yet then you may have to wait a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I've applied to sainsbury's (about 4 times now) I've heard back the next day. They're quite good like that...tesco on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spellstheend)

Just bumping this for you as I do believe they wait for a specific number and then it automatically comes down, what number may have been posted here before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)
    Everytime I've applied to sainsbury's (about 4 times now) I've heard back the next day. They're quite good like that...tesco on the other hand...
    Do you know anyone associated with the store you're applying for? Myself and most (but not all) young people I knew in my store had relatives who got them an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Do you know anyone associated with the store you're applying for? Myself and most (but not all) young people I knew in my store had relatives who got them an interview.
    Nope, just searched on the website for jobs and applied.

This summer I applied to a store for a position that was full-time permanent and had an interview on monday, then my old manager at another store rang me today saying he could have me on a 12hr contract, which I prefer so i can do overtime as and when I choose to as I have a few festivals to go to so i need the option. I left him a message at the store last friday and didn't think he'd get back to me but he did so .

ReputationRep:
    Whom do I have to see about pay slips? Got my pay slips yesterday and somehow managed to lose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    Whom do I have to see about pay slips? Got my pay slips yesterday and somehow managed to lose it.

Not sure about copy pay slips, however you can get a print-out from HR, regarding that one payslip.

ReputationRep:
    How many people do they interview for a job?

Also I have been out all day and just read I have an interview but need to ring to book one, the problem is the phone line isnt open till monday (shuts at 5pm on saturday and not open on a sunday)? Will it be too late by monday/anyone had this problem too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    Not sure about copy pay slips, however you can get a print-out from HR, regarding that one payslip.
    Ahh cheers ! This is why I hate going out on a Friday night straight after work. Not only did I spend half my pay check but I also lost the bloody pay slip.

ReputationRep:
    Handed in my notice yesterday Giving the full four weeks, but I go away on Thursday so I have Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday (I'm on a 12h contract so only do two days a week) covered so I won't be working, then I already have the week from the 1st july booked as holiday, so my four weeks notice works out as like, two saturdays and then I'm gone. Result!

ReputationRep:
    I have an account and got an email for interview but cannot access my account? Are you supposed to be able to log in to an account as it won't let me (I reset the password 3 times but still no luck), or is there nothing to even log in to and theyll contact you everything by email?
    Is it a problem that I cannot log in or normal

ReputationRep:
    I got everything sent through my email and by phone. The only thing that updates on your account If I remember correctly is the status from interview to accepted or something like that. The website is rubbish tbh they really should do something about it. Maybe just try it again in a few hours.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    got my p45 and all that jazz yesterday! sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    got my p45 and all that jazz yesterday! sad times
    I've still not got that.

I've got to ring HR tomorrow as they left me a message on Friday asking for my address. Annoying really as I just wanted them to send it to my normal address and I'd pick it up from there. :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.