Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey people
    I finished year 12 and am interested in having a part time job in Sainsburys for the holidays and during yr 13. I think the application proccess is an online one, but it keeps on saying 'no vacancies', and Ive heard other people who work there just gave in a CV to the manager and got the job.
    So, I was wondering, how did u all aooly to Sainsbury's? And is the application proccess strictly online
    and also, do you know whether there are any particular times of the year when they look to recruit?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjgoth)
    In our store there's a poster up about this type of thing. Talk to your Personnel/HR manager and explain your situation and ask about becoming a 'VAC' employee. Sainsbury's usually needs seasonal workers, especially at Christmas, and taking back someone they know they can depend on is a win-win situation for both them and you. I'd advise you to talk to them as soon as possible so you're close to the top of the pile.
    Thanks mate, talked to HR and they said it should be good, they always need people at Christmas, they took my number and will sort out when i'll be working closer to the time.

Any idea what the VAC in VAC employee stands for by the way? Is it just short for vacation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Hey people
    I finished year 12 and am interested in having a part time job in Sainsburys for the holidays and during yr 13. I think the application proccess is an online one, but it keeps on saying 'no vacancies', and Ive heard other people who work there just gave in a CV to the manager and got the job.
    So, I was wondering, how did u all aooly to Sainsbury's? And is the application proccess strictly online
    and also, do you know whether there are any particular times of the year when they look to recruit?
    Thanks
    It's purely online, keep checking, especially September / October since thats when a lot of student employees will leave to go to university and also in the run up to Christmas since they always need new people. Sorry for the double post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taurus92)
    It's purely online, keep checking, especially September / October since thats when a lot of student employees will leave to go to university and also in the run up to Christmas since they always need new people. Sorry for the double post.
    Yeah thanks man. I thought that may be the case. What do u think the chance that they will keep someone employed for Christmas on ater it?(don't think it would be too high lol)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...ield-organised

Why break into a Supermarket?

Only posted this because it was Sainsbury's related. :P

(Original post by Foulish)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...ield-organised

Why break into a Supermarket?

Only posted this because it was Sainsbury's related. :P
    Why do any of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Yeah thanks man. I thought that may be the case. What do u think the chance that they will keep someone employed for Christmas on ater it?(don't think it would be too high lol)
    I was employed in october for christmas and they kept me on and alot of the others too. If you show that your capable of doing the job then you'll get kept on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Why do any of it?
    True.

Is it sad that I instantly thought someone is gonna have to contact FM Helpdesk "/

True.

Is it sad that I instantly thought someone is gonna have to contact FM Helpdesk "/
    "This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    "This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel. This is a security alert, would a member of management please go to the security panel."
    That mans voice scares me I always think it is a fire alarm when I hear him talking.

I don't think that the tokes will keep them out i'm afraid...

ReputationRep:
    trying to transfer sainsburys finding it impossible, any one successfully transferd?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mohsanrabbani)
    trying to transfer sainsburys finding it impossible, any one successfully transferd?
    someone on our shift was told he was successfully transferred... then 2 days before he was due to start (he moved across the country) they told him they didnt want him any more :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taurus92)
    Any idea what the VAC in VAC employee stands for by the way? Is it just short for vacation?
    I assume so? :/ Would be the most sensible explanation, but I'm sure you know how Sainsbury's likes to make abbreviations as random as possible...

ReputationRep:

"Salvage mistake results in lowest store takings on the zone"
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That mans voice scares me I always think it is a fire alarm when I hear him talking.

lmao

ReputationRep:
    till training tomorrow :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wren94)
    till training tomorrow :/
    If you've used an electronic till before, you'll be fine. If you've not, then you'll struggle a bit. But its easy enough to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Sainsbury's in Birmingham has got looted.
    Terrifying stuff! Needs to stop now.

ReputationRep:
    My store was told to shut today by police. The shop next door is apparently being looted. A 5 minute walk down the road form the shop brings me to a Jessops which is apparently on fire "/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WDooley1)
    If you've used an electronic till before, you'll be fine. If you've not, then you'll struggle a bit. But its easy enough to pick up.
    I used one briefly at work experience last year, but that's all my experience :L hopefully it'll be fine, got 8 hours to master it:eek: :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.