Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We're getting measured for our new uniforms on 1st-4th September, and we go live some time in October. That's pretty quick compared to the December date it was just a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to get rid of my shirt and tie and go for polo shirts instead.

(Original post by FXX)
    We're getting measured for our new uniforms on 1st-4th September, and we go live some time in October. That's pretty quick compared to the December date it was just a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to get rid of my shirt and tie and go for polo shirts instead.
    Eh? Didn't you have the old blue polos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    They email you & you have to give them a call to arrange an interview (i think thats what happened, was last november) then 4 days after the interview I had a call saying I had the job & the dates for inductions.
    Those hours you will be doing I would be very surprised if you ever run out of work! What branch is that in?
    Sounds good, thank you

The Branch is Emersons Green, in Bristol. Kinda big, and they refurbished it a few months ago so it has a slightly more modern feel to what it was

(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Eh? Didn't you have the old blue polos?
    We had the choice of shirt vs polos. Being my first job I wanted to look smart so I went for the shirts. One year on and I still regret it. I won't make the same mistake again :P

ReputationRep:
    We get our new uniforms in October too.
    Too bad I leave in 2 weeks haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valzkye)
    Ok I got rejected again by sainsburys for the 2nd time I don't know where I am going wrong. I always get through the interview stages but they always give the message that while i demonstrated the skills they need some candidates were much closer for the role.
    You failed on the test then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    You failed on the test then.
    Thanks for the reply is this the dvd test only or dvd test + online test marks. As far as I am concerned that section 3 is very easy, section 2 was a bit Ify, 1st section was fine and the 4th section I don't know if its going to be marked because its mostly about your personality. can you please explain me how each section are marked would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valzkye)
    Thanks for the reply is this the dvd test only or dvd test + online test marks. As far as I am concerned that section 3 is very easy, section 2 was a bit Ify, 1st section was fine and the 4th section I don't know if its going to be marked because its mostly about your personality. can you please explain me how each section are marked would be greatly appreciated.

DVD test only and they are marked in a very simple fashion (HR has the answer and assigns marks).

ReputationRep:
    I had my first ever £50 note from a customer today. :eek: I remember being told that when we receive a £50 note we have to call a supervisor to make sure we put it in the till or something. Well, not only did I not bother to ask someone to watch me it in the till, but I also forgot to check if it was real or fake. I hope it isn't fake, otherwise I might get a disciplinary.

Hopefully I will remember if there's a next time.

ReputationRep:
    Is the 15% staff discount online a permanent thing or just for a few weeks???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    Hey guys, I used to work at Sainsbury's as an Online Shopper (June 07-Sept 08) but left to go to uni. Now I could really do with a permanent weekend job, but there are no vacancies on their website for this. Do you think it's ok to ring Sainsbury's, get put through to the Online shopping department and ask them if I could have my old job back?
    This is pretty much what I've done on three separate occasions. Worth a shot, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have a quick question or two, if you don't mind?

So I filled in the online application last week and got a text the other day and was asked to phone up and make an interview (I phoned as soon as I realised I got the message, which was all in the same day). I then got an email confirming my date a short while later and time (supposed to be this Tuesday at 11:3am in Bury St Edmund's Sainsburys store) and then just today, I got an email saying the following:

"Dear Celeste,

Further to our recent correspondence informing you that your application was being considered for Customer Service Assistant position at the Bury St Edmund A0411, we would like to confirm the outcome. After careful consideration we have chosen another candidate to fill this position whose skills were a closer match for this particular role.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in joining Sainsburys and for the time you have taken with your application. Please continue to visit our website as our business is continuing to grow with new opportunities becoming available on a regular basis.

Regards, Sainsbury's Resourcing Team."

What the heck is this about? Why, if the position has been filled, would they ask me to phone up for an interview? Do I still go in for my interview or not on Tuesday? Does this happen often? I haven't even had my interview already so to dismiss this chance at trying for a job there feels very unfair from where I am, but maybe that's just me?

Well that sounds stupid... either phone the store or HRSS and find out what the hell is going on. Haven't heard anything like that before.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, sorry but what is the HRSS?

E: I'm not able to drive yet so my father is going to go into the store to check out out what's going on when he goes into town tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some answers as to what on earth has gone on here. Seems like a couple of wires have been crossed somewhere or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Is the 15% staff discount online a permanent thing or just for a few weeks???
    think it's only till the end of this month.
    Do you think we could use the £10 off £100 spend and the 15% discount too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    think it's only till the end of this month.
    Do you think we could use the £10 off £100 spend and the 15% discount too?
    Oh rubbish i cant afford anything off there until payday, and tbh, i don't really know what the £100 spend thing is?

ReputationRep:
    i heard the fuel vouchers are comming out apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    i heard the fuel vouchers are comming out apparently
    Yeh, they were available today.

I'm intrigued by this "print vouchers at till" thing that's coming to our store in a couple of weeks. Seems a bit of an expense to put colour printers on every single till :s

(Original post by MoonGazer)
    [snip]
    If the email was meant to be sent to you, and not an error on the system. It could simply be that someone has approached the store directly, or the position has been filled externally (outside of the applications) - the store has either found someone that didn't mind moving departments, or an ex-employee has approached the stores HR directly and they've took them back on.

If this should be the case, I agree, it's rather unfair - but then life's not fair and Sainsbury's will do what's in their best business interests.

It's too late now, but I would have confirmed with HRSS (HR Shared Services) as soon as you got this email.

(Original post by MoonGazer)
    Erm, sorry but what is the HRSS?

E: I'm not able to drive yet so my father is going to go into the store to check out out what's going on when he goes into town tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some answers as to what on earth has gone on here. Seems like a couple of wires have been crossed somewhere or something.
    Have you considered phoning the stores HR directly (normal store phone number)? Because although they don't normally deal with applications, once you've been scheduled for an interview (regardless of whether it appears to have been cancelled) the stores HR will now have your details and will be able to fill you in.

However, should you wish to visit the store, I highly recommend you go in personally. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.