Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyUK)
    Have you tried ringing them and ask them to rearrange a day where you could go to the disciplinary meeting. You can find your store number on the Sainsburys website. You could go on a weekend if that suits you?

You have to give 4 weeks notice if you quit. If you quit, and didn't work the notice period, then Sainsburys will not like that.

I would advise you to try and go to the disciplinary meeting on another day. As they still owe you money. If they don't owe you money and you don't need a reference, then that's fine, you don't need to go. You can just send them a letter.

If you don't go to the disciplinary meeting, then they might not pay you, they should, but you can't guarantee they will, even tho it isn't your fault you have to be at college the same day as the disciplinary meeting.

I been working for Sainsburys for 3.5 years, and I had loads of disciplinary meeting. I haven't even done anything wrong, the managers just feel like warning you for no reason.
    I quit within the first 4 weeks because i got offered a better job so dont have to work any notice, and i gave a letter to my manager saying that i am terminating my contract and he said thats fine he would pass it on the HR. I left half my uniform at work (jumpers were at home) so my Manager either didnt give my resignation letter to HR or they have been slow at processing my termination of employment and so think i am still working there. If they refuse to pay me what action can i take to make sure i get what i am owed from the company?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzak789)
    I quit within the first 4 weeks because i got offered a better job so dont have to work any notice, and i gave a letter to my manager saying that i am terminating my contract and he said thats fine he would pass it on the HR. I left half my uniform at work (jumpers were at home) so my Manager either didnt give my resignation letter to HR or they have been slow at processing my termination of employment and so think i am still working there. If they refuse to pay me what action can i take to make sure i get what i am owed from the company?
    Sainsburys should pay you. If they don't, I don't think there is much you could do. Hopefully, someone in this thread will have more knowledge regarding this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyUK)
    Sainsburys should pay you. If they don't, I don't think there is much you could do. Hopefully, someone in this thread will have more knowledge regarding this.
    Thanks anyway , i have done everything properly but im sure its illegal to not pay for hours done however i will have to double check this!

ReputationRep:
    What's Sainsburys policy on earrings? I recently got a weekend, part time 14 hours, Warehouse assistant position at my Uni town. (Induction on the 14th Woop woop!)

But i plan on getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks when i return to Uni but i've heard with piercings you need to keep them in for 4-6 weeks so they heal, otherwise if you take them out you risk infection/piercing closing.

But I've also heard that in some jobs theres a bit of double standards on earrings, like girls are allowed small studs, but on men it's not allowed. What's Sainsburys like on this issue?

I'd only be wearing small 6mm black studs, nothing flashy. Also, Warehouse Assistant... not really coming in contact with customers much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slapstick)
    What's Sainsburys policy on earrings? I recently got a weekend, part time 14 hours, Warehouse assistant position at my Uni town. (Induction on the 14th Woop woop!)

But i plan on getting my ears pierced in a couple of weeks when i return to Uni but i've heard with piercings you need to keep them in for 4-6 weeks so they heal, otherwise if you take them out you risk infection/piercing closing.

But I've also heard that in some jobs theres a bit of double standards on earrings, like girls are allowed small studs, but on men it's not allowed. What's Sainsburys like on this issue?

I'd only be wearing small 6mm black studs, nothing flashy. Also, Warehouse Assistant... not really coming in contact with customers much.
    Well I should think it would be fine I know your allowed a small stud without a diamond or anything. I'm sure there wouldn't be double standards for girls and boys.

Hey a few weeks ago I got my second piercing a few weeks ago WITH a diamond in and no one has said a word to me. I work on checkouts as well I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenfly125)
    All the ones I was hoping to apply for when the site actually worked, have all gone!!
    Absolute crap
    Why bother advertising if they all go within like 10 minutes, and **** up the whole site.
    I got rejected Probably because I rushed it because I was so pissed off that it didn't work all the bloody timmeeee!!!

ReputationRep:

I've got 7 piercings in my ears all together, been working there just under a year and noone has ever told me to take them out. I think it's something they say but don't really enforce. If it comes to it, say you cant take them out and say you'll put tape on them.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how strict they are on girls tying their hair back?

ReputationRep:

I've got numerous piercings and they havent said anything to me, mostly because I work in the offices. I did notice that a male got his eyebrow pierced and was told to cover it with a blue plaster because he was working on the deli counter handling food.

(Original post by StrayBullet)
    Does anyone know how strict they are on girls tying their hair back?
    I had really long hair when I started and then got it cut to above my shoulders and since then I've been wearing it down and its grew past my shoulders and no one has said anything. Also a lot of girls on checkouts wear their hair down, but if your are new I would wear your hair up for a few shifts and see what everyone else does with theirs too keep yourself right.

ReputationRep:
    So i got the number for the store where i quit and rang the woman about the letter i recieved concerning the disciplinary meeting, she said there is no record of me terminating my contract and so technically i still work there and she also said that if i don't turn up to the meeting then i might not be entitled to the hours worked wages which is annoying, what should i do now? my manager is either being a **** or has not passed on my letter of resignation which is annoying and i am also stressed over the fact that i am owed 32 hours pay and might not see a penny of it

Our store doesn't care about blokes wearing earrings. Can't say if it's the same everywhere though.

ReputationRep:
    Its a company policy that studs are fine [on shop floor]. Anything other should be removed.

Long hair - just today I asked a colleague to tie her hair up/back. Below the shoulder is against company policy.

Again though, some store managers aren't so strict.

ReputationRep:
    Payday tonight . This month felt way too looong

ReputationRep:
    Last shift on Saturday, this has been my first proper job. But I am wondering about my P45 will they send it too me after I've left or do I have to collect it.

Basically whats the crack with Sainsburys, Your P45 and it being your first job.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scholes)
    Last shift on Saturday, this has been my first proper job. But I am wondering about my P45 will they send it too me after I've left or do I have to collect it.

Basically whats the crack with Sainsburys, Your P45 and it being your first job.

Thanks in advance.
    I got a letter after I handed in my notice saying that my payslip and P45 would be sent to my home address within a few days after the last day I get paid.

ReputationRep:
    what times does the money go into the account? At midnight, during the day or the next working day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunners r us)
    what times does the money go into the account? At midnight, during the day or the next working day?
    Just checked, mine isn't in my account yet. I'd imagine it'll be there by mid-morning at the latest. Are you in a rush to spend it or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam6993)
    Just checked, mine isn't in my account yet. I'd imagine it'll be there by mid-morning at the latest. Are you in a rush to spend it or something?
    LOL I need to pay my phone bill as they have blocked me using it

ReputationRep:
    my money is always in my account by midnight. (I bank with barclays)

ReputationRep:
    still have not got anything. I am with Natwest.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.