Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyUK)
    Didn't he/she get a warning? A lot of people will get sacked in my store, if they sacked you for doing this.
    Not sure if he was on a warning or not. But everyone in my store knows never to do this now.

But I think you may get at least a warning or disciplinary, although your store may have different rules in place as to what happens.

I think it's best just to stick to what the supervisors have been telling you.

(Original post by GuyUK)
    Yes I know. I would do this, if I had a warning and was told I have to do this. Everyone at my store clock out after they get changed.
    Well okay then, walking away from the shop floor 10 minutes early every day is a bit much. They don't mind the odd couple of minutes but 10 is quite a lot. You wouldn't clock out that early, so you wouldn't be expected to stop working that early.

ReputationRep:
    In my store if you finish while the store is still open, you leave the shop floor at the time you finish and then go into the changing rooms. But If we finish when the store closes, everyone including managers and supervisors ( except checkout people) head into the changing rooms anywhere between quarter to and five to and then form a nice wee line at the clockout machine It’s always the managers that leave the shopfloor first as well and clock out first.

ReputationRep:
    I should clock out when I am suppose to finish and go to the changing room. It's just that getting change takes time, it's a long walk from the clocking machine and changing room. I want to get home as quickly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayla94)
    Cheers I've got mine on thursday, I've heard its quite boring but I'm just excited to be earning some money tbh! haha
    I've got mine Wednesday Suuuuuper excited. What position did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slapstick)
    I've got mine Wednesday Suuuuuper excited. What position did you apply for?
    I applied for working on the checkouts how about you? I'm getting quite excited now cos its my first job, but quite nervous too haha

ReputationRep:
    I applied for working on the checkouts how about you? I'm getting quite excited now cos its my first job, but quite nervous too haha
    Warehouse Assist. I worked over the summer in as an over the counter assistant so i'm pretty okay with customers. + Warehouse Assist i'll be in the background, so it's a lot more anticipation than nerves haha. But goodluck to you on checkouts!

ReputationRep:
    today 2nd day of induction. I was given my uniform yesterday but i didnt have to wear it, the person never mentioned that i have to wear the uniform today so shall i wear it?

ReputationRep:
    Which store have you started at? Just mention region if you dont want to mention the town/city. Its cause iv got a lot people with me in induction who are 16 and its their 1st job and also let me guess you are 16? > your username mentions 94.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Yes Sainsbury's provide the trousers which apparently are complusory and must be worn. However, if you've got long legs - legs which they cant accomodate for, they order them!!! I started in July 2005 and then left June 2006 and I still havent seen these special ordered trousers!!!..................... .....
    If sainsburys provide the trousers? I never got mine. i got my polos and jacket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasm)
    today 2nd day of induction. I was given my uniform yesterday but i didnt have to wear it, the person never mentioned that i have to wear the uniform today so shall i wear it?
    How did you find the induction days? I've got mine 2moro... heard it's a lot of watching videos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasm)
    Which store have you started at? Just mention region if you dont want to mention the town/city. Its cause iv got a lot people with me in induction who are 16 and its their 1st job and also let me guess you are 16? > your username mentions 94.
    Its at a store in Northamptonshire (east mids) and not far off, im 17. I think there will be quite a few people at my indcuction cos there was several jobs going for the store at the time I applied.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's SHOULD provide minimum one pair of trousers and two tops + a fleece/jumper for a 12 hour per week CSA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WDooley1)
    Sainsbury's SHOULD provide minimum one pair of trousers and two tops + a fleece/jumper for a 12 hour per week CSA.
    I love the SHOULD lol.

I never got anything 'proper'. Just a top which was two sizes two big. It went through the washer so many times, I'm surprised it is still in one piece lol.

It was the same for most of the staff who started at the same time [we were employed for a new store] - they only got one top and a fleece at best.

ReputationRep:
    Induction quite good. Yh you watch alot of videos and someone fell asleep watching a video it was lmao!!!

ReputationRep:
    Its at a store in Northamptonshire (east mids) and not far off, im 17. I think there will be quite a few people at my indcuction cos there was several jobs going for the store at the time I applied.
    Im from lancashire.

(Original post by hasm)
    If sainsburys provide the trousers? I never got mine. i got my polos and jacket.
    I left that place 5/6 years ago! They did provide trousers back then, gawd knows what they provide now!

Sorry I can't help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I love the SHOULD lol.

I never got anything 'proper'. Just a top which was two sizes two big. It went through the washer so many times, I'm surprised it is still in one piece lol.

It was the same for most of the staff who started at the same time [we were employed for a new store] - they only got one top and a fleece at best.
    I'm part of the management team at a new local, and one of my duties is ensuring that EVERYONE has the right [and adequate amounts] of uniform - I think it must be a supermarket thing where nothing gets done properly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasm)
    Speak to your personnel team, someone there should be able to order you trousers. There are allocations for those who work under 21 hours and those that work over 21 hours, but the minimum is 2 shirts/blouses/polo shirts, 1 tie, 1 trousers/skirt, 1 jacket/jumper/bodywarmer as far as I am aware. I have heard that sometimes the stock doesn't come in for a long time or it may not have been ordered due to a budget shortage.

ReputationRep:
    I never even got a uniform when I started..

In the end I just decided to wear my own thing.. Black jeans, black trainers, and a burgundy hoodie. One of the few perks about working the night shift is that no one really cares what you wear

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.