Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valzkye)
    Just want to ask if its possible to apply again on the same Sainsbury Store you applied before and got an interview with them but unsuccessfully turned down. Its just the first Sainsbury store I applied before have vacancies again today wondering if they will let me apply for it again for the same position.
    Not too sure myself. I thought they used to not allow it for a few months, unless you used a different email address? It might of changed now though? Hopefully someone in here will be able to let you know soon.

Just want to ask if its possible to apply again on the same Sainsbury Store you applied before and got an interview with them but unsuccessfully turned down. Its just the first Sainsbury store I applied before have vacancies again today wondering if they will let me apply for it again for the same position.
    Spazzycazzy is right, in that you're not supposed to apply again for that role for a few months.

However, you can get around this by creating a new profile (new email address) and then applying as normal.

(Original post by MoonGazer)
    I checked the opening times for my store and it says it's open 'till 10pm, so it's too late to phone them at the moment. I'll try tomorrow though. It was 9:30pm when I received the email so by the time I was aware of what time they shut, it didn't give me that long to contact them about it.
    At 9:30pm it would have been too late to speak to anyone about it anyway. Because the people you would have needed to have spoken to would have been the HR team. HR has left by 5:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    So we just got off the phone with them, apparently someone messed up somewhere and I shouldn't have received that email. My interview is still on .

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the grade system in use in Sainsbury's stores. I'm talking about the 'rank' grades, such as C5, C6 etc. What grade applies to each position? Are the higher numbers further up the store structure or are the lower numbers further up?

The job i'm starting in September is either C5 or C6 (I can't remember off the top of my head). What sort of job title does this equate to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    So we just got off the phone with them, apparently someone messed up somewhere and I shouldn't have received that email. My interview is still on .
    Wooohooo good luck! Let us know how it goes :yep:

Got my first block of overtime for several months tomorrow. Wooo. Only three hours though so it's hardly worth getting up early for.

ReputationRep:
    You can have my overtime! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Spazzycazzy is right, in that you're not supposed to apply again for that role for a few months.

However, you can get around this by creating a new profile (new email address) and then applying as normal.
    Wouldn't it be strange if you get an interview with the same person just 2 weeks ago have interviewed you for the same position.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Oh rubbish i cant afford anything off there until payday, and tbh, i don't really know what the £100 spend thing is?
    it's a voucher that gives you £10 off when you spend £100 on non grocery. and can be used by anyone. ends on bank holiday monday though.
    if we could get our discount off too, it could give you a maximum discount of 23.5% which is pretty good.

Wouldn't it be strange if you get an interview with the same person just 2 weeks ago have interviewed you for the same position.:woo:
    It depends on the interviewer. Most of the interviewers wont care, and neither does HR. Just before I left, we were hiring some new staff, and a fair few had applied a couple of times. I'm certain a couple had two applications running simultaneously - because they had interviews literally two days apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It depends on the interviewer. Most of the interviewers wont care, and neither does HR. Just before I left, we were hiring some new staff, and a fair few had applied a couple of times. I'm certain a couple had two applications running simultaneously - because they had interviews literally two days apart.
    Did the HR people not think "eh up, these applications are nearly vertically identical"

ReputationRep:
    My store is annoying me! There is never any overtime in the summer as we are supported by tourists and then the overtime comes when the students go back (when I am at Sixth Form). Hmm...It is slightly annoying as I like living off overtime in the holdays. I wonder if a transfer to a larger superstore on the outskirts of the city is possibly needed?

Did the HR people not think "eh up, these applications are nearly vertically identical"
    I get the impression instore HR doesn't give a crap.

It depends what you mean in terms of application. In-store HR does not receive any details from your application, other than basic information (name/address/contact details etc).

Information like grades, previous experience etc is not passed on to the stores HR (all we ever had sent to us was in affect an email with the basic details on).

ReputationRep:
    Yayy I got a Shining Star/£10 thingy for getitng a mention/passing the Mystery Shopper! You know on the back of the voucher, do I have to write my name in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    My store is annoying me! There is never any overtime in the summer as we are supported by tourists and then the overtime comes when the students go back (when I am at Sixth Form). Hmm...It is slightly annoying as I like living off overtime in the holdays. I wonder if a transfer to a larger superstore on the outskirts of the city is possibly needed?
    We have no tourists, but there is tons of overtime at the moment, which is fab, because I thought there would be none. I'm doing at least full time every week (39hrs)
    We don't have tourists, but the other supermarket (co-op) near us is having a refit, and they have hardly any stock at the moment, so we are getting their customers. It actually closes next week for a week, so that should be interesting.

(Original post by wastedxtime)
    Yayy I got a Shining Star/£10 thingy for getitng a mention/passing the Mystery Shopper! You know on the back of the voucher, do I have to write my name in?
    No, you don't. That bit is if you want to donate the £10 to charity, so to spend it instore, just use it like a gift voucher.

ReputationRep:
    I've still not got a £10 voucher for serving the mystery customer and getting 100% and it was late last month I served them. I doubt I will get anything now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    No, you don't. That bit is if you want to donate the £10 to charity, so to spend it instore, just use it like a gift voucher.
    Thankyou! That's what I thought, hehe, but I wanted to be sure! Just got to find something to spend it on now..I think I'll wat a while hehe.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me how the money pen at sainsburys works?. if its clear the note is fine and if its blue the note is fake. is this right???

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.