Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    when will i get my uniform? and should i wear smart trousers for my induction?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sjyam)
    when will i get my uniform? and should i wear smart trousers for my induction?
    you'll get your uniform at the induction. yes, wear smart trousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatg)
    you'll get your uniform at the induction. yes, wear smart trousers.
    thank you. do you get trained for tills on the first day or is it normally towards the end?

ReputationRep:
    Good news for those who invested in sharesave in 2008 at £2.24 per share. The current share price is £3.06. There is still around 4 months till the 3 year maturity date. It's likely to be around the £3 mark.

I regret not investing at the time, as I didn't think I would work here for 4 years. It's too late to invest in sharesave for 2011, as I don't think the interest will be high enough and I definitely don't want to work at Sainsburys for 7 years.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sjyam)
    thank you. do you get trained for tills on the first day or is it normally towards the end?
    They arrange to have till training after the induction.

I.e. I had my induction on Wednesday & Thursday, Till training on Friday & 1st proper shift on the Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatg)
    They arrange to have till training after the induction.

I.e. I had my induction on Wednesday & Thursday, Till training on Friday & 1st proper shift on the Saturday.
    oh right, i have a 3 day induction so i may have it on the third day. thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisleeds)
    ahh right , i have 2 days doing 4 hour inductions , then 2 days later an 8 hour induction day.

did you do roleplay?
    No, I didn't do any role play.

ReputationRep:
    I had my 11-week review today so now I'm permanent, hooray!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my first overtime on monday, when i go to clock out, do i press "authorised for overtime?". No one ever explained it to me...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Andrews)
    I've got my first overtime on monday, when i go to clock out, do i press "authorised for overtime?". No one ever explained it to me...

Thanks!
    We got told on induction to always press "no" when asked whether we were authorised for overtime, whether it was actually overtime or not. Dunno whether that's just my store, though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Liam6993)
    We got told on induction to always press "no" when asked whether we were authorised for overtime, whether it was actually overtime or not. Dunno whether that's just my store, though.
    if you're doing overtime you press "yes".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    if you're doing overtime you press "yes".
    It must just be something my store does, then, so pay no attention to my above post, Tom_Andrews. We got told to always press "no", that's what I've always done, and I've always got paid for the overtime I've done.

ReputationRep:
    It must just be something my store does, then, so pay no attention to my above post, Tom_Andrews. We got told to always press "no", that's what I've always done, and I've always got paid for the overtime I've done.
    We were always told to press no as well, and I did hundreds of hours of overtime, which was always paid on time.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't think it makes a difference as they'll always check, but *shrug* I always pressed yes!

All it does is add a star next to your name on the following days timesheet printout so they know you've done extra hours. If they kick up a fuss about it they're being stupid. We've never been told to only press no. If I do overtime I'll press yes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    might be going back to sburys! >_<

ReputationRep:
    might be going back to sburys! >_<
    Out of choice?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Out of choice?!
    out of desperation really ... lol

ReputationRep:
    out of desperation really ... lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    any idea how i would go about it? my friend [team leader] is going to ask but would i be better off going into store and speaking to the store manager?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.