Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    4th... 7th is a Monday. Unless I've missed a memo.

Oops - We where paid on 7th this month! Even better though!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Had my interview. DVD was broken, so couldn't do the test. Group element nonexistent as well as there was only one other guy. Interviewer was late due to conference call, so was apologizing profusely throughout. Just went over things like availability, holidays booked, whether I completed questionnaire myself. Said I'd hear back in 2-3 days time. No questions on customer service, in fact, no questions at all beyond confirming the details on the online app. Not the guys fault, but...confusing, to say the least. Don't know what to make of that. Not optimistic, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Hm. Had my interview. DVD was broken, so couldn't do the test. Group element nonexistent as well as there was only one other guy. Interviewer was late due to conference call, so was apologizing profusely throughout. Just went over things like availability, holidays booked, whether I completed questionnaire myself. Said I'd hear back in 2-3 days time. No questions on customer service, in fact, no questions at all beyond confirming the details on the online app. Not the guys fault, but...confusing, to say the least. Don't know what to make of that. Not optimistic, though.
    Whether or not you get the job is entirely based off your performance on the DVD test. So I guess they'll go on how well you did online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    Whether or not you get the job is entirely based off your performance on the DVD test. So I guess they'll go on how well you did online?

Well, I did well enough to get an interview. Beyond that, I don't know. Confusing situation, especially having prepared for the group thing, DVD test, etc. Perhaps I have just been fobbed off. :holmes:

Thanks for replying.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did well enough to get an interview. Beyond that, I don't know. Confusing situation, especially having prepared for the group thing, DVD test, etc. Perhaps I have just been fobbed off. :holmes:

Thanks for replying.
    Well that sounds rubbish.

well my interview was the same but with the dvd + the interviewer going over uniform size i was, sick pay and normal pay

Anyone know if a interviewer mentioning those in a interview is a good side that I've got it or is it normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmeechan)
    Well that sounds rubbish.

well my interview was the same but with the dvd + the interviewer going over uniform size i was, sick pay and normal pay

Anyone know if a interviewer mentioning those in a interview is a good side that I've got it or is it normal.

It is pretty much as rubbish as it sounds. They brought up uniform size and pay with me, think it's just a universal thing.

ReputationRep:
    what happens to night shift workers when the clocks go back? do we have to work another hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number-11)
    what happens to night shift workers when the clocks go back? do we have to work another hour?
    You'd still work your normal number of hours, although according to the clock it would look like you've worked an extra hour.

ReputationRep:
    this was what my interview was like there was no DVD test

manager called me back few days later offering me a job, had the induction where he put the dvd test on and just told me the answers to the questions while I filled it out lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by number-11)
    you work your normal hours, youll still do the same amount of hours in total =)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently got a job at Sainsburys (Nightshift/Part-time) and I've got an Induction (2 days) in a couple of days. I've been hired on a Temporary Contract and wanted to know; what is the likelihood of me being taken on as Permanent, considering I work hard, am punctual and do overtime? Interviewer told me that the contract last till January 31st.....

Anybody with experience in this......HELP ME

ReputationRep:
    Hey I work for sainsbury's and everyone is taken on with a 12 week probationary period. Providing you don't do anything seriously wrong, you'll be fine. I think you need to speak to your line manager though to clarify whether you are a temp (maybe for Christmas time) or permanent staff.

ReputationRep:
    Got the job. Which is puzzling, as I had literally no opportunity to make an impression. Not complaining, though! Especially since the impression I usually make at interviews is 'what a tit'. Induction Wednesday. Made up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina1991)
    Hey I work for sainsbury's and everyone is taken on with a 12 week probationary period. Providing you don't do anything seriously wrong, you'll be fine. I think you need to speak to your line manager though to clarify whether you are a temp (maybe for Christmas time) or permanent staff.
    Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that I am on a Temporary Contract as this is what it said when I applied online and the job is till the end of January 2012 (3 months)......is that a Xmas Temp? Sorry, I have no idea as I haven't had the chance to meet my manager yet....
    And considering it is a Xmas Temp job, what are the chances of me being taken on as Permanent?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email saying I got the job, need to phone HR. I phoned HR, he said congratulations and told me my induction days. However, I'm at college then, which I said at the interview. I told him when I was available if there's another time for the induction. He said he'll email the store and that they'll contact me within 2 days. Can they take the job away from me or will there be other induction dates, because the at the interview, they said they might do it on weekend because of college. Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    How fast do Sainsbuy's get back to you if your unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmeechan)
    How fast do Sainsbuy's get back to you if your unsuccessful?
    I think it would be a week for any response. How long have you waited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyGat.)
    Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that I am on a Temporary Contract as this is what it said when I applied online and the job is till the end of January 2012 (3 months)......is that a Xmas Temp? Sorry, I have no idea as I haven't had the chance to meet my manager yet....
    And considering it is a Xmas Temp job, what are the chances of me being taken on as Permanent?

Thanks!
    I think that definitely makes you Xmas temp. Also, it varies from store to store, but in general if a store is looking for someone permanent, they'll hire someone permanent straight off. So don't get your hopes too high, just work hard and hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moment 4 Life)
    I think it would be a week for any response. How long have you waited?
    Interview was on Tuesday and she had to interview the last applicant (who i know from my brother) today, and the interviewer was going to phone today to let me know. The way she was talking made me think i got the job since she went on about the induction and that what she would let me know about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    I think that definitely makes you Xmas temp. Also, it varies from store to store, but in general if a store is looking for someone permanent, they'll hire someone permanent straight off. So don't get your hopes too high, just work hard and hope for the best
    Hmmm........the interviewer did say to me something about the 'higher up (bosses)' of Sainsbury's told the store that I am applying at, to only hire on Temps for now until they think it's suitable to make them permanent or something blah blah lol

Really want this job on Permanent as it's my first ever job so it's fingers crossed I guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.