Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley-Anne)
    whats sainsburys like about giving short notice when needing a shift off? :\

i have an unexpected training day for uni (which i cant miss :\) on monday. Should i ring/go in tommorow or tell them when i have work on saturday, plus who do i tell?

thanks
    Depends how short notice especially if you've already said you can do the shift. If it's just training it shouldn't be too much of a problem (I once forgot to come in early for some training and they weren't too bothered, but I can't guarantee the management at your store will be the same), the sooner you speak up the better though. Speak to either your line manager or some one in HR, preferably the store trainer if they are available.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Hayley-Anne)
    whats sainsburys like about giving short notice when needing a shift off? :\

i have an unexpected training day for uni (which i cant miss :\) on monday. Should i ring/go in tommorow or tell them when i have work on saturday, plus who do i tell?

thanks
    tell your manager, and maybe find someone who will swap a shift with you.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering.... when you apply for a sainsburys job, e.g. applying for customer service assistant which is on check-outs, and then on the next page it says base department(if applicable) and then next to it, it says trolley retrieval, does that mean mainly trolleys, and you would be on check-outs if needed e.g. if its busy.

Anyone know more info???

ReputationRep:
    Heya! Question... Last payday i worked saturday + Sunday, and then the following friday got paid, but not for the sunday, that was to be in my next payday (didn't really understand that). Okay my question, i just did a shift this evening, will that be in my paycheck 2moro? Or is that going to be on the next one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slapstick)
    Heya! Question... Last payday i worked saturday + Sunday, and then the following friday got paid, but not for the sunday, that was to be in my next payday (didn't really understand that). Okay my question, i just did a shift this evening, will that be in my paycheck 2moro? Or is that going to be on the next one?
    No, it will be in your next pay. The cut off point is the Saturday before pay day, so any shifts you've done since last Saturday will be included in your December pay. .

ReputationRep:
    Go into my account money. Now.

ReputationRep:
    Made £1256
    got taxed £250 + £81 NI

Im on the 40% tax rate for some reason fml such a hassle sorting it out :|

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out?
    i've got my pay from sainsburys which is 94.36
    I've just started the job, but had my 2 day induction so thats 16 hours, and then I worked my hours which was 21 (finished on tuesday), so in total I've worked 37 hours at 6.74?

So I should get 249.38?
    Where has all my money gone? And who do I speak too? Im 18 by the way.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimesChanging)
    can someone help me out?
    i've got my pay from sainsburys which is 94.36
    I've just started the job, but had my 2 day induction so thats 16 hours, and then I worked my hours which was 21 (finished on tuesday), so in total I've worked 37 hours at 6.74?

So I should get 249.38?
    Where has all my money gone? And who do I speak too? Im 18 by the way.
    Thanks
    How many of your hours did you work after Saturday 29th? These will be in next months pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    How many of your hours did you work after Saturday 29th? These will be in next months pay.
    oh i worked the 21 hours after that, bummmer! So it means I've been underpaid by 2 hours on my induction! Do I go query HR about it?

ReputationRep:
    from peoples experience i cant get to this mondays shift on time because of unexpected uni commitments, would it be better to tell them i cant do the shift or say that i will have to turn up half an hour late for it? (its a 4 hour shift btw) :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimesChanging)
    oh i worked the 21 hours after that, bummmer! So it means I've been underpaid by 2 hours on my induction! Do I go query HR about it?
    Best thing to do is get your payslip first, maybe you're just getting taxed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bax121)
    Do any of you employees know if Sainsburys are doing a good deal on COD MW3?
    BUMP! I also want to know this. Im not in work until sunday, I will see if anyone knows then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    BUMP! I also want to know this. Im not in work until sunday, I will see if anyone knows then.
    think its £28.99 if you spend £30 on shopping.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^ yep it's that, may as well pre-order if you haven't done so already to get 500 extra nectar points

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    If I take two days off as unpaid leave, but then get a phone call on the first day saying I should be in work, am I expected to go in the second day?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Debbie2709)
    If I take two days off as unpaid leave, but then get a phone call on the first day saying I should be in work, am I expected to go in the second day?
    tell them you booked it off as unpaid leave
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ahhh, no work for 2 weeks! WOOP!

FREE from self scan, always seem to be something wrong with one of 'em!

ReputationRep:
    Urghh, will someone please tell me what is going on with the online application system?!
    Everytime it directs me to the recruitment page, the vacancy seems to have gone, despite it still being available on the main page.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.