Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    But what could we do to make our store better than the rest of Sainsbury's?

I'll star with hiring enough staff for checkouts rather than calling everyone else on the shopfloor almost every hour of every day to tills thus slowing down replenishment and leaving shelves empty!!
    52 weeks of paid holiday a year please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    52 weeks of paid holiday a year please.
    For just the 1 year? That should be no problem. *

*Based on a 10 year contract

You ok with that, WhereIsMyMiND? :d

ReputationRep:

Pfft, ill stay where i am! I can leave within 4 weeks, 10 year contract :no:

But what could we do to make our store better than the rest of Sainsbury's?

I'll star with hiring enough staff for checkouts rather than calling everyone else on the shopfloor almost every hour of every day to tills thus slowing down replenishment and leaving shelves empty!!
    We could make it better by telling our employees exactly what we're planning to do, before they end up hearing on an internet forum? :rolleyes: :yes:

You ok with that, WhereIsMyMiND? :d
    Sure. That isn't a problem.

*Providing you apply for it six years in advance. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Pfft, ill stay where i am! I can leave within 4 weeks, 10 year contract :no:
    I forgot to mention our new store is 5 years in Los Angeles, other 5 in Australia

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention our new store is 5 years in Los Angeles, other 5 in Australia
    Meh, i'm not to arsed about going abroad. Open it in leeds, we don't have millions as it is, and then it means i don't have to move :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Sure. That isn't a problem.

*Providing you apply for it six years in advance. :woo:
    Six?! Six???!!?!?!

It will have to be 8 I think. Those scheduling rotas don't do themselves you know:rolleyes:

(It's a tiring job trying to pretend I have everything under control )

ReputationRep:
    For the new store I think we should ...

Invent new self scan checkouts and hang a sign up that anyone with an IQ of less than 150 or cant use computers to go to the staffed checkouts instead :yes:

Get rid of Eurest in Sainsburys cafes (the small few) *Pukes*

Make a 'TTD' American ready meal food range

*Edit* - Also, to offer the same basic hourly wage to everyone regardless of age Grrrr

Six?! Six???!!?!?!

It will have to be 8 I think. Those scheduling rotas don't do themselves you know:rolleyes:

(It's a tiring job trying to pretend I have everything under control )
    LOL.

Didn't you get the memo? Paper schedules have been scrapped. It's all via the Interwebs now! You apply for holiday and overtime on the net. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

Didn't you get the memo? Paper schedules have been scrapped. It's all via the Interwebs now! You apply for holiday and overtime on the net. :yes:
    Interwebs? Please explain?!!

I do my schedules in pendown. The way it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    For the new store I think we should ...

Invent new self scan checkouts and hang a sign up that anyone with an IQ of less than 150 or cant use computers to go to the staffed checkouts instead :yes:

Get rid of Eurest in Sainsburys cafes (the small few) *Pukes*

Make a 'TTD' American ready meal food range

*Edit* - Also, to offer the same basic hourly wage to everyone regardless of age Grrrr
    Yes.

Yes.

Ermmm yes.

What? Surely this will put a dent in the amount of cars and houses abroad we can afford to splash out on at the end of the year share handout? I would have to "negotiate" on this one. My diary is full until 12th October 2012. My P.A Justin King can liase on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea .. Doesnt matter as I would earn a salary ! muhaha! Lets pay mcdonalds rate of £3.85 to under 18's I think I can afford to upgrade my room to a suite in Dubai now

Interwebs? Please explain?!!

I do my schedules in pendown. The way it should be.
    Interwebs. It's like electronic. We have got to get with the times. McDonalds have had this since 2002.

Are you sure you didn't get my memo? I did email it to you? (HAHA!)

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I'm so going to have to create an Orange Thread! :woo: I doubt it will be as popular?

I've noticed something, Sainsbury's employees do tend to be a lot more sociable.. I think how big the thread was on here is a prime example.. (or we have more to talk about..) or it's simply Sainsbury's doesn't communicate enough and we have to find out new policies ect via here? I dunno

Have you got your induction dates sorted btw? New starters are always fun.. dressed nice and smart at induction and all raring to go. Give it a week and you couldn't care less! :p:
    Yeah got my induction dates - Wed and Thurs next week. When I was there yesterday the staff seemed sociable enough (at least the ones at the bottom were!) Also, I've been job hunting for soo long now that I might last a few weeks before I stop caring :p: .

Just realised though - I forgot to mention that I'm going to see my family down south on the 26th (where I would be working) and I forgot to mention that at interview - Oops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Oh yea .. Doesnt matter as I would earn a salary ! muhaha! Lets pay mcdonalds rate of £3.85 to under 18's I think I can afford to upgrade my room to a suite in Dubai now
    I think this is a fantastic idea Donut. Let's roll out the new £3.85 salary to all colleagues including dept managers asap.

Btw anyone know how much we're spending on electricity these days? Surely colleagues can afford their own clothes to wrap up warm? There is a recession on after all...this company isn't made of money:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Interwebs. It's like electronic. We have got to get with the times. McDonalds have had this since 2002.

Are you sure you didn't get my memo? I did email it to you? (HAHA!)
    Computer says no. Poor Justin must have deleted it by mistake. He's on first week nerves at the mo.

That reminds me - do we really need assistants? I was doing fine looking like I had a clue what's going on fine before.

ReputationRep:
    In other news... there's a party in my pants because I've just opened a brand new franchise of Sainsbury's in my bedroom.

Smallest supermarket store in the world. I'm proud of this. Eat that, Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    In other news... there's a party in my pants because I've just opened a brand new franchise of Sainsbury's in my bedroom.

Smallest supermarket store in the world. I'm proud of this. Eat that, Tesco.
    LMAO. Quick, Guiness World Records, NOW!

Computer says no. Poor Justin must have deleted it by mistake. He's on first week nerves at the mo.

That reminds me - do we really need assistants? I was doing fine looking like I had a clue what's going on fine before.
    He deleted it? I'm sure that's a disciplinary? (Btw, are we still going to have them?)

I think we could get rid of some assistants? I think we'll start with the counter people. I've found them to be moody. Instead, we'll have pre-cut meat only.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.