Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Yeah, thanks both of you for pointing this out to me. I blame our till-trainer; she is so ancient that she probably has no idea of the system in place nowadays. :rolleyes: She definitely told us that we need someone else to 'supervise' the taking of £50 notes. What an idiot lol.
    I got one today and just ran the pen over it - no probs so I accepted.

Also - if there is a problem with your cash register - when would they bring it up with you (i.e. if I was short tonight would I find out tomorrow etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    I know I've not had my interview yet but after I have, how long can I expect to wait until I hear back from them as to whether I've gotten the job or not, and how do they usually contact you about it - phone, email or...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    I know I've not had my interview yet but after I have, how long can I expect to wait until I hear back from them as to whether I've gotten the job or not, and how do they usually contact you about it - phone, email or...?
    They say it can take upto 2 weeks to get back to you, however I would call HR a week after the interview, and ask if it has been decided or not yet.
    If they say, you will recieve a text or email - just ask them if they would be able to check on the system for you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectimperfection)
    £6.74? Mine is only going up to £6.23 from £6.08, what band are you in? I'm in band 2 and am already 18 years old
    As flipshot said, it does vary by area. I'm in Surrey, which is one of the highest paid regions, except London.

Was so quiet from 4 o clock today, was quite nice. Was mega busy all day until then though... Luckily I only started at 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    They say it can take upto 2 weeks to get back to you, however I would call HR a week after the interview, and ask if it has been decided or not yet.
    If they say, you will recieve a text or email - just ask them if they would be able to check on the system for you anyway.
    I see, I will bear that in mind then, thank you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Hmm.. So am I. At least we get paid a premium, so its not all bad!

And does everyone know about the 2.5% pay increase from Period 7 (next week i think) I'm going from £5.36 to £6.74 because I'm 18 in a couple of weeks. It seems like so much! I think it's ageist to pay U18's less tbh :yep:

Less than 2 weeks :woo: Can't wait... need it so badly! Wonder how much Mr Tax Man will take this time
    I get £6.60 an hour. Unless i'm really crap at maths, thats an extra 2p?

Oh, turns out I get about 16p more :P

ReputationRep:
    Mr.Tax Man almost takes around 120 pounds per month from my salary This really annoys me........

ReputationRep:
    well nearly everyone pays tax so it can't be that bad.

i get paid £5.92/hour and i just pretend my pay is £5/hour, easier to calculate and won't expect much less when my payslip comes through, not that i keep track of how many hours i've worked.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that working bank holidays is win. After 4pm it was pretty dead and I got to chill out for a bit . Although as the store closed at half 6, only me and another girl were left behind with nothing to do for half an hour :s:...that was annoying.

ReputationRep:
    All day was dead for me, its time and a half, and an extra days holiday, there's nothing to complain about. Though im not contract to do mondays anyway, but i still did it.

ReputationRep:
    Felt a bit bad today, online shopping was busy as! They wanted people to stay back & do over time, but I couldn't. We've got loads off on holiday & sick this week.

ReputationRep:
    I worked yesterday ( in waitrose though) and it was pretty dead for like 2 hour before we closed (we were open from 10-4:30) but cause we have loads of people off sick i was phone at half eight this morning to see if i would work (but couldn't)- i swear soo many people are off sick every were at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    I worked yesterday ( in waitrose though) and it was pretty dead for like 2 hour before we closed (we were open from 10-4:30) but cause we have loads of people off sick i was phone at half eight this morning to see if i would work (but couldn't)- i swear soo many people are off sick every were at the moment.
    All people have to do is phone the NHS Swine Flu Hypochondriac line and they get told to stay in the house and have time off work, they don't even need to be ill! Just pretend on the phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    All people have to do is phone the NHS Swine Flu Hypochondriac line and they get told to stay in the house and have time off work, they don't even need to be ill! Just pretend on the phone!
    LOL nice way to cheat your employer.........even we had a lot of people off as they were sick and many people resigned the job. We had a sevice call to checkouts for every 10 minutes.........lol in my 4 hours shift i heard the service call to checkouts for like 40 times........it was busy like hell and our checkout manager was runnning like hell all around the store to sign up people for overtime..........and everyone was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    Anyaways I was planning to buy a car and tried for a car insurance. and the cheapest one was from quinn and it was 2300 for year ...........WTF? I tried sainsburys car insurance but it did not give me any quote coz i have international driving licence and not auk one ........ does anyone know which company car insurance accepts no claims bonus from overseas???????????

ReputationRep:
    Best thing you can do really is have a try on Confused. com.
    Or money supermarket

ReputationRep:
    So I had my interview, some of one of the section's questions i found a bit, wth, but I thought I did alright for the most part. Hopefully, we'll see. I should get a call by early next week at the latest - I was the only one there for the interview today and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

ReputationRep:
    Is there no sort of staff discount for Sainsburys car insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    Is there no sort of staff discount for Sainsburys car insurance?
    yes there is....i am sure i had seen it somewhere in the store....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Best thing you can do really is have a try on Confused. com.
    Or money supermarket
    Yeah I tried them they gave me a generous 4,350 pounds per years.......I am not gonna pay that kind of money at any cost. I would preffer not to buy a car if I had to pay such a **** load of money lol.......

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.