The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

or i should try comparemeerkat . com lol........
Reply 1021
MoonGazer
So I had my interview, some of one of the section's questions i found a bit, wth, but I thought I did alright for the most part. Hopefully, we'll see. I should get a call by early next week at the latest - I was the only one there for the interview today and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Im still waiting to find out if ive got to the interview stages, but its good that youve said it wasnt that bad, cos im quite scared haha :eek:
How do you guys feel about people asking via PMs for specific answers to specific questions that occurred in the interview? I don't know if I've got the job yet or not but someone has been asking me what answers did I give etc (I have been giving general sorts of answers as to what may be on it, trying not to be too specific, stuff that honestly I'd kinda predict to be as part of it anyway) and really, I don't see why I should do the work for them when I don't even know if they were right yet or not :/.

Eddikins
Im still waiting to find out if ive got to the interview stages, but its good that youve said it wasnt that bad, cos im quite scared haha :eek:

Look at it this way - you've submitted your application, there's nothing you can do now but wait and worrying won't get you anywhere, I mean, what's the worst that can happen? You can always apply again if it doesn't work out, yeah? :smile:
Reply 1023
MoonGazer

Look at it this way - you've submitted your application, there's nothing you can do now but wait and worrying won't get you anywhere, I mean, what's the worst that can happen? You can always apply again if it doesn't work out, yeah? :smile:

Very wise words. At the moment im thinking about how much fun it will be, and about how ill be earning money, not about the interview and the tests :o:
Reply 1024
ramnaresh_2000
Anyaways I was planning to buy a car and tried for a car insurance. and the cheapest one was from quinn and it was 2300 for year ...........WTF? I tried sainsburys car insurance but it did not give me any quote coz i have international driving licence and not auk one :frown:........ does anyone know which company car insurance accepts no claims bonus from overseas???????????

Try going into an insurance broker's, like swinton or a small company and see what they can do for you. Maybe try adrian flux - they are who I used.
Eddikins
Very wise words. At the moment im thinking about how much fun it will be, and about how ill be earning money, not about the interview and the tests :o:

Do you mind if I ask which position you applied for? I'm just curious :smile: - I applied to be a customer service assistant, in other words, working on the tills most of the time.
kyle_y
Is there no sort of staff discount for Sainsburys car insurance? :frown:

You get two months free for being a colleague and, on top of that, you can use your 10% "Staff Discount Card" if you have it.

There should be some leaflets about it in your staff areas. In my store they're in the canteen.
Oh-No!
Try going into an insurance broker's, like swinton or a small company and see what they can do for you. Maybe try adrian flux - they are who I used.

Finally i found it.........Norwich Union (Aviva).... They accept no claims bonus from overseas.... I have got 4 years no claim bonus.......will try it lol....Thanks for the advise mate
swinton gave me 5,400 per annum mate.........quinn is a lot better it gave half of it........lol
Reply 1029
Had my interview yesterday for work as a counter assistant, I've previously worked as a checkout girl but hated it, is a counter position any better?
Reply 1030
I'd live a job in sainsbury's. My driving instructor recently told me one of his clients got a job there so I am going to send a cover letter, and my cv to 2 sainsbury's today. What do you guys make of that? For me it's worth a try.
azyboy10
I'd live a job in sainsbury's. My driving instructor recently told me one of his clients got a job there so I am going to send a cover letter, and my cv to 2 sainsbury's today. What do you guys make of that? For me it's worth a try.

I can tell you now that will not work - all recruitment is done through the website. They will refuse to take your CVs.
Reply 1032
Wildebeest
draft you in as a Code 2 on Checkouts as well, it's bound to happen. :p:

Damn :p:
Hahahaha, my store came top in the company for that kit kat chuncky caramel selling challenge. It made me lol lots.
Reply 1034
Untitled258
Hahahaha, my store came top in the company for that kit kat chuncky caramel selling challenge. It made me lol lots.

Didn't even know there was one! We have wispa gold's in now though, don't think theres a challenge for that!
Oh-No!
Didn't even know there was one! We have wispa gold's in now though, don't think theres a challenge for that!

They've started making Wispa golds again?! :woo:
Oh-No!

Yeah, every 3 weeks theres a sales target thing, and the store in the top of the region wins a little trophy, in our region anyway. Last week it was them kit kat chunkys, and now its the 6 bottles of lucozade thats on offer, but we keep winning stuff ha.
Reply 1037
teh_samby
They've started making Wispa golds again?! :woo:

Yeah! I was shocked - we have a pallet of them. I didn't know they were coming back either!
Reply 1038
MoonGazer
Do you mind if I ask which position you applied for? I'm just curious :smile: - I applied to be a customer service assistant, in other words, working on the tills most of the time.

Online Shopper :smile: Even though it means getting up at 5am, its the perfect job for me.
Reply 1039
kyle_y
Is there no sort of staff discount for Sainsburys car insurance? :frown:

Take a look at the back of your payslip. They tend to advertise it on there.

Latest

Trending

Trending