Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Anyaways I was planning to buy a car and tried for a car insurance. and the cheapest one was from quinn and it was 2300 for year ...........WTF? I tried sainsburys car insurance but it did not give me any quote coz i have international driving licence and not auk one ........ does anyone know which company car insurance accepts no claims bonus from overseas???????????
    ahaha, I got rejected from Sainsbury's car insurance

Too young Ageism

(Original post by BeesKnees)
    I've decided that working bank holidays is win. After 4pm it was pretty dead and I got to chill out for a bit . Although as the store closed at half 6, only me and another girl were left behind with nothing to do for half an hour :s:...that was annoying.
    thats because most people believe bank holidays are covered by Sunday Trading Laws =P

ReputationRep:
    Talking of Sunday Trading Laws, does anyone know what the law/company policy is about selling alcohol on Sunday mornings?

I often get customers asking me but I've always been told different things from supervisors and managers so I just ask the one that's closest to me at that moment and I go by what they say.

Sometimes it's "that law no longer applies, it's fine to sell" and sometimes it's "can't sell alcohol til 8/9/10 this morning".

In my 13 months at Sainsburys I've quickly learnt that the place to get straight and accurate info is TSR's Sainsburys Thread. The ones that run our stores are useless :rolleyes: LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    Talking of Sunday Trading Laws, does anyone know what the law/company policy is about selling alcohol on Sunday mornings?

I often get customers asking me but I've always been told different things from supervisors and managers so I just ask the one that's closest to me at that moment and I go by what they say.

Sometimes it's "that law no longer applies, it's fine to sell" and sometimes it's "can't sell alcohol til 8/9/10 this morning".

In my 13 months at Sainsburys I've quickly learnt that the place to get straight and accurate info is TSR's Sainsburys Thread. The ones that run our stores are useless :rolleyes: LOL
    It'll depend on what alcohol license your store has, which you can normally view on your local council's website. I'm guessing you're in a Local store, as a Main store wouldn't be able to sell anything until 10 am anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Found out today that I wasn't successful with my job application at the new Sainsbury's convenience store in my local area

I've lost track of time When's our next payday? Hope it's sooner rather than later. My MOT/servicing cost a little bit more than I had hoped last month

ReputationRep:
    A week on Friday

Oh that's not too bad. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Is the cut off this sunday? My store trainer wasn't too sure but I am thinking that I will get paid for my induction and checkout training next Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Got the job! the interview lasted 25 mins max, was a chat with the manager and he filled out some form/checklist
    have my induction 10-5 friday and i guess i start the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattgeezer)
    Got the job! the interview lasted 25 mins max, was a chat with the manager and he filled out some form/checklist
    have my induction 10-5 friday and i guess i start the next day
    If you're contracted to work saturdays :yep:
    Well done! x
    Edit: have they shortened the inductions? I had to do 4 hours on the thursday, 4 on the friday & 9-6 saturday!

ReputationRep:
    My induction was 9-4 saturday and the same on sunday, it seemed to go on forever.

Does anyone know when we are getting 20% crimbo discount, i heard its 3 months before christmas, so end of sept/oct. I want to know a solid date though, i want a new tele

ReputationRep:
    you have to wait 6 months for your discount

ReputationRep:
    Well ive been with the company since november, i have had my card ages, i know that.

But around christmas the discount usually goes up from 10% to 20%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Well ive been with the company since november, i have had my card ages, i know that.

But around christmas the discount usually goes up from 10% to 20%.
    I think it will be 15% at christmas, as its for 3 months. If it is 20%, then even better, but I won't hold my breath for it!

I think (not 100% sure) that it starts end of Oct/early Nov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I think it will be 15% at christmas, as its for 3 months. If it is 20%, then even better, but I won't hold my breath for it!

I think (not 100% sure) that it starts end of Oct/early Nov.
    Well, it was 20% at easter wasnt it? I didnt have my card then so im not sure, I was in the college council meeting though and they where saying it goes up to 20%, i have no idea though.

End of Oct is alright though, gives me a bit of time to save :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it was 20% at easter wasnt it? I didnt have my card then so im not sure, I was in the college council meeting though and they where saying it goes up to 20%, i have no idea though.

End of Oct is alright though, gives me a bit of time to save :yep:
    Yeah, the 20% at easter was the first time I had ever had discount at 20%. Last xmas was 15% for a good 3 months. If they said 20% though, maybe Sainsburys is gunna be more generous this year!

We're stocking TV's at the moment, I see them everytime I'm in there, and I think its good I don't have the money or I'd be tempted to buy one!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it will be 15%, i think it was all just Speculation, or me miss hearing in the meeting. Still, 15% off a £400 tv is a fair amount, £60 or so.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it will be 15%, i think it was all just Speculation, or me miss hearing in the meeting. Still, 15% off a £400 tv is a fair amount, £60 or so.
    It is, we're lucky to get our discount on things that are already priced fairly!

Talking of TV's, has anyone seen the TV's on the Heavy Items menu on the new Plu groups... there is a 37" HD LCD for £199.99 and 40" (i think) sony for £299. Bet there isn't any stock anywhere though! Might have a look later for the stock number

ReputationRep:
    It was 20% discount at easter.. really? I'm pretty sure when I bought anything with my discount here in Scotland over easter it was at 15%.

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard today that I'm back working at Sainsburys again Do you think they mind that my NI insurance number will be on a sticky note rather than the card? I seem to have misplaced mine <_<

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.