Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I've just heard today that I'm back working at Sainsburys again Do you think they mind that my NI insurance number will be on a sticky note rather than the card? I seem to have misplaced mine <_<
    That'll be fine - we were just asked to write down our NI number - we didn't have to show the card.

You never need to show the actual card to anyone. It isn't a form of ID. As long as you know the number it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You never need to show the actual card to anyone. It isn't a form of ID. As long as you know the number it's fine.
    Thankfully thats probably true for Sainsburys, although our store wanted a formal letter of proof or you didn't even get the interview. But there's other places that insist on more than just knowing the number. Unfortunately Ive had 2 cards over the years & thats the max the government allow they said. Travelodge said I had to have the card for them to photocopy. I had to get national insurance dept to post me a letter of proof. I used that at Sainsburys when I started working there too. Its to stop illegal foreign workers. Says about it on the Sainsburys recruitment web site :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview! Tomorrow morning!

The man on the phone was so nice haha

Wish me luck Guys

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)

Wish me luck Guys
    Good luck.
    Yes the telephone staff seem to be real nice people ive noticed. When I rang them to add my discount card to the online shopping, they guy couldn't of been more helpful

ReputationRep:
    Hi Again Guys, just got back from my interview

I feel confident that i did well, but the DVD test killed me!

'oh. out of stock again' :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I had my first shift on the Deli on tuesday, got my second tonight and already i hate it!

Does anyone know how long you have to wait before changing departments?

Oh and eddikins, i had my test with another girl and we were laughing the whole way through

ReputationRep:

Wish me luck Guys

I called them up and I remember the phone conversation >_>

"You obviously still want the job otherwise you wouldn't be calling - OK - induction is on Friday blah blah blah"

Anyone else doing Talkback? Oh I got my claws out >;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)

"You obviously still want the job otherwise you wouldn't be calling - OK - induction is on Friday blah blah blah"

Well, in my case i didnt have my mobile on, and 2 different people had left messages about calling HR. In the end a guy called my house phone and asked if i was still interested haha.

(Original post by nkp2009)
    I had my first shift on the Deli on tuesday, got my second tonight and already i hate it!

Does anyone know how long you have to wait before changing departments
    Unlucky. Depends if there's another department that wants anyone. Ask the other department managers.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely knackered, got overtime tomorrow, 9:30am - 5:30am.. and on Sunday 11am-5pm .. I need a rest haven't had the best of sleeps then Monday - Wednesday 4pm-8pm which is okay I guess but grrr I just want to stay in my house for 1 day! mmm I guess I'll wait til Thursday unless they ask for more over time ..need as much money as I can get :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)

Yeah our store is taking the TALKBACK very seriously......I used to work in Checkouts and now shifted to HR........now the HR manager and Checkouts manager are arguing for the talkback form........Finally they asked me to fill it up for my fav dept lol........I heard it gives some sort of ratings to the store and stuff like that??? Or maybe the worse dept manager gets sacked???????:yep: :yep: We got a instruction from manager that not to select the "Neither agree or nor disagree" option beacause it means that we dont know what the hell is going on in our store lol.........

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what date payday is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1)
    does anyone know what date payday is?
    This Friday!
    11th Sept.

ReputationRep:
    I think i lost out.

Ive got an email saying '
    While you demonstrated some of the skills we’re looking for, there were other candidates who were a closer match for the role. Therefore, we regret to inform you that we won’t be progressing your application any further on this occasion. ' And the website says im unsuccessful.

Is this a mistake, or have i actually not gotten any furthur than the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I think i lost out.

Ive got an email saying '
    While you demonstrated some of the skills we’re looking for, there were other candidates who were a closer match for the role. Therefore, we regret to inform you that we won’t be progressing your application any further on this occasion. ' And the website says im unsuccessful.

Is this a mistake, or have i actually not gotten any furthur than the interview?
    you didnt get the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    This Friday!
    11th Sept.
    Thank god. I got a parking ticket yester, & its half price, 30 quid if I pay it within 10 days :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Payday cant come quick enough.

Theres a job being advertised in my store, for my store, and i want to apply, apparently i need to right a letter but i have no idea what to put And i will have to hand right it, i have no printer/word prosessing doc on my mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    you didnt get the place
    Oh well. Ive found another job thats full time that i can apply for.

Although a Warehouse Assistant is a far cry from Online Shopper! :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.