This Friday!
    11th Sept.
    :woo:

Only getting about £150 (started on wednesday) but better than £0 :P

I need the money quite badly now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I need the money quite badly now :P
    I never really see my money anyway, it just goes into a savings account which ill use once i start uni next year :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    I never really see my money anyway, it just goes into a savings account which ill use once i start uni next year :o:
    Same

lol, well I'm at uni, have a car that likes to use petrol (not my fault, honest), and like to spend too much on new pointless gadgets when I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)

Is this a mistake
    Why would it be a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Why would it be a mistake?
    Because, if i remember correctly, earlier in this thread someone stated getting an email like this when they hadnt even attended thier interview yet, and was told it was a mistake.

But after thinking about it myself, im pretty sure i got rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Thank god. I got a parking ticket yester, & its half price, 30 quid if I pay it within 10 days :rolleyes:
    Ahh... that's a bit *****! I haven't had a parking ticket yet (and I'm gunna try keep it that way!) If you get clamped at my store, you get a £125 fine! Thank god I have a permit!

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    :woo:

Only getting about £150 (started on wednesday) but better than £0 :P
    Still, it's money! I don't know how much I'm going to get, it will be about £6-700 before tax, but don't know after tax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Because, if i remember correctly, earlier in this thread someone stated getting an email like this when they hadnt even attended thier interview yet, and was told it was a mistake.

But after thinking about it myself, im pretty sure i got rejected.
    Yes, that was me who received that email before attending the interview and was told on the phone I shouldn't have received it.

I have yet to hear off them yet about my actual interview results. I'm going to give it 'till Tuesday and then I'll phone them to find out if they haven't contacted me by then (a whole week).

However as you received yours afterwards, I can't see how it would be a mistake. I'm sorry to here you didn't manage to get it, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Ahh... that's a bit *****! I haven't had a parking ticket yet (and I'm gunna try keep it that way!) If you get clamped at my store, you get a £125 fine! Thank god I have a permit!

Still, it's money! I don't know how much I'm going to get, it will be about £6-700 before tax, but don't know after tax
    I was reading up on clamping. I don't know if Sainsbury's owns all the land their stores are on - but apparently, if it is not their land and they rent it off someone, their not allowed to enforce parking restrictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    Yes, that was me who received that email before attending the interview and was told on the phone I shouldn't have received it.

I have yet to hear off them yet about my actual interview results. I'm going to give it 'till Tuesday and then I'll phone them to find out if they haven't contacted me by then (a whole week).

However as you received yours afterwards, I can't see how it would be a mistake. I'm sorry to here you didn't manage to get it, though.
    I got asked to attend my interview 6 months into the job 8-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I got asked to attend my interview 6 months into the job 8-)
    ....I don't understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)

This was in flippin Somerfields car park. I didn't notice the sign saying an hour and half max, & was in the hairdressers 3 hours. I knew there were a few reasons I hate Somerfields, apart from their chavvy style

ReputationRep:
    I was reading up on clamping. I don't know if Sainsbury's owns all the land their stores are on - but apparently, if it is not their land and they rent it off someone, their not allowed to enforce parking restrictions.
    Our Sainsburys car park, anyone can park for life I think! Dont have permits & a fair few staff are there hours!

ReputationRep:
    Oh our store has parking restrictions for colleagues and customers......Customers need to pay 3 pounds for 3 hours parking......but get money back if they spend 5 pounds.......colleagues have no permit to park.........so everyone needs to pay........so its useless coz its a ripoff if you work for 9 hours....

And after the sucess of CAREER SURGERIES now we are having CAREER SURGERIES 2 in our store........lol I was sticking up the posters myself yesterday.......It says book appointment with HR staff..........but hey!!!!!!! I dont know what to do when they come and ask me to book appoitmnet coz my manager hasnt given me any slots to book........so I managed to stick the posters before I finish my shift :d Cheeky

ReputationRep:
    We have 2 car parks. The main customer car park is owned by the council, and is Pay & Display. As the council own it, we don't refund money. The other car park is behind the store, which is for Staff at sainsbury's, the other shops near us like Carphone Warehouse, Costa, Natwest etc and the residents that live above the shops. To park there you need a permit, but they are really strict if you don't. The restrictions are enforced by Parking Control Services (i think that's the company) and I'm often seeing clamped cars there. The good thing for me is that I have guaranteed free parking 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, and theres always spaces!

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    This was in flippin Somerfields car park. I didn't notice the sign saying an hour and half max, & was in the hairdressers 3 hours. I knew there were a few reasons I hate Somerfields, apart from their chavvy style
    Oopsie I suppose they have a small limit because they are a small shop.
    You won't be parking there again now, will you!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to post this here,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the sainsburys recruitment page this morning as when I click to search for the jobs available it keeps redirecting me to the home page of sainsburys.
    Can someone else try this for me to make sure it's not my web browser
    and let me know
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLastSunrise.)
    Sorry to post this here,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the sainsburys recruitment page this morning as when I click to search for the jobs available it keeps redirecting me to the home page of sainsburys.
    Can someone else try this for me to make sure it's not my web browser
    and let me know
    Thank you
    Just tried it and it did the same to me :yep:
    I noticed there is a number you can call on the main page, prahaps give that a ring? Very strange ey.

ReputationRep:
    Ok Thank you

At least I know it must be something to do with the website.
    I'll wait a bit longer if not i'll give that number a ring.
    Thanks

Wait until tomorrow before phoning. They usually use Sundays to do maintenance on the site.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.