Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wait until tomorrow before phoning. They usually use Sundays to do maintenance on the site.
    Ok thank you, will do.

ReputationRep:
    is the cut off for pay day, today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    is the cut off for pay day, today?
    It was yesterday.

We're getting more overtime available now but I'm starting university again on the 14th so I won't be able to grab most of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    We're getting more overtime available now but I'm starting university again on the 14th so I won't be able to grab most of it
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    i already left on saturday and im goning to return everything tommorow, can i just go to the hr office and give it in? if i do, will i need to get a visitors badge or something?

Just go straight up. I'm sure people will be able to see what you're doing by the look of what you're carrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    ....I don't understand?
    I had been working with Sainsburys for 6 months and I got an email telling me to go to an interview at my store for the job I applied for 6 months previously - thing is, I had already had the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I had been working with Sainsburys for 6 months and I got an email telling me to go to an interview at my store for the job I applied for 6 months previously - thing is, I had already had the job.
    If you didn't attend that interview to begin with then, how had you gotten it if you'd never done the dvd test or whatever?

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    i already left on saturday and im goning to return everything tommorow, can i just go to the hr office and give it in? if i do, will i need to get a visitors badge or something?
    Like FXX said, you should be able to go straight up. However, to be on the safe side, you should consider signing in and getting a visitors badge.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, need to be quick on this one.

I have an interview this afternoon (1pm) and wanted to ask a couple of questions about the interview.

How formal is it? Should I wear my smart(ish) suit that I had for 6th form last year?
    How does the interview itself work? Group or individual and roughly what is involved.

Thanks.

*EDIT* Please don't tell me to search for this info as the search results page will not load on my computer.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was that formal (not that I have anything to compare it to), but nonetheless I wore smart-ish black trousers and a blouse to the interview. When I was there it was only me but I have heard they do it in groups, I guess it just depends on how many people are there on the day.

Basically, they play you a DVD and it goes through several scenarios which you have to choose on the paper as to what would be the best way to deal with it. After that there is a maths section (hardly surprising) and a sort of questionnaire bit asking if you strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree with each statement that is listed. Then you might be asked a few things like how would you get to work, clothes sizes in case you get hired, when you can start work, why you want the job etc - the usual sort of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    If you didn't attend that interview to begin with then, how had you gotten it if you'd never done the dvd test or whatever?
    They sent me the email to start with, I went to the interview etc, then 6 months later, I got another interview email. It was probabally a system glitch.

I didn't do the DVD test, I started at Sainsbury's before it was introduced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Ok, need to be quick on this one.

I have an interview this afternoon (1pm) and wanted to ask a couple of questions about the interview.

How formal is it? Should I wear my smart(ish) suit that I had for 6th form last year?
    How does the interview itself work? Group or individual and roughly what is involved.

Thanks.

*EDIT* Please don't tell me to search for this info as the search results page will not load on my computer.
    Formal interview is always the best bet. The interview is usually grouped with other people, but that can change. My interview was 1-to-1. It depends on who else applied, and the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. When I applied, there were 2 days for me to choose as to when to have my interview - so the day you pick might not be the day everyone else picked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Like FXX said, you should be able to go straight up. However, to be on the safe side, you should consider signing in and getting a visitors badge.
    hey whereismymind, do you know if they will send us our payslips or will we have to go and get it this friday? forgot to ask.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they will send them........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    hey whereismymind, do you know if they will send us our payslips or will we have to go and get it this friday? forgot to ask.
    I'm pretty sure when I left first time around, they sent me my payslip and p45 form

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is it weird that the job i didnt make the cut for is back on the website, same hours and all that?

Can i apply again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Guys, is it weird that the job i didnt make the cut for is back on the website, same hours and all that?

Can i apply again?
    Its not weird its just they found none of the candidates suitable so therefore they need to find more.

The system will prevent you applying again using your current account but you can set up a new account with a different email and it will let you through.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.