Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    hey whereismymind, do you know if they will send us our payslips or will we have to go and get it this friday? forgot to ask.
    I'm not too sure.

I know when I left (at this store) it was due to be mailed out to me, with me P(whatsit) in an envelope ready addressed and stamped. I just so happen to have popped in and it was there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Its not weird its just they found none of the candidates suitable so therefore they need to find more.

The system will prevent you applying again using your current account but you can set up a new account with a different email and it will let you through.
    Would they not find that strange that they would be interviewing the same person for the same job role again? lol

(Original post by Eddikins)
    Would they not find that strange that they would be interviewing the same person for the same job role again? lol
    No, not at all.

While I worked in the HR office, I occasionally printed the profile sheets (each time you're scheduled for an interview, the store will get an internal comms with your basic details on) and on several occasions I must have seen the same person have a couple of interviews, and sometimes for the same role.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Sainsbury's give references for checkout staff? Its just that everything we do is down on computer: the IPM etc: and the supervisors never seem to pay any attention to anyone apart from each other (well not in my store anyway! ) that I don't see how they can give genuine references.

(Original post by questionsquestions)
    Anyone know if Sainsbury's give references for checkout staff? Its just that everything we do is down on computer: the IPM etc: and the supervisors never seem to pay any attention to anyone apart from each other (well not in my store anyway! ) that I don't see how they can give genuine references.
    Sainsbury's give references (on request) to all its colleagues (who they feel warrant a reference).

I'm not too sure on the contents of a reference, because it was the only thing in HR that we weren't allowed to see (the references are written by the department manager and authorised by the PTM). But I'm sure there is enough to be included; even if it is a basic one. Punctuality, attendance, commitment, flexibility and general ability.

I can see your point, you're not 'watched' and thus the reference isn't wholly genuine, however, there is a lot of data recorded that can be used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    there used to be a quote here, just to get your attention

you started year 13 yet?

(Original post by BSJ)
    you started year 13 yet?
    I have

I had like an induction sort of thing on Friday and I had my first 'proper' day today

It's time to knuckle down :yep: and you? Hows it going?

ReputationRep:
    I've only got 2 shifts left til I leave!
    Last one is this saturday, 12 to 8.30. Three of us leaving that day

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a new job instore, not sure weather i have it or not, im hearing conflicting things.

ReputationRep:
    Handing in my notice this week as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    3.At the end of the transaction, if a customer gives you a gift card, at the tender screen press giftcard, and swipe the card, the till will then show the balance on the card, ask the customer how much they want to take off, enter the amount and press enter.
    Or if you just want a balance enquiry, press Gift Card on the scanning screen and press Balance Enquiry then swipe the card.
    When you say 'scanning screen' do you mean tender screen? And when you say 'balance enquiry', do you mean price enquiry? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    When you say 'scanning screen' do you mean tender screen? And when you say 'balance enquiry', do you mean price enquiry? :confused:
    Hmmm there is probably an option called "balance enquiry"... which you press the button next to it then it should say how much is on the card.

ReputationRep:
    All the uni workers who are handing in their notice, have you guys tried to ask for a transfer if you wanted to continue working during uni? Having my gap year and wondering what to do when my year ends since I got my place in my university already and it is in the West Mids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Its not in tender mode. I think you have to do it before scanning anything at all. So you finish the last transaction and then clear any messages like bag reuse and queue length. Then down the side there will be an option for Gift Card. press that and then a new menu will show up with a few options one of which will be Balance Enquiry press that and then it will ask you to swipe the card.

The Gift Card option in tender mode is different thats for redeeming a giftcard.

ReputationRep:
    It's been very nearly a week now so I will be giving them a call tomorrow for not getting back to me. I have a feeling I've not got the job already but, ah well.

They do have other jobs on their site but with college coming up soon and not knowing what times I'm there or not, I can't really apply for them blindly only to find I can't work the shifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonGazer)
    It's been very nearly a week now so I will be giving them a call tomorrow for not getting back to me. I have a feeling I've not got the job already but, ah well.

They do have other jobs on their site but with college coming up soon and not knowing what times I'm there or not, I can't really apply for them blindly only to find I can't work the shifts.
    Normally when they take long when you have got the job Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Its not in tender mode. I think you have to do it before scanning anything at all. So you finish the last transaction and then clear any messages like bag reuse and queue length. Then down the side there will be an option for Gift Card. press that and then a new menu will show up with a few options one of which will be Balance Enquiry press that and then it will ask you to swipe the card.

The Gift Card option in tender mode is different thats for redeeming a giftcard.
    OK, fair enough, but most people hand giftcards when they pay, not at the start of the transaction. Or at least they do with me.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.......I remember my Team leader saying that colleagues get 15% discount online...I tried to buy 2 ipod shuffles and it gave me only 10% discount.....Wonder why??? Also can we redeem our nectar points online???

ReputationRep:
    i think the 15% discount was for the site launch as a promo and ended on the last day of last month. and has no reverted to it's normal 10% rate.

ReputationRep:
    oh i see.........thanks for the info mate.......Wish it was 15% online

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.