Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I have never heard of a skip meeting (we have an 11am meeting each day but thats mainly just about budgets and targets and things) but in the past month or so they have changed the disposals process in my store. It now all has to go though one of the RSS guns, we used to just write it down on the sheet like you said but it now has to be scanned by the gun and the paperwork needs to be printed from the computer. You then have to put them in 2 of the clear rubbish bags and place them into a crate out the back. All very specific and they have been giving warnings of disaplinaries if you get it wrong.

Might just be my store though or a specific region trialing it.
    So if you had a leaking 6-pack of Coke cans, and you opened the multipack, got the leaking can out, tipped it away, etc, what do you write on the disposals sheet?

Do you write off the whole 6-pack, or just write '1 of 6' or something.

Because if you go to the skip meeting with coca cola 6x330ml on your print-off, it means you should be throwing away all 6 cans surely? Whereas in reality, you have 5 cans still sitting upstairs waiting to be reduced...

I am so confused by this, I need to ask somebody at work tomorrow. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    So if you had a leaking 6-pack of Coke cans, and you opened the multipack, got the leaking can out, tipped it away, etc, what do you write on the disposals sheet?

Because if you go to the skip meeting with coca cola 6x330ml on your print-off, it means you should be throwing away all 6 cans surely? Whereas in reality, you have 5 cans still sitting upstairs waiting to be reduced...

When they showed me how to do it there was actually a multipack of coke with a can leaking. They put it through as damaged and then disposed of the whole thing I think (Well the whole lot went into the bag of disposals. I don't know if the ok cans got removed afterwards.)

I always have to ask for help when doing them as I know what I'm doing when I am logged into the gun/computer but I don't have my own number and none of the ones I got told to use seem to work. So I have to get someone else to sign in for me.

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for a night shift vacancy in the morning and get a reply back in the evening letting me know I failed in answering some questions correctly.

This is crazy. How are they able to tell I'm not good enough by a simple questionnaire? Sucks!

Wonder if there's a list of 'correct' answers lying about somewhere...

More info... the vacancy was for a night position and I have a good few years exp. at another supermarket doing the exact same thing. I wonder if some college leaver who has no exp. in this job role answered the questions 'correctly' and will get interview atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshapple)
    Just applied for a night shift vacancy in the morning and get a reply back in the evening letting me know I failed in answering some questions correctly.

This is crazy. How are they able to tell I'm not good enough by a simple questionnaire? Sucks!

Wonder if there's a list of 'correct' answers lying about somewhere...

More info... the vacancy was for a night position and I have a good few years exp. at another supermarket doing the exact same thing. I wonder if some college leaver who has no exp. in this job role answered the questions 'correctly' and will get interview atleast.
    Calm down, it just makes their life easier as it filters the number of candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

We have a salvageable box, which is where the other 5 cans would go, or if something was disposed because it's packaging was creased, or a can was dented etc. They then reduce these things down, usually with the red "Grocery" labels.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I also applied online and found out this morning that I didn't pass the application process, because of some answers.

This is the second try now. I agree, how are these questions going to prove anything for hiring a candidate. I've worked in customer service, retail and hospitality. Never worked in a supermarket before, but don't they understand that we need to LEARN to get the job done!!!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    same here i received a email saying
    unfortunately, your responses indicate that you are not a good match for this specific role.
    guess ill have to re-apply

ReputationRep:
    I think I've asked a few times and had no response to this kind of question...

Let's say I want a change of department, how do I do it? I gather I have to write some kind of letter, but what would I include?

It's going to eat me inside cos I actually dread going back to work on Friday lol

ReputationRep:
    Ive just applied for a new job/department, i just spoke to HR, gave them a letter, spoke to people off that department too. No idea if ill get that job though.

ReputationRep:
    awwww im not a good match for sainsbury's finance graduate
    i knew my two A level final year business study exam fails will come back to haunt me, fell from a B (which would be enough) to a D. only got 280 UCAS points they want 320.

Might consider the Merchandising scheme, I like my current position as GM assistant so this looks a move up. but i like my numbers though, don't know whether to sacrifice my love for sainsbury's or numbers :woo:

ReputationRep:
    awwww im not a good match for sainsbury's finance graduate
    i knew my two A level final year business study exam fails will come back to haunt me, fell from a B (which would be enough) to a D. only got 280 UCAS points they want 320.

Might consider the Merchandising scheme, I like my current position as GM assistant so this looks a move up. but i like my numbers though, don't know whether to sacrifice my love for sainsbury's or numbers :woo:

Oh and they have their crazy questionnaire on the application process too, questions cannot get more repetitive, i'm sure they are designed to catch people out, such as if i ranked minimising risk as more important than recoginition, but then later rank minimising risk as least important and recognition as the one in the middle. surely that won't look good.
    think the best way to approach it may be to list all the options and rank them from that big list and answer those questions from the list you compiled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    That's pretty much what we do. However, checkouts log the disposals there through the computer on RSS.
    Whereas I just dump it in the warehouse where other people will sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    So I just found out, you can't apply for the same role you've been rejected from for another 6 months if you fail the test. Seems like they give you 6 months to learn the correct way to deal with all those scenarios on your tod.

I've just registered again with another email address, hoping to see if I can get through still. Should be fun.

So I just found out, you can't apply for the same role you've been rejected from for another 6 months if you fail the test. Seems like they give you 6 months to learn the correct way to deal with all those scenarios on your tod.
    It's the same for most places.

I've just registered again with another email address, hoping to see if I can get through still. Should be fun.
    It's the only way around it.

Good Luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted an offer to work on early shift in online shopping as it's perfect finishing at 10am then I can go to Uni after. But have a question about the induction.

They said it's Sat 07:00 - 19:00 and Sun 09:00 - 17:00. Does anyone know if the Sat is a full 12 hours, as got something in the evening and want to try and judge whether I'll make it or not.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Just accepted an offer to work on early shift in online shopping as it's perfect finishing at 10am then I can go to Uni after. But have a question about the induction.

They said it's Sat 07:00 - 19:00 and Sun 09:00 - 17:00. Does anyone know if the Sat is a full 12 hours, as got something in the evening and want to try and judge whether I'll make it or not.

Thanks
    Most of the time it is full but it can finish earlier but it isn't guaranteed!

ReputationRep:
    2 day offs overtime this weekend :\ I enjoy working but have been given overtime so quickly that I havent been able 2 do the stuff I need to do, I want to go gym during my 4 days off but twice now they have asked me to work in the weekend and I hate saying no grrr damn my niceness! lol

ReputationRep:
    Can Nobody Answer And Tell Me What The Interview Is Like Lol????????????????????????????? ?????????? :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *C*)
    Can Nobody Answer And Tell Me What The Interview Is Like Lol????????????????????????????? ?????????? :d
    Well we're not allowed to say what the questions will be. If you read back through the thread this question has been answer loads of times thats all the info the forum rules allow us to give away.

After Saturday I have a fortnight off that I never realised until yesterday. Not a complaint :P

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.