Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i best have my holiday form back today with my holidays approved, otherwise ill cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Well we're not allowed to say what the questions will be. If you read back through the thread this question has been answer loads of times thats all the info the forum rules allow us to give away.
    It isn't really the questions just what happens in the dvd part? Is it just on sales and you have to answer questions?
    Also I have another job atm and would like to keep working in that as well however on a monday the hours clash, do you think sainsburys would let me work another night instead of a monday if I explain to them ? and is there alot of overtime at christmas etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *C*)
    It isn't really the questions just what happens in the dvd part? Is it just on sales and you have to answer questions?
    Also I have another job atm and would like to keep working in that as well however on a monday the hours clash, do you think sainsburys would let me work another night instead of a monday if I explain to them ? and is there alot of overtime at christmas etc?
    i never had the dvd thing at my interview even though that email told me i would. But that was over a year ago.
    Basically you just need common sense, its all lol nothing to worry about. its easy.

they might do but i wouldnt advertise it tbh because i bet there is other people who will happily do the hours you have and not have other commitments.

And yes there is loads of overtime at christmas, but it depends on the budgets and demand. Mostly thursdays, fridays,saturdays and sundays are the busiest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    i never had the dvd thing at my interview even though that email told me i would. But that was over a year ago.
    Basically you just need common sense, its all lol nothing to worry about. its easy.

they might do but i wouldnt advertise it tbh because i bet there is other people who will happily do the hours you have and not have other commitments.

And yes there is loads of overtime at christmas, but it depends on the budgets and demand. Mostly thursdays, fridays,saturdays and sundays are the busiest.
    What will I say at the interview about my current job then? I was thinking of saying that I work less hours in my job just now and if I could work it out so the hours don't clash I would do both although I would just work for Sainsburys if I couldn't work anything out. I dont know what to do :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    Here's the dilema. Online shopping stops the 21st of december (something like that anyway) yet we are due to work those days. Soooooo, if you have no holiday left to book, can you take those days off unpaid, or do you have to go in & work on another dept? Will ask when i'm back there saturday, but just wondered if anyone knew the answer beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *C*)
    What will I say at the interview about my current job then? I was thinking of saying that I work less hours in my job just now and if I could work it out so the hours don't clash I would do both although I would just work for Sainsburys if I couldn't work anything out. I dont know what to do :confused: lol
    The would probably just want you to work there and not have the second job. They might get funny about it.
    How many hours are you doing currently at your job? & How many is the sainsburys job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    The would probably just want you to work there and not have the second job. They might get funny about it.
    How many hours are you doing currently at your job? & How many is the sainsburys job?
    I am working 6 hours at the moment (it is set shifts as well) and the Sainsburys is a 12 hour contract, but I really want to be working around 20 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Here's the dilema. Online shopping stops the 21st of december (something like that anyway) yet we are due to work those days. Soooooo, if you have no holiday left to book, can you take those days off unpaid, or do you have to go in & work on another dept? Will ask when i'm back there saturday, but just wondered if anyone knew the answer beforehand?
    I imagine they'd be very busy around then so would want you there to help with another department, can't be sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys are selling xmas stuff already?!

ReputationRep:
    whats the number to the absence line, i dont seem to have it thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lAscend)
    whats the number to the absence line, i dont seem to have it thanks :p:
    Each stores one is different I think :\

ReputationRep:
    Yup, all stores our different, ours is a mobile phone thats in store all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Sainsburys are selling xmas stuff already?!
    Yup we have crimbo cakes on sale, and all the selection boxes and stuff are sat waiting to go onto the shelves. We havnt even received any halloween stuff yet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    I imagine they'd be very busy around then so would want you there to help with another department, can't be sure though.
    Thats true, you're probably right. I dont mind I guess. I'm only there 4 hours per shift. But I hate toys!!! And there will be looooads of those. Can never find the darn things, or there are already too many on the shelf & half the time they're not dressed in anyway! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can''t wait til Christmas Does anyone stores have the ban against taking holidays in the 2 weeks at Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard we cant have crimbo week off, which is a bit crap its a week id quiet like to go home. But, i did book it off ages ago, and its down in the book as me being off, so have to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I can''t wait til Christmas Does anyone stores have the ban against taking holidays in the 2 weeks at Christmas?
    Nah, ours is alright. I just didn't plan ahead! lol I have booked the bank holidays off, so I have 4 days straight off over xmas & the bank holiday after it, whenever that is. Doesn't sound a lot, but it is to me, I work every other day!
    Just checked, its monday 28th dec & Jan 2nd ive booked off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Ive heard we cant have crimbo week off, which is a bit crap its a week id quiet like to go home. But, i did book it off ages ago, and its down in the book as me being off, so have to see.
    I expect you've got it then :yep: If others haven't booked it, chances are you've got it.

(Original post by Untitled258)
    Yup we have crimbo cakes on sale, and all the selection boxes and stuff are sat waiting to go onto the shelves. We havnt even received any halloween stuff yet :rolleyes:
    Yep same. Thankfully it's only a few shelves at the moment, and nothing has been moved around. Won't be long before everything starts moving to the wrong end of the store though, which is a right pain in the arse for online shopping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yep same. Thankfully it's only a few shelves at the moment, and nothing has been moved around. Won't be long before everything starts moving to the wrong end of the store though, which is a right pain in the arse for online shopping.
    Oh no, I'm dreading that. We have a few xmas bits in the bakery aisle. And what was there before has been moved opposite, but we are reloacating those on the gun. Not looking forward to xmas when it all goes ti**!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.