Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yep same. Thankfully it's only a few shelves at the moment, and nothing has been moved around. Won't be long before everything starts moving to the wrong end of the store though, which is a right pain in the arse for online shopping.
    Haha, have fun with that.

Im on BWS though, im sure that ill have stuff in random places about the store which i can never find. I hate promo and plinths and stacks and whatever, makes it an arse to do FOA of a morn.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure price control are the full ticket in our store. Took a customer to draw attention to it. We had a particular white wine on offer today, one end of the aisle they were 3 for £10, the other end of the aisle they were 2 for £7. The 3 for £10 ended in august....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I'm not sure price control are the full ticket in our store. Took a customer to draw attention to it. We had a particular white wine on offer today, one end of the aisle they were 3 for £10, the other end of the aisle they were 2 for £7. The 3 for £10 ended in august....
    I hope it wasn't the MYSTERY customer. Tbh our store, we fail at stuff. lol

ReputationRep:
    Been told it's smart casual dress for the induction, what exactly is permitted and what's not? Are 'smart' jeans allowed with shoes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Been told it's smart casual dress for the induction, what exactly is permitted and what's not? Are 'smart' jeans allowed with shoes?
    We wore jeans :yep: Black ones.

Looking back I dressed as a bit of a chav for the induction haha. No one cares though, you're sitting in the training room most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I think i had jeans and a tee-shirt and hoody :dontknow: I think i pretty much had the same for the interview too haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    When I got my phone call they said no jeans or trainers. Black trousers are your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    We had Pepsi at "£1 each" and "2 for £2.60"
    I swear our store is really rubbish at price control.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, ours is alright. I just didn't plan ahead! lol I have booked the bank holidays off, so I have 4 days straight off over xmas & the bank holiday after it, whenever that is. Doesn't sound a lot, but it is to me, I work every other day!
    Just checked, its monday 28th dec & Jan 2nd ive booked off.
    Weirdly Boxing day is not the 26th (well that is what it said on my holiday form) but on the 28th this year as it is said that if Boxing day or the 26th December falls on the weekend, the public holiday is moved to the next weekday!

This year Boxing day is on a Saturday! Meaning I'll be working on the Bank holiday which is alright I guess, getting paid £2.53 on bank holidays...thankfully I will not be working on Christmas eve/day or New years eve/day so yayy

ReputationRep:
    wooo pay day, 850 big notes, my fattest pay packet yet :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Is it 3 times off ill within the first 12 months and you face a disciplinary? I've been off sick twice in the last 3 months and have had some crappy cold (i'm starting to think I have swine flu) the last 3 days, I should be back tomorrow but still feel like *****. My mum is telling me to ring in sick but I don't want to get told off. Also i'm leaving in about 2 weeks so they might just think i'm taking the michael... I really can't work on checkouts if I have to blow my nose every 2 minutes though :s:

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my online banking and I got my usual wage this month.. thought we were getting our annual rise of about 2.5% this month? I realised not all of it would be on this wage but I thought a bit would...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)
    Is it 3 times off ill within the first 12 months and you face a disciplinary? I've been off sick twice in the last 3 months and have had some crappy cold (i'm starting to think I have swine flu) the last 3 days, I should be back tomorrow but still feel like *****. My mum is telling me to ring in sick but I don't want to get told off. Also i'm leaving in about 2 weeks so they might just think i'm taking the michael... I really can't work on checkouts if I have to blow my nose every 2 minutes though :s:
    Yeah if you're ill 3 times or more in a year I think they will bring you in for a disciplinary.. although you've already called in sick this week one more day wouldn't really make a difference to those 3, as they count it as each time you are ill I think. I've only ever called in sick twice in 2 years though so I don't have any experience in this really.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't accountable for what they might think of you, if you think you are unable to work due to your illness, don't come in, you know you are taking the piss so if they think otherwise, it is just their bad judgement.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't face rining up, you could go in and then 20 mins later tell your manager you shouldnt have come in because your too ill -shrug-

ReputationRep:
    I worked last Saturday, do I get paid for that day? or was the cut off point then?

I am confused because I got £80 less than I was expecting to get

got £89.63 (only started on Wednesday)

Wednesday - 9 or 9:10am (was a bit late) - 5:45pm = 8 hours and 45 minutes - (45 minute lunch + 15 short time) = 7 hours 45 minutes
    Thursday - 9am-4:45pm =7 hours and 45 mins - 1 hour lunch = 6 hours and 45 minutes
    Friday - 2pm-6pm = 4 hours
    Saturday (overtime) - 9:30am - 5:30pm = 8 hours - 1 hour lunch = 7 hours

TOTAL = 25 hours and 30 minutes x 6.3 = 160.65 (rounded up)

If I deduct taxing which I haven't even done before with NI (which should occur if weekly they make £110 or over), 11% of that pay should be around £17.60 and I am not aware of other taxing but I am a bit...disgruntled. Was meant to purchase my £99 gym membership as well...hmmm are there any possible deductions that I may not know about or do you think I have been paid wrongly!

Also as I worked at Sainsburys 6 months ago, is the cut off point still Sunday?? (so if I was to ever work the Sunday before pay day... I wont get paid for it until the month after) because if that changed to Saturday then perhaps it would make sense why they havent paid me for Saturday but even with the deductions, I still come off short .. according to my pay, I worked 14 hours but worked 18.5 hours from Wednesday - Friday

*shakes head*

Too early for all this math! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Just checked my online banking and I got my usual wage this month.. thought we were getting our annual rise of about 2.5% this month? I realised not all of it would be on this wage but I thought a bit would...
    It went up on sunday, so we won't benefit until next pay day.

ReputationRep:
    Ive only got half my wages really ( Bloomin overdraft LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I worked last Saturday, do I get paid for that day? or was the cut off point then?

I am confused because I got £80 less than I was expecting to get

got £89.63 (only started on Wednesday)

Wednesday - 9 or 9:10am (was a bit late) - 5:45pm = 8 hours and 45 minutes - (45 minute lunch + 15 short time) = 7 hours 45 minutes
    Thursday - 9am-4:45pm =7 hours and 45 mins - 1 hour lunch = 6 hours and 45 minutes
    Friday - 2pm-6pm = 4 hours
    Saturday (overtime) - 9:30am - 5:30pm = 8 hours - 1 hour lunch = 7 hours

TOTAL = 25 hours and 30 minutes x 6.3 = 160.65 (rounded up)

If I deduct taxing which I haven't even done before with NI (which should occur if weekly they make £110 or over), 11% of that pay should be around £17.60 and I am not aware of other taxing but I am a bit...disgruntled. Was meant to purchase my £99 gym membership as well...hmmm are there any possible deductions that I may not know about or do you think I have been paid wrongly!

Also as I worked at Sainsburys 6 months ago, is the cut off point still Sunday?? (so if I was to ever work the Sunday before pay day... I wont get paid for it until the month after) because if that changed to Saturday then perhaps it would make sense why they havent paid me for Saturday but even with the deductions, I still come off short .. according to my pay, I worked 14 hours but worked 18.5 hours from Wednesday - Friday

*shakes head*

Too early for all this math! lol
    The cut off day is sunday. So any work you've done since sunday just gone will be in next months packet.

I'm assuming you haven't picked up your payslip yet? That will tell you everything. How much you worked, how much tax etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.