Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    The cut off day is sunday. So any work you've done since sunday just gone will be in next months packet.

I'm assuming you haven't picked up your payslip yet? That will tell you everything. How much you worked, how much tax etc
    Doing overtime tomorrow so I'll go get my pay slip then I guess hmmm

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last week Thursday and phoned them up yesterday to see if i got the job, they said i was successful (:woo: ) and said they'll contact me with details for induction and stuff, how long shall i expect to wait for them to get back to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    It went up on sunday, so we won't benefit until next pay day.
    Ah I see, thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wanna go to work tonight, anyone mind if I just give it a miss? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Don't wanna go to work tonight, anyone mind if I just give it a miss? :p:

i'd either go or phone in sick, but if you phone in sick you may not get paid.

(Original post by Leighthesim)
    i'd either go or phone in sick, but if you phone in sick you may not get paid.
    You make it sound like it's a lottery whether you get paid or not when you phone in sick :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Just checked my online banking and I got my usual wage this month.. thought we were getting our annual rise of about 2.5% this month? I realised not all of it would be on this wage but I thought a bit would...
    The pay rise only comes into effect this pay period - why would they make things difficult for themselves by starting the payrise in the middle of one :p:?

ReputationRep:
    How should I know? I just heard from someone that it comes into effect in September so assumed it was the beginning of the month.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, for the second period in a row I've been overpaid.

This time by 16 hours :ninja:. I don't think I'm going to query that with HR...

(Overpaid because they neglected to shorttime my authorised absence when on holiday. I pointed this out to my dept. manager and he merely said "Oh, that's weird", which I take as fulfilling my moral obligations to inform Sainsburys that they overpaid me. I did, however, receive less than I hoped, because they taxed me on an emergency code, despite me having submitted a P38.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    How should I know? I just heard from someone that it comes into effect in September so assumed it was the beginning of the month.
    Yeh, it came into effect this week at the beginning of the period

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone get the payrise? I get under 18's rate of £4.85 atm and would like to know if it's gonna go up! Is it actually going up for everyone?

Getting measure for new uniforms in two weeks, can anyone tell me what the jist is? I thought the uniforms usually came in sizes like 8/10/etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wastedxtime)
    Does everyone get the payrise? I get under 18's rate of £4.85 atm and would like to know if it's gonna go up! Is it actually going up for everyone?

Getting measure for new uniforms in two weeks, can anyone tell me what the jist is? I thought the uniforms usually came in sizes like 8/10/etc
    Yeah it's a whole company rise so everyone gets it. The blouse I got was a woman's sizing. I wear a size 6 at home and requested one but the blouse I got that says 6 on it was at least a size 8. Probably bigger in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh that's good, for some reason our stor'es not been told about this, the good old Sainsburys TSR Thread always informs me

and thanks! I'm rather looking forwards to ditching my orange fleece, it's so massive and it's only a small!

ReputationRep:
    Freaking great, was meant to do overtime this weekend but there has been a some problems with my aunt in birmingham and we got to go there asap, I could've stayed but my parents didn't want to leave me alone at home for 2 days! Called the absence line but was told that it could effect my employment since it is my probationary period...

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Freaking great, was meant to do overtime this weekend but there has been a some problems with my aunt in birmingham and we got to go there asap, I could've stayed but my parents didn't want to leave me alone at home for 2 days! Called the absence line but was told that it could effect my employment since it is my probationary period...
    Indeed correct. Once you've agreed to overtime, it is treated the same as your contracted hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Indeed correct. Once you've agreed to overtime, it is treated the same as your contracted hours.
    Darn! In the car right now just hoping they wont fire me I am a good worker, just that this month is becoming too eventful! Had a christening last week and now my aunt is going through family problems (N) plus I got paid £80 less. This is just not my month!

You think they'll terminate my contract?

Darn! In the car right now just hoping they wont fire me I am a good worker, just that this month is becoming too eventful! Had a christening last week and now my aunt is going through family problems (N) plus I got paid £80 less. This is just not my month!

You think they'll terminate my contract?
    I'm sure they'll appreciate the extenuating circumstances. However, you need to bare in mind your contractual agreements

If I were your manager, I wouldn't terminate your contract. But if you make a habit out of it (which I'm not saying you will) and you start taking advantage (and essentially the piss!) then I won't be a happy-bunny!

I know that at times things like this happen, and it's beyond your control. However, Sainsbury's is a business and like every other business, it's out there to make profit. In order to do so, it needs efficient management of it's expenses and resources. If you have someone that is taking too much time off (and they couldn't care for what reason) and you have the ability to dismiss them - I doubt they would think twice.. (Yes! I'm still bitter at Sainsbury's! :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they'll appreciate the extenuating circumstances. However, you need to bare in mind your contractual agreements

If I were your manager, I wouldn't terminate your contract. But if you make a habit out of it (which I'm not saying you will) and you start taking advantage (and essentially the piss!) then I won't be a happy-bunny!

I know that at times things like this happen, and it's beyond your control. However, Sainsbury's is a business and like every other business, it's out there to make profit. In order to do so, it needs efficient management of it's expenses and resources. If you have someone that is taking too much time off (and they couldn't care for what reason) and you have the ability to dismiss them - I doubt they would think twice.. (Yes! I'm still bitter at Sainsbury's! :mad: )
    Well I am sure that there wont be any more disruptions (I hope), I think I shall skip out on the overtime for a month because anything could happen (well it seems it for me) and I don't want to put pressure on myself, and provide a commitment to something that I am not obligated to do!

Fingers crossed nevertheless!

Hope all is well with you You have been great help to me.

Well I am sure that there wont be any more disruptions (I hope), I think I shall skip out on the overtime for a month because anything could happen (well it seems it for me) and I don't want to put pressure on myself, and provide a commitment to something that I am not obligated to do!

Fingers crossed nevertheless!

Hope all is well with you You have been great help to me.

You are more than welcome hun

I do hope all is well with your aunt. :hug:

ReputationRep:
    You are more than welcome hun

I do hope all is well with your aunt. :hug:
    :hug: Hope so too, my dad is being quiet about it all which is not good but there have been problems with her husband... he can be violent towards her so I presume something happened :sad: hmm

Back to work on Monday, just hope it wont be weird or uncomfortable

but must be optimistic, I'll be back soon buh-bye x

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.