Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Cost of living...
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Its more expensive to live in London than it is to live in say - Yorkshire.
    Ahh i see, that makes sense :o:
    I used to work in a store in Eastbourne when I was 17, I got 4.67 now I live in Plymouth, my friend who's 17 gets 4.44.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    Ahh i see, that makes sense :o:
    I used to work in a store in Eastbourne when I was 17, I got 4.67 now I live in Plymouth, my friend who's 17 gets 4.44.
    (Live in London) I got paid (when I was 17) £5.35 which is nearly a pound difference. Now as an 18 year old I get paid £6.30 but in places like Birmingham 18 year old's can get paid £5.77 or something which was shocking to me at first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    That's...Reassuring. I'm having to have today off as I have the "freshers" flu - although it's passing around my Sixth form college instead :p:
    Ooops, good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    (Live in London) I got paid (when I was 17) £5.35 which is nearly a pound difference. Now as an 18 year old I get paid £6.30 but in places like Birmingham 18 year old's can get paid £5.77 or something which was shocking to me at first.
    Are my own store colleuges the only people that get £6.60 an hour?!

ReputationRep:
    Some areas in London get paid £6.64 but that's for those who are 18 and over.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    We start off on that I think :yep:

ReputationRep:
    phoning my checkout manager in a min urgh.

I need to tell her i cant work a certain night anymore thanks to uni giving me a stupid and awkward timetable lol. She is going to be angry.

urgh i actually dont want to do this because she normally goes crazy lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    phoning my checkout manager in a min urgh.

I need to tell her i cant work a certain night anymore thanks to uni giving me a stupid and awkward timetable lol. She is going to be angry.

urgh i actually dont want to do this because she normally goes crazy lol.
    Wish you the best of luck lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Wish you the best of luck lol

thanks
    i got everything sorted,

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how often we can order new uniforms? I started last november, but need another fleece. Are they likely to go for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Does anyone know how often we can order new uniforms? I started last november, but need another fleece. Are they likely to go for that?
    Yes, tell them you lost it or something if they ask why. They can order replenishment's for the uniform stock, as long as you have the new uniform, there shouldn't be a problem.

I got another confirmation of my resignation today!

From HRSS (oddly) asking if I could return my discount card, uniform (which I don't have), my badge and other property belonging to J Sainsbury's PLC.

I'm not asking for a 'we miss you so much, and once you've finished wiping the tears - like we have, if you could return xyz, that would be appreciated', but this letter seemed rather blunt and rude. It was more of a; 'Return what is ours.. or we'll get you'. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol one of the new colleague who joined with lots of under 18's got his first pay and he was shocked to death to see under 18's pay to him and he is not under 18 lol.........

ReputationRep:
    Currently applying for a job as a General Assistant...

ReputationRep:
    Which store.. Braehead?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be nackered this week;

tues, weds, fri 5 - 9 pm
    sat 1 - 9 pm
    sun 8.30 - 4.30 pm

28 hours in one week if im right?

ReputationRep:
    Had my Return to Work meeting with my line manager and everything seems cool

Got my wage slip and they have seriously taken the piss, they didnt pay me for my till training, my overtime was only 5 hours and 45 minutes thought I actually worked 7 hours (included the deducted hour for lunch) and for induction apparently we were there for 12 hours (N) which is utter nonsense... we did (including the deducted 1 hour lunches each day) 14 and a half hours.

And the HR had the nerve to tell me that deducting the 1 hour lunch for my overtime will give me 6 hours, but 9:30-5:30 = 8 hours - 1 hour lunch = 7 hours!

Gosh they need to do their freaking maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkp2009)

tues, weds, fri 5 - 9 pm
    sat 1 - 9 pm
    sun 8.30 - 4.30 pm

yep but don't forget deducting the 1 hour lunches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Which store.. Braehead?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkp2009)

tues, weds, fri 5 - 9 pm
    sat 1 - 9 pm
    sun 8.30 - 4.30 pm

Pfft, this is my time table for the past week...

Last monday.. 7-3
    tues 7-3
    thurs, 7-3
    fri, 7-3
    sat, 7-3
    sun, 7-12
    today 7-3
    tomorrow, 7-3
    thurs, 7-3
    and fri 7-3
    ( the AM starts)

:p:

And before i started that i did 8 days in a row, totaling 62 hours.

Yeahhh i win the battle of working too much :cry:

I've done so may 40 hour weeks over the past 4 months its ridicules.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.