The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

XCRUSHESX
:biggrin: yep but don't forget deducting the 1 hour lunches!

woahhh? 1 Hour lunch? What? I get 30 mins when i do an 8 hour shift?
Untitled258
woahhh? 1 Hour lunch? What? I get 30 mins when i do an 8 hour shift?

:O really? I did an 8 hour shift 2 saturdays ago and got a 1 hour lunch which was deducted from my pay *weeps*
XCRUSHESX
:O really? I did an 8 hour shift 2 saturdays ago and got a 1 hour lunch which was deducted from my pay *weeps*

Well i get paid for the while shift, i just always think 30 mins break for 8 hours is a bit crap, especially as i work so much.
Untitled258
Well i get paid for the while shift, i just always think 30 mins break for 8 hours is a bit crap, especially as i work so much.

It is, but personally I hate breaks because it drags out the day for me :frown:
Breaks mean ou can have a cup of tea and a sit down! Its lovely.

Im going to bed now, im in work at 7am ha. fun times.
Untitled258
Breaks mean ou can have a cup of tea and a sit down! Its lovely.

Im going to bed now, im in work at 7am ha. fun times.

Lol I work on checkout so I am always sitting down (N) though a cuppa does sound great :p:

Have a nice day at work :smile: xxx
Reply 1286
I'm off until Sunday :biggrin:
i once did one weekend
friday 8.30-8.30
saturday 10-10
sunday 8.30-4.30
i really felt crap that sunday due to lack of sleep
but last weekend with a cold, i did 5-10 on a saturday followed by playing rock band till 1am followed by 8.30-4.30 on the sunday, my boss thought i looked really rough on the sunday (especially after i spilt soup down myself when i knocked it off the shelf and it exploded over me) fun times!
C274
Yeah :smile:

Cool.. only knew that since your location is Glasgow and its the only place really hiring right now haha. Most of thems for TU clothing and electricals departments, right? I wish that store was nearer me. Their shifts going right now are better than mines a couple have no weekends!
XCRUSHESX
:biggrin: yep but don't forget deducting the 1 hour lunches!

I assume that on my 6-10am early shift I won't get a break - I mean actually I don't want one, I want the 4 hours pay! :yep:
Reply 1290
miracleboy
I assume that on my 6-10am early shift I won't get a break - I mean actually I don't want one, I want the 4 hours pay! :yep:

Nah, no break on a 4 hour shift. Although when I did 6-10 as overtime on Sunday and we finished at 9.30 I got a half hour 'break' before I clocked out. My manager insisted :p:
Wow, just checked my account... £2.45 left, only got paid on Friday LOL but it was only £89 so I don't feel too bad about my spending habits :p:
Reply 1292
I had an interview on Saturday how long do they take to get back to you usually? and if you aren't successful do they still let you know?
*C*
I had an interview on Saturday how long do they take to get back to you usually? and if you aren't successful do they still let you know?

They normally email you if you are successful within a couple of days. It can take from 1 - 1 month sometimes for HRSS to get back to you about your interview. I think what most people do is call up HRSS and ask about the status of their interview :smile:.

08456023860 < that should be the number!
Reply 1294
hey guys just got a job, sainsburys stacking at nights, i was wondering what kind of shoes do the guys wear, i asked the manager he goes hes not too fussy even trainers cos its nights, but im gonna wear shoes anyway.

where do i get some really comfortable black shoes?
Reply 1295
^^^ Mens shoes !!
Jindy
^^^ Mens shoes !!

Try shoe zone they are cheap, last a good few shifts (done three months in mine so far) and they are really comfortable, but if they don't mind what you wear you could get a pair of comfy black trainers, i only have shoes as i work in shop open hours as well (2-10) as closed, night fill!!
Leighthesim
Try shoe zone they are cheap, last a good few shifts (done three months in mine so far) and they are really comfortable, but if they don't mind what you wear you could get a pair of comfy black trainers, i only have shoes as i work in shop open hours as well (2-10) as closed, night fill!!

I'm interested to know- do many girls do the night shift? :tongue:
I do night fill- so only untill 10, but i was offered the night shift as overtime over summer, then they realised that i am too young to do night shift, but i would have done it if i could have, would have been a laugh seeing my boss come in at 7am when i am going home, but i think night shifts are mainly guys, because the nature of night shift work- is all shelf stacking whilst most girls would prefer to be on a checkout.
Leighthesim
I do night fill- so only untill 10, but i was offered the night shift as overtime over summer, then they realised that i am too young to do night shift, but i would have done it if i could have, would have been a laugh seeing my boss come in at 7am when i am going home, but i think night shifts are mainly guys, because the nature of night shift work- is all shelf stacking whilst most girls would prefer to be on a checkout.

Boo! I have an interview tomorrow for night shift position (I need something, anything!) and although it's not a big issue I did wonder if it would be mainly guys. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending