Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    yeah, the uniform sizes are shockingly bad My trousers are like tents.
    Thats why I wear my own Next black trousers lol I even wear black jogging bottoms (bought from sainsburys) but those go baggy on the knees, so I dont wear them much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Right I was stupid enough to give my sister my discount card (she is the signed second user) and she was stupid enough to give it to her husband. Her husband was stupid enough to shop in sainsburys using my discount card and he ver even very stupid stupid enough to give away his nectar points to the nesxt customer in the queue as he hasnt got nectar card.....is it gonna be a problem with the eagle eye???????
    Oh dear. You might be alright, but we had a woman sacked in our dept for letting her daughter use her discount card. And her daughter lived in the same house. She got her job back after a few weeks after appealing. I'm not sure how they found out about it though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear......its the Eagle eye software we use in sainsburys which flags up everytime if there are any irregularities with discount cards and nectar cards........I am doomed

(Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Right I was stupid enough to give my sister my discount card (she is the signed second user) and she was stupid enough to give it to her husband. Her husband was stupid enough to shop in sainsburys using my discount card and he ver even very stupid stupid enough to give away his nectar points to the nesxt customer in the queue as he hasnt got nectar card.....is it gonna be a problem with the eagle eye???????
    No! You'll be fine. Besides, discount card anomaly use is flagged on large purchases; TVs, General Electricals etc. If it was a normal shop it's highly unlikely it will have been flagged and if it was, the chances of you being prosecuted are minimal.

In most cases, those that get investigated and dismissed are those that do it all the time and have been reported by the checkout staff - hence you're asked to verify discount cards and the holders etc.

I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    No! You'll be fine. Besides, discount card anomaly use is flagged on large purchases; TVs, General Electricals etc. If it was a normal shop it's highly unlikely it will have been flagged and if it was, the chances of you being prosecuted are minimal.

In most cases, those that get investigated and dismissed are those that do it all the time and have been reported by the checkout staff - hence you're asked to verify discount cards and the holders etc.

I wouldn't worry about it!
    Aaaaaaah thanks now I am breathing slowly.......:yep: :yep: :yep: I guess he bought few choclates worth 10 to 20 pounds. Thanks for the info....

ReputationRep:
    I like how the online shopper role i applied for has reappeared on the website twice now.

Not really sure what they expect out of people if noones managed to get it yet. unless everyone failed miserably at the dvd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    I like how the online shopper role i applied for has reappeared on the website twice now.

Not really sure what they expect out of people if noones managed to get it yet. unless everyone failed miserably at the dvd.
    Very strange! I think the only reason I got the job is because I said I like shopping. There isn't a lot else that would qualify you really! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Very strange! I think the only reason I got the job is because I said I like shopping. There isn't a lot else that would qualify you really! lol
    The reasons i can think of as to why i didnt get it could be:
    I have no experience,
    They didnt think i could handle the early hours,
    I said i would prefer to start after my holiday (which would mean starting on the 26th or onwards)
    Or just that i did bad at the test.

But then why someone else hasnt got it is a mystery :confused:

EDIT: Also, whilst thinking about it, as it says i cant apply for the same role again for (i cant remember the exact amount) months, if there is a xmas temp online shopper, and i want to apply for it, will the system not let me because of my previous application?

ReputationRep:
    I have just received my university timetable and it clashes with two days i am working, and they are my contracted hours do you think i might be able to get them changed?

(Original post by wilkinson91)
    I have just received my university timetable and it clashes with two days i am working, and they are my contracted hours do you think i might be able to get them changed?
    Only one way to find out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkinson91)
    Yeah, I've had to do that for the past couple of years, it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    The reasons i can think of as to why i didnt get it could be:
    I have no experience,
    They didnt think i could handle the early hours,
    I said i would prefer to start after my holiday (which would mean starting on the 26th or onwards)
    Or just that i did bad at the test.

But then why someone else hasnt got it is a mystery :confused:

EDIT: Also, whilst thinking about it, as it says i cant apply for the same role again for (i cant remember the exact amount) months, if there is a xmas temp online shopper, and i want to apply for it, will the system not let me because of my previous application?
    I would try re applying with a different email address & see if that works. The most likely out of those reasons you gave, would be the date you can start. I know for a fact I didn't get all the questions right on the test at the interview. I dont think they would have an opinion about the early start, as they dont know you, & as for the no experience? Nah. Its easy peasy lemon squeezy! Someone shows you the first day how to use the shopping gun, there's nothing to it. Its not an experience type of job! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview on sat and they said it could be up to a week before I hear anything but I am begining to doubt it now lol the woman said I passed the actual face to face interview and they just had to check my scores in the dvd part, I want the job so badd though !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *C*)
    I had an interview on sat and they said it could be up to a week before I hear anything but I am begining to doubt it now lol the woman said I passed the actual face to face interview and they just had to check my scores in the dvd part, I want the job so badd though !
    Don't worry! only 2 people are interviewed for a position so there a 50/50 chance you will get the job and you have already had your interview which means you can call HRSS now - 08456023860 and if all doesn't go well, get another email address and apply again! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Don't worry! only 2 people are interviewed for a position so there a 50/50 chance you will get the job and you have already had your interview which means you can call HRSS now - 08456023860 and if all doesn't go well, get another email address and apply again! lol
    I cant apply again as the jobs are taken off the site now! lol I phoned them yesterday and the guy said that Sainsburys haven't updated my status yet so it could be early next week until I hear. When I login to the site my status is still First Stage Interview so I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wow, only 2 people are ever interviewed? That's crazy. Do they just close off apps when two people have passed the initial stage, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *C*)
    I cant apply again as the jobs are taken off the site now! lol I phoned them yesterday and the guy said that Sainsburys haven't updated my status yet so it could be early next week until I hear. When I login to the site my status is still First Stage Interview so I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed :p:
    Yep I'll cross mine too :p: Wishing you the best of luck, i'd try to call again on Saturday

(Original post by inksplodge)
    Wow, only 2 people are ever interviewed? That's crazy. Do they just close off apps when two people have passed the initial stage, then?
    Well they ask the two highest scorers on the test to an interview and anyone else who may've also passed the initial stage will be given the option to wait for the interviewees to fail the interview and then get an interview (not really likely it would happen) OR to withdraw your application lol. It has happened to me MANY TIMES :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well they ask the two highest scorers on the test to an interview and anyone else who may've also passed the initial stage will be given the option to wait for the interviewees to fail the interview and then get an interview (not really likely it would happen) OR to withdraw your application lol. It has happened to me MANY TIMES :p:
    Oh! I feel rather pleased with myself that I got an interview then. My interviewer guy said I could hear tomorrow or Monday! :woo:

ps. I noticed people were talking about self checkouts earlier- our store doesn't have any. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I feel rather pleased with myself that I got an interview then. My interviewer guy said I could hear tomorrow or Monday! :woo:

ps. I noticed people were talking about self checkouts earlier- our store doesn't have any. :tongue:
    Wishing you the best of luck also :p:

My current store is too small, it still gets busy but most of the customers are either old or computer illiterate :p: so I don't self scans would go down well at my store loool :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I feel rather pleased with myself that I got an interview then.
    Oh me too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.