Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Boooo. I'm lay in bed posting off my iPhone. In work at 7am. Sainsburys makes me do ally things. It looks like I have a new job/department, which means I will be starting at 6am. Yay.

(Original post by Untitled258)
    Boooo. I'm lay in bed posting off my iPhone. In work at 7am. Sainsburys makes me do ally things. It looks like I have a new job/department, which means I will be starting at 6am. Yay.
    Well I'm guessing that's either online or bakery. If online, welcome to the team :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well I'm guessing that's either online or bakery. If online, welcome to the team :p:
    Niether!!! Weekend price control. I'd rather start at 7am but there's things I legaly have to do. I think.

Niether!!! Weekend price control. I'd rather start at 7am but there's things I legaly have to do. I think.
    Oh. Well then ignore my welcome >_>

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Once again I have a 12 hour weekend on checkouts to look forward to. :woo:

Looking forward to = wrong terminology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I got another confirmation of my resignation today!

From HRSS (oddly) asking if I could return my discount card, uniform (which I don't have), my badge and other property belonging to J Sainsbury's PLC.

I'm not asking for a 'we miss you so much, and once you've finished wiping the tears - like we have, if you could return xyz, that would be appreciated', but this letter seemed rather blunt and rude. It was more of a; 'Return what is ours.. or we'll get you'. :eek:
    You're supposed to receive confirmation of a resignation? I can't remember having ever received one, and only have a big line through my name on the schedules as confirmation of any sort.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    I'm interested to know- do many girls do the night shift? :tongue:
    Not enough :tongue:
    Seriously, at my store there are a fair number of women (perhaps a third or so of the shift), but with just... err... one exception, they're all over 40.

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii, I have my induction for Sainsbury's on Wednesday and Thursday as a 'General Assistant'. I'm just wondering how long I would have to wait before I can do over time? Also how long before I could be till trained - for overtime?

ReputationRep:
    I did overtime on my induction week haha. A few of us were in half an hour early before we were meant to start the induction but they were so busy they asked us to go down to checkouts and help out with packing, doing basket runs, etc. You should be able to do overtime on tills as soon as induction is completed. Just depends on if they require extra staff on.

ReputationRep:
    Thankss. Do you know when I will get my uniform, clock in card etc. ?

ReputationRep:
    I was asked to do overtime before I had even properly started my induction. I hadn't even sat on a checkout yet. There isn't a timescale on these things it all depends on what the store needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbomb)
    Uniform should be on your first day depending on if your store has what you need in stock. Mine had 1 pair of trousers in stock and that was it so I just had to wear a plain shirt for a week until they ordered more in.

You don't get a clocking in card its all done by a number. Sign in at customer services on your first day and then they should give you a clocking in number when you start your induction. Then you just use that to clock in and out which they will show you how to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbomb)
    We were given our clock in numbers (we dont have cards) at inductions, uniforms they gave us on our first day. Highly embarrassing having to wear Sainsburys issue trousers

ReputationRep:
    The trousers are rather baggy...

(Original post by ScarletBlaster)
    The trousers are rather baggy...
    Which I prefer, but the pervert in me hates it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear the trousers, they're too tight at the waist for me. I mean, I could wear them, I just wouldn't be able to breathe. :P

ReputationRep:
    Apprently i'm working too much, everyone is saying to me ive gotten really grumpy in work, and saying i keep snapping at people.

Oh, my trousers don't fit, all my trousers are either a 34/36 and fit me, they are a 36 and are absolutely no where near closing.

(Original post by estel)
    You're supposed to receive confirmation of a resignation? I can't remember having ever received one, and only have a big line through my name on the schedules as confirmation of any sort.
    I had two confirmations, one direct from my manager in form of a generic acceptance of resignation and then a letter from HRSS asking me to be sure I return everything! :confused:

(Original post by Lukely)
    Once again I have a 12 hour weekend on checkouts to look forward to. :woo:

Looking forward to = wrong terminology.

Enjoy! Btw, have a nice holiday?

ReputationRep:
    Apprently i'm working too much, everyone is saying to me ive gotten really grumpy in work, and saying i keep snapping at people.

Oh, my trousers don't fit, all my trousers are either a 34/36 and fit me, they are a 36 and are absolutely no where near closing.
    Don't worry about the working too much thing, just make sure you get a good nights sleep before you go in and al will be fine- also make sure you are not hungry or thirsty.

As for trousers, ask for a new pair if they don't fit is all you can do, they might just be a smaller size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    Don't worry about the working too much thing, just make sure you get a good nights sleep before you go in and al will be fine- also make sure you are not hungry or thirsty.

As for trousers, ask for a new pair if they don't fit is all you can do, they might just be a smaller size.
    Lol, i go to work at 7am, so i set off for 630, never have time to eat! And i can never get to sleep till the night before.

Apparently, if you work full time, after about 3 months, you hit a wall, where basically you just cant be arsed, get grumpy, generally down, and then you get over it and your fine for ever and ever. Luckily i will be back in uni soon, and will no longer be doing 40/48 hour weeks, and i will be doign 12!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.