Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    Were they not able to reduce your contract?
    I've only been on checkouts and briefly on kiosk, but i much prefer checkouts. Don't really intend on moving :p:
    HR only works till 5:30pm, so it wouldn't have worked. I was offered to go back to TL on Checkouts. But anything but there..

I've got a job at Orange, so hopefully I'll be okay!

I liked Checkouts. But I didn't like the idea of having to buzz whenever there was an issue (which I was more than able to deal with), it was rather mind-numbing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    LOL!

I can see it. The next couple of huddles; 'Please refrain from posting on TSR'. :yes:
    What's a huddle?!

Being there 3 months. Must have had 1 huddle lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    What's a huddle?!

Being there 3 months. Must have had 1 huddle lol
    its just a collective of information relevant to colleagues really.
    say if they notice sales aren't good that week, they'll ask everyone to try and up them kinda thing

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    If you google sainsburys interview etc. or anything along those lines then this forum is top! I gamble that some savvy high-flying staff member knows about it by now :p: .

Lol and I wonder why they are so nice to their new starters? How high is the turnover rate of staff (and, by the same accord, if I stick it out until I'm 18 (only just over a year) what are my odds of being promoted to team leader etc.)

I think that's how I found this thread. By Googling!

I guess they're nice to their new starters, to make them feel welcome and comfortable!? :eek3:

I know the staff retention is poor, so many leave. It's been argued that this is because of the high number of students it employs. However, I reckon that's rubbish. It's cause they treat them like crap.

I guess if you get involved a lot, show an interest in working your way up. I don't see why not? I guess you need to first get into the desk. Most (if not all) Team Leaders (on Checkouts) have gone through the desk.

ReputationRep:
    HR only works till 5:30pm, so it wouldn't have worked. I was offered to go back to TL on Checkouts. But anything but there..

I've got a job at Orange, so hopefully I'll be okay!

I liked Checkouts. But I didn't like the idea of having to buzz whenever there was an issue (which I was more than able to deal with), it was rather mind-numbing!

Ahh I see.

Well atleast you have a job to go to. If, a little more challenging lol.
    They should give capable people on checkouts the right equipment to do so. It is annoying having to wait when you know what could be done to resolve it!

ReputationRep:
    its just a collective of information relevant to colleagues really.
    say if they notice sales aren't good that week, they'll ask everyone to try and up them kinda thing
    Yeh, I've had 1 in 3 months:p: Consisted almost entirely of one of the managers "flirting" with the HR manager. Cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I've had 1 in 3 months:p: Consisted almost entirely of one of the managers "flirting" with the HR manager. Cringe.
    Sometimes they just don't get around to you, seems the case lol

Do any of you have the new uniforms/screens/coupon printers?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's how I found this thread. By Googling!

I guess they're nice to their new starters, to make them feel welcome and comfortable!? :eek3:

I know the staff retention is poor, so many leave. It's been argued that this is because of the high number of students it employs. However, I reckon that's rubbish. It's cause they treat them like crap.

I guess if you get involved a lot, show an interest in working your way up. I don't see why not? I guess you need to first get into the desk. Most (if not all) Team Leaders (on Checkouts) have gone through the desk.
    Sorry for sounding so naïve but what does the desk do? Is it that role which responds to all the queries that the till staff raise (i.e. the person that gets buzzed)?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for sounding so naïve but what does the desk do? Is it that role which responds to all the queries that the till staff raise (i.e. the person that gets buzzed)?
    They'll deal with customer enquiries, refunds, answering the telephones etc

The 'Desk' aka Customer Service Desk is basically where the customers will go if they have problems etc.

Once you're on the desk, you'll have supervisor access (to process the refunds etc) and once you've been desk trained, you're part way to supervisor training. So that's where many will go after..

ReputationRep:
    The 'Desk' aka Customer Service Desk is basically where the customers will go if they have problems etc.

Once you're on the desk, you'll have supervisor access (to process the refunds etc) and once you've been desk trained, you're part way to supervisor training. So that's where many will go after..
    Many, apart from one of our stores who has been there close to 10 years and is still managing to sound delightfully interested as he says "Will all till trained staff PLEASE report to checkouts? THANK YOOOOOOOOO"

Many, apart from one of our stores who has been there close to 10 years and is still managing to sound delightfully interested as he says "Will all till trained staff PLEASE report to checkouts? THANK YOOOOOOOOO"
    I :love: tannoys. I worked with a camp lad, and he was bloody awesome. Hearing his voice would bring a smile to all our faces and if he was around, no one else touched the tannoy. It was him or no one.

I remember over Xmas, we had BOGOF on Hot Cross Buns and we had him constantly sing the Hot Cross Buns song!

I think he's left now.. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I :love: tannoys. I worked with a camp lad, and he was bloody awesome. Hearing his voice would bring a smile to all our faces and if he was around, no one else touched the tannoy. It was him or no one.

I remember over Xmas, we had BOGOF on Hot Cross Buns and we had him constantly sing the Hot Cross Buns song!

I think he's left now.. :eek3:
    This guy sounds strangely familiar:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone living in Northern Ireland there's a new Sainsbury's opening in Derry 300 jobs on the cards

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you have the new uniforms/screens/coupon printers?
    No/No/No lol however the store I've been working in the last couple of weeks is Yes/Yes/No. Its horrible going back to the old stuff.

I :love: tannoys.
    I think they're ok, but I really need to plan what I'm going to say before I start talking.... Good Evening, Colleague Announcement.... Umm... Can Bob contact... umm 233... thank you... Okay, they probably aren't that bad, but they aren't brilliant! lol

Nice threat too btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    No/No/No lol however the store I've been working in the last couple of weeks is Yes/Yes/No. Its horrible going back to the old stuff.

Lol ours don't have any either
    I hope the new trousers are a better fitting than the blue ones we have now!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm hoping they have uniform in slightly bigger sizes as I'm a fairly big guy (The lady was doing the uniform sheet and said: I'll put you down for Large polo and fleece (all there was on the sheet) and I'm an XL)- this is gonna go well :p: !

ReputationRep:
    Well, the polo shirts seem a better fit IMO. That's all I got of the new uniform. Still the same horrible material though!

ReputationRep:
    Or use the back door..?
    Oh guess so :p: Just that at my store all the entrances except the fire exits are automatic. So when the store isn't open for trading you have to slide them manually to get in and out. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asriel)

Have any other stores had the till update then? Its really stupid and slow, glad I can remember most of the plu codes.
    yes, hate it!! I need to learn the plu codes.

4012 for oranges
    994 for lemons
    4011 for bananas

anyone know what broccoli, limes, onions codes are?

and this thread has made me lol tonight!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.