Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Lol, i go to work at 7am, so i set off for 630, never have time to eat! And i can never get to sleep till the night before.

Apparently, if you work full time, after about 3 months, you hit a wall, where basically you just cant be arsed, get grumpy, generally down, and then you get over it and your fine for ever and ever. Luckily i will be back in uni soon, and will no longer be doing 40/48 hour weeks, and i will be doign 12!
    that is insane, i don't go in till 2pm on a saturday, i am working sunday from 8:30 but that is too early for me (mainly cause i don't leave work till 10pm on saturday) i am working a 19 hour weekend(not all weekends just the ones i am asked to do sunday) , and then have school on the top so i understand the kind of pressure your under, i hit the wall the other weekend when i did the whole weekend with a really bad cold and feeling generally miserable- better last week though.

ReputationRep:
    Got my induction this weekend, 9-5 both days - got Coldplay at Wembley on Sat night in the middle, think I'm gonna be knackered by Monday!

My shifts are 6am-10am Tues-Fri online shopper, do you think they'll ask me to start this Tues coming? I've got a few things I need to go to first thing next week for uni registration week, ideally want to start work the week after (i.e. first actual week of term) as got no lectures first thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Got my induction this weekend, 9-5 both days - got Coldplay at Wembley on Sat night in the middle, think I'm gonna be knackered by Monday!

My shifts are 6am-10am Tues-Fri online shopper, do you think they'll ask me to start this Tues coming? I've got a few things I need to go to first thing next week for uni registration week, ideally want to start work the week after (i.e. first actual week of term) as got no lectures first thing.
    Your contract starts from the first day of your induction so I am afraid you'll have to work next week.

ReputationRep:
    Who has ever had time off to have an operation?

I need to do this *nods*

I hope they feel sorry for me and offer to pay me for the time off >;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Apprently i'm working too much, everyone is saying to me ive gotten really grumpy in work, and saying i keep snapping at people.

Oh, my trousers don't fit, all my trousers are either a 34/36 and fit me, they are a 36 and are absolutely no where near closing.
    Wear your own then, or go shopping for some new ones :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Who has ever had time off to have an operation?

I need to do this *nods*

I hope they feel sorry for me and offer to pay me for the time off >;D
    No chance lol, but they have to give you the time off :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one complaining about the trouser waist size. They seem to be about 2-3 sizes too small. Now that I'm losing weight a 36 inch waist on a pair of jeans is too big but with a pair of 36 inch Sainsbury's trousers I can barely fit into them.

Also: Working as a general assistant is surprisingly easy. When I was at Morrisons we had to break down the deliveries every morning but at Sainsbury's it's all done during the night.

However, I'd still prefer not doing the job... I don't mind hard work but I'd rather do something that will actually benefit my career.

PS: Do you have to clock out/in for your tea breaks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Wear your own then, or go shopping for some new ones :confused:
    I do wear my own
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Just got the phone call- I got the job

ReputationRep:
    Well, my first day at this store. I was helping stock the cheese isle when this man told me he was going to slap the smile off of my face. Good times <_<

(Original post by Fawn)
    Well, my first day at this store. I was helping stock the cheese isle when this man told me he was going to slap the smile off of my face. Good times <_<
    Which store was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    :O Why would someone say that to you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Which store was this?
    Canterbury, where do you work?

(Original post by Fawn)
    Canterbury, where do you work?
    Aylesford/Larkfield, just outside Maidstone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    :O Why would someone say that to you?!
    Trust me I have no idea Just some crazy nutter! I was in a good mood too haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Trust me I have no idea Just some crazy nutter! I was in a good mood too haha
    :hugs:

Well I hope you have a nicer day the next time you work

On my first day (well after my till training) I had one of those customers where they (for some odd reason) haven't bothered to look at the prices of any of their items, then start asking me how much items which would confuse a bit because I had to scan then tell him the price (he had about 25). He got angry about a massive bottle of detergent that cost £5.00. But to be fair it was very big bottle.

I scanned everything and he wanted to void 2 items (the detergent and butter) and I didnt void the 2nd item properly by mistake, he ended up getting more infuriated (which was my fault anyway) but after I voided the items and finished the transaction and he paid, he laughed saying that he will be checking the receipt as a joke and I laughed too, assuming he was being ironic.

15 minutes later I see him with his pocket calculator out looking at his list.

And it just put me in an annoyed mood, someone being so pedantic and putting stress upon me because he didn't check the items then sitting in the store checking the prices like he has no faith in what I did. I know I made a mistake but I tried my best and it clearly said on my shirt "TRAINEE".

But yes, first days can be odd :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ohh I'm dreading my first day now! I'll be doing night shifts though... so probably won't be that bad?:redface:

ReputationRep:
    Night shifts will just be boring and tiring. At least you have a break from the crazy customers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Ohh I'm dreading my first day now! I'll be doing night shifts though... so probably won't be that bad?:redface:
    Oooh don't worry, night shift seems peaceful! Unless your store opens 24 hours a day lool

ReputationRep:
    i really want to know how applying being rejected and then reapplying works.

another Online Shopper has come up, with different shifts to the one i previously applied for, yet the system still wont let me apply. Ill probably make a new account to sneak through this but how long do you have to wait before the system stops telling you that you cant apply?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.