Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1000 hour on checkouts???
    Wow i can't even take 12 hours on checkouts, let alone 1000.
    i hate checkouts with a vengeance though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I won't be at my Sainsbury's long, gap year and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    If a customer's bill comes to £88.03 and she wants to be blooming awkward and pay it off with TWO credit cards, how would I do this? She wants £50 off with her Mastercard, and the remaining £38.03 on her Barclaycard.

A new starter asked me this today as we were back to back on the checkouts, but even though I have been till-trained for 10 weeks myself I didn't know the answer to her question.

Thinking about it now, is it the same kind of method as with Cashback, only press the EFT option rather the Cashback option?

Please can someone give me a step-by-step guide.
    Go to the payment screen (Where it says cash, eft, gift card etc), type in the amount they want to pay in pence (Not pounds!) and then press EFT. On the EFT box it should say insert card with the amount they want to come off their card in £'s and pence

this is also the case if people want to pay part cash/part giftcard etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hate PLU group now. I've had to start learning the numbers because I hate the pictures in PLU group - takes 5 times longer!!

I have also just found this: http://supermarketpage.com/prucodes.php

lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I won't be at my Sainsbury's long, gap year and all.
    Same!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Same!
    I suppose I could always ask to transfer? I was planning to leave about a month or two before I started uni though - could actually do some travelling or something.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I could always ask to transfer? I was planning to leave about a month or two before I started uni though - could actually do some travelling or something.
    I was thinking of doing the same but I am not too sure if in my first year that I want to juggle uni and work.

I am thinking of leaving 2-3 months before so I can deal with packing, sorting out things generally for uni.

I can't wait!! LOL
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I was thinking of doing the same but I am not too sure if in my first year that I want to juggle uni and work.

I am thinking of leaving 2-3 months before so I can deal with packing, sorting out things generally for uni.

I can't wait!! LOL
    That was my intention too. I kind of want to go gap year-ish things and have fun before I go off! I guess I could always apply for something else whilst at uni if I need to :woo:

ReputationRep:
    That was my intention too. I kind of want to go gap year-ish things and have fun before I go off! I guess I could always apply for something else whilst at uni if I need to :woo:
    Yep Hopefully the money from this year will keep us out of the red :p:

Saving about £150 per month so hopefully in 9 months that'll be around £1350!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yep Hopefully the money from this year will keep us out of the red :p:

Saving about £150 per month so hopefully in 9 months that'll be around £1350!
    I'm going to save as much as I can possibly save until January time, then I shall go crazy in the sales.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to save as much as I can possibly save until January time, then I shall go crazy in the sales.
    I am going through my budget and realise that I don't even have enough money with the amount I have planned to save
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I am going through my budget and realise that I don't even have enough money with the amount I have planned to save
    Ohhh Fortunately there's nothing I need to buy (though I'd like to save up at least a couple of grand for uni) so

(Original post by Foulish)
    I hate PLU group now. I've had to start learning the numbers because I hate the pictures in PLU group - takes 5 times longer!!

I have also just found this: http://supermarketpage.com/prucodes.php

lmao
    *is glad he doesn't work on checkouts*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    *is glad he doesn't work on checkouts*
    What you said :yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't think I have to work on checkouts... I'd assume there are no people in at night time.

Er, one of my induction days is 9 - 5. They didn't say if it was AM or PM though. I'm assuming it's 9am - 5pm. Right...? They wouldn't do an induction 9pm - 5am would they? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    next PLU number :')
    which most checkout people would knowww .. 2424

ReputationRep:
    Red grapes

ReputationRep:
    I hate the amount of training booklets you have to fill in over and over again, like fire safety etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Hello_Kitty)
    I hate the amount of training booklets you have to fill in over and over again, like fire safety etc.
    I'm sooo looking forward to that this weekend... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    next PLU number :')
    which most checkout people would knowww .. 2424
    red grapes

and 2370 isss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.